POLL: Which is your favorite deluxe resort?

Which is your favorite Deluxe Resort?

• Animal Kingdom

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • Beach Club

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Boardwalk

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Contemporary

Votes: 19 9.8%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Polynesian

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • Wilderness Lodge

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Yacht Club

Votes: 11 5.7%

• Total voters
I have to think about this vote. Their is something to be said for all, just depends on what mode I'm in? That being said, I loved loved AKL, and I didn't care for YC. However, I loved the area of YC, so I'd probably trying BWI next time. Since I loved AKL (no, the distance is no big deal, honestly), I'm now trying WL because I feel like there will be similarities, but with the boat convenience. I do Love the Boardwalk area, didn't love Dolphin, but liked it enough for the convenience and cheaper than YC that I would book Dolphin or swan or BWI before the YC/ BC. Yes! I know! SAB ! But, honestly, that pool is packed and midday, good luck finding a chair. So while it's a cool pool, I'd like a little space, you know?

YC is my favorite but I will stay in any of the Epcot resorts, I just stay in the one that is less. I love being able to walk to two parks and we spend part of every day at Epcot.

YC is my favorite but I will stay in any of the Epcot resorts, I just stay in the one that is less. I love being able to walk to two parks and we spend part of every day at Epcot.

I also tended to appreciate DHS more when staying over there too. I sometimes think it gets a bad rap, but taking the boat was great, and after Fantasmic, we just walked back! I do wish they hadn't gotten rid of Idol, though.

For me it came down to CR & BC.

For BC, Epcot is my favorite park and I really like being able to walk to Epcot/DHS. The boardwalk area is also nice.

However, as to a resort itself, CR is hands down my favorite. I really like the walk to MK. BVG & Fantasia are my favorite resort stores. I personally have nbever had a bad meal at Cali Grill. Contempo Cafe, The Wave, & Contrmprary Grounds are all favorites of mine. If i’m waiting on whoever I’m with, sitting at the Outer Rim lounge and people watching is nice to do. If my room is a bayview then I really enjoy ending the night sitting on the balcony watching the Electrical Water Pageant. I could go on and on.

I enjoy all the Deluxe resort on the monorail but prefer the Polynesian Village over the others. I lived on a Caribbean island for 3 years so I totally love the tropical theme plus it was the resort we used to stay at a lot when I was a kid so it has tons of great memories.

I voted for GF. It was the last deluxe on my bucket list to try, having stayed at YC, BC, Poly, AKL & WL. BWI & CR hold no appeal for me but may try, who knows. I was afraid we wouldn’t enjoy GF hearing reports that some feel it’s stuffy. So I just booked a short stay first, combining with YC for a split stay. Turned out we loved it and booked a few stays at GF for 2 week stays. Beautiful resort and very relaxing.

I’ve never had a deluxe resort stay I haven’t enjoyed.

Between the location (MK view), architecture, cool factor, dining, shopping, murals, and SMELL, nothing beats the Contemporary.

And the sight of it walking back from MK at night (especially passing under the monorail beam near BLT) is wow.

Kind of depends what you mean by favorite. They all have pros and cons, so I can't really put any of them as overall best.

AKL - best themeing
AoA- best budget hotel: theming, food, pool
BC - most upbeat decor

Also, the quality of each varies quite a bit over time. Disney is constantly changing food offerings and refurbishing pools, adding DVC rooms, rotating staff, etc. Today's pick, won't be tomorrow's pick.

I love the theming of AKL, but it isn't doesn't have the biggest rooms and only has bus transportation.

I have to think about this vote. Their is something to be said for all, just depends on what mode I'm in?

ITA. We have stayed at all of them except for WL, and we'll finally be checking that off the list at Christmastime this year (split stay between WL & BC).

I think so much of it for us depends on the purpose of our trip, who's going with us, and how old everyone is.

When D was very little and we spent most of our time at MK, we hands down preferred the Poly because of the ease of transportation to and from MK and EP (where H and I love the food options).

Once she got a little older but still preferred the MK, our favorite was the GF for a while. We also stayed in a to-die-for 1BR villa in BLT with a theme park view...and that was absolutely incredible.

But once she was old enough that she was all about Star Wars, thrill rides, and eating delicious food (by age 10 or so), we spent more and more time at HS and Epcot, so the Epcot resorts became our thing because, for us, you can't beat being able to walk to two parks. And we actually love all 3 EP resorts, so we typically just book whichever one has the best available rate.

But...if H and I were to go alone on a trip where we wanted to spend as much time at the hotel as at the parks, and it were a less busy time of year, we would very likely choose AKL. I love the theming, the food, the vibe...everything but the fact that the only transportation option is buses, which is why we've only stayed there once.

But since I had to vote...I chose the BWI, because we stayed in a Garden Room on an adults only trip in April and it was absolute heaven. :cloud9:

Well I voted for Animal Kingdom Lodge mainly because its the only deluxe we have stayed at so far but my girls are working me hard to stay the Poly for our 2021 trip.

I voted for The BoardWalk. It’s the only Deluxe we have stayed at, but because of the location, I probably won’t stay at a non Epcot resort, if it’s in the budget. Epcot is our favorite resort and we love the option to walk to 2parks.

I like the atmosphere at the Polynesian Village, but the non-villa rooms need to be refurbished. They aren't nice enough IMHO for the price point. I really like the quaintness, atmosphere, rooms, and walk-ability of Boardwalk Inn, so it's my vote.

It changes for me. Right now I am planning our next vacation and I really want to stay at Boardwalk, so I gave that as my answer. Next week it could be a different answer. :D

It depends.
When our kids were younger, Beach Club.
Now that we do wine and Food, Boardwalk.
AKl has an amazing theme adn love walking around it.
Wilderness is just beautiful.

BC for location and rooms, AKL for hotel itself (I do not like the rooms, but we often spend a night or two there before moving over to BC because the rest of the hotel is so great).

CR/BLT. We bought into DVC because of our love for the CR. The amenities...the location...the nostalgia...the great food choices...the view...the decor....the monorail. Be still my heart.

We’ve stayed at 6 of them, but after staying at AKL, I can’t imagine going anywhere else. The resort was our favorite part of the trip.

I've stayed at all of them. I think it's hard to pick a favorite since they all have pros and cons and preferences depending on the type of trip it is... Christmas? Give me Wilderness lodge! Adults only? yacht club please! Quick trip for a party or long weekend? Contemporary! But since you made me choose I guess Wilderness Lodge wins out for all around due to best theming, my love for the geyser point bar, quieter atmosphere/lack of "traffic".

I was torn, but CR edged out Poly because of the ability to walk to MK. That said, I really like BWI, and that location is great too. And the atmosphere at AKL too...

Wasn't as wowed by WL or GF. Best thing about YC was the location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter