Poly August 2018 fully booked?

cmfitz14

Mouseketeer
Was just pricing the Poly for August 2018 - a standard room. It says it's fully booked at that level. Already fully booked a year in advance, how is that? Does this have anything to do with the possibility of the room realignment (pool/marina view having an additional charge)?

Was just pricing the Poly for August 2018 - a standard room. It says it's fully booked at that level. Already fully booked a year in advance, how is that? Does this have anything to do with the possibility of the room realignment (pool/marina view having an additional charge)?

What are your exact dates? I just now tried the following dates and Standard was available for all of them.

8/4 - 8/11
8/11 - 8/18
8/18 - 8/25

So weird! 8/15-8/24

It can sometimes be difficult to book longer stays that begin and end mid-week. It seems Disney has been using some new room assignment algorithms that are often blocking stays like that - they don't seem to like 'dangling' weekdays anymore!! And they are getting odd about length of stays too.

If I look at 8/11 - 8/24, 8/12 - 8/24, 8/13 - 8/24 - they all have standard rooms available. As soon as I put in a midweek day as your starting date - it doesn't work. 8/14 - 8/24 is a 'no go'.

It seems strange that it's already fully booked for just those 2 dates a year in advance... don't you think?

hopefully it's just a fluke... I would imagine if I call they'd be able to quote me. Correct?

It seems strange that it's already fully booked for just those 2 dates a year in advance... don't you think?

They are probably not fully booked for those 2 dates. As @barbliny stated, WDW reservation system uses algorithms designed to not leave "orphaned" rooms, rooms that are unbooked for a night or 2 in the middle of the week. If you check in on the 15th there will probably be a Standard View room open and unbooked for the 13th and 14th unless another guest is checking out on the 14th. If you call and explain what you are trying to do, the reservation CM can get you over to Guest Services who have the authority to override the booking system. We ran into the same issue our last trip and Guest Services was able to help.

Last edited:
One other factor that 'could' be involved here is Disney is reportedly adding a "Pool View" room category later this year. This will reduce the amount of "Standard View" room inventory when added. Hard to say if the website is updated with this detail behind the scenes for 2018 reservations (the Pool View option is obviously not showing up yet), but it wouldn't surprise me if maybe it is.

That and Disney's funky availability algorithms that have been mentioned.

I am also having this trouble in November. But I think Thanksgiving may be the culprit for me. Wanted to check in the Saturday after but can't get Standard view (or a standard Studio) until Sunday. I'll probably book it soon Sunday-Saturday and hope something opens up. I'm not sure what we'd do Saturday night then. Hate the thought of having to switch rooms (if we go for a pricier room) or resorts.

I'm definitely going to call. Had more time to check out various scenarios. There is availability for Standard view on the 24th. And it would let me book 11/24-11/30. Or 11/25-12/1. Or many other variations. But when I put in our planned dates, 11/24-12/1, it shows no availability. Very stranger considering it's a Saturday-Saturday, not really an odd choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter