Poly or BLT??

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
We already have a contract at AKV but want to get another one. We LOVE Poly and would really like to get one there but one of the reasons why my hubby wants another contract is so that we can go with his parents or my parents and the kids. Obviously the poly has only studios or bungalows so we'd have to get multiple studios if we were to take either set of parents with us. He also likes the idea of having a kitchen and feels like when we stay in a studio we tend to actually spend more on food because we are somewhat forced to eat out instead of eating in our room.

Knowing this would you consider BLT instead of Poly or would you use the AKV contract for those 2 bedrooms when family is tagging along and use the Poly contract for studio trips when it's just us? Dilemmas Dilemmas lol

I like having options, so I would do BLT, if I were you. I would only do Poly if I know for sure I can always live with Studios, but I rather have choices. But since I am me, I would do Poly :), because I always get studios, and rather save the points for more trips instead of getting bigger 1 bedroom. And BLT is less points than Poly for rooms. But you really can't go wrong either way!!! Good luck with your decision.

Great3

Last edited:
Just based upon your reasoning for another contract, it seems that BLT would fit those needs best. If you’re looking for a weekend getaway with just you & your hubby, you could likely score a room at the Poly at the 7-month mark and not require the home resort priority (depending on the season, obviously). One thing to consider is that when you have a larger group, would you more appreciate the relaxed vibe of AKL, or the monorail access?? We own at all 3 of those resorts and love them all... but when we travel with others, they tend to prefer staying at the monorail resorts. It’s when just a few of us, or only my immediate family goes, that we prefer AKL 😍

As an aside, BLT has a third bathroom in the 2-bedroom... as does Kidani, but Jambo House does not... and I’ve got a soft spot for Jambo House. Which means, on our next family trip, we’ll be staying in a 2-bed at BLT and a grand villa at Jamb House. 🤩 So, those lower point costs at AKV won’t be helping us out much there!! 😂

But if you’d be happy using your AKV contract for all “larger group” trips, and will be taking enough trips as just a couple to make another contract worthwhile - by all means, buy what you love and jump into the Poly!!

Good luck with your decision, and happy hunting!!

I love Poly and it's our first home. We plan to go through it with kids and even a grandparent. It's great have two showers in a studio.

But your husband sounds really set in the stuff that he wants and he's not going to get it at Poly so I'd suggest BLT for your situation. You can always plan on BLT and switch to Poly at 7 months.

With all the studios they have at the Polynesian, you probably would be able to book one at seven months out. But you won't get the point saver standard view at BLT without owning there.

I do love Poly, but that being said in your case I would get BLT points. Cost wise they are close to one another, but Poly studios are often open at 7 months where BLT 2 bedrooms not as much. I would get BLT points and book studios there for those solo trips, and then at 7 months see if Poly studios are open.

Both are great choices. I’d go with whatever one had the best purchase price option and fit my points and use year needs. When pooling points at 7 months, most resorts have more availability for larger villa sizes for the family trip.

We already have a contract at AKV but want to get another one. We LOVE Poly and would really like to get one there but one of the reasons why my hubby wants another contract is so that we can go with his parents or my parents and the kids. Obviously the poly has only studios or bungalows so we'd have to get multiple studios if we were to take either set of parents with us. He also likes the idea of having a kitchen and feels like when we stay in a studio we tend to actually spend more on food because we are somewhat forced to eat out instead of eating in our room.

Knowing this would you consider BLT instead of Poly or would you use the AKV contract for those 2 bedrooms when family is tagging along and use the Poly contract for studio trips when it's just us? Dilemmas Dilemmas lol

Since you already know the places and what you prefer. Which is harder for you to get when you want it? BLT or Poly?

Us...we tend to be on one or the other end of the spectrum. If we're grouping it, we do AKV. If it's just the family then we do PVB - unless we have points to burn. We REALLY like the idea of BLT, but we generally find it hard to bring ourselves to spend the points there.

We also have CCV....but we're not really sure why. We never stayed there nor do we really have a desire to, but the contract was cheap so we'll use the points at AKV and PVB probably.

Given the interest in the kitchen, I’d say BLT will give you that. However, are you only considering that when you have extra guests?

If Poly is where you love, then I’d buy there, While SV rooms won’t be easy at BLT, the LV will many of the times and given Thant yoy will have AKV and Poly points to combine at 7 months...assuming you buy same UY...youll be able to get the 2 bedrooms.

Since you already know the places and what you prefer. Which is harder for you to get when you want it? BLT or Poly?

Us...we tend to be on one or the other end of the spectrum. If we're grouping it, we do AKV. If it's just the family then we do PVB - unless we have points to burn. We REALLY like the idea of BLT, but we generally find it hard to bring ourselves to spend the points there.

We also have CCV....but we're not really sure why. We never stayed there nor do we really have a desire to, but the contract was cheap so we'll use the points at AKV and PVB probably.
Honestly I've had no issues getting either Poly or BLT at 7 months. Granted who knows what things will look like in the upcoming months as more people feel comfortable traveling. I'm leaning towards keeping PVB as a family trip and AKV as a large group booking. We currently have never stayed at BLT so it's so hard to even suggest it. All we know is we want a monorail resort and VGF is out because we just didn't care for it much.

Poly has shown decent 7 month availability at all but the most peak times. So, depending on when you travel, and if you have some flexibility, it might be easy enough to use BLT points at Poly.

BLT has much more challenging categories, and the 11 month advantage is a real thing there.

Honestly I've had no issues getting either Poly or BLT at 7 months. Granted who knows what things will look like in the upcoming months as more people feel comfortable traveling. I'm leaning towards keeping PVB as a family trip and AKV as a large group booking. We currently have never stayed at BLT so it's so hard to even suggest it. All we know is we want a monorail resort and VGF is out because we just didn't care for it much.

Me neither, but we can only speak in generalities while the OP knows the specifics.

Each resort has their own quirks and perks depending on time of year. If the OP likes sitting on the beach on New Years Eve, BLT points aren't going to help them. Nor will PVB points if they want to bring the kids on spring break in a 1BR standard at BLT.

Hence why I said which is more difficult to them specifically. IMO, address the one that's been making you wish you had 11-mo priority.

Me neither, but we can only speak in generalities while the OP knows the specifics.

Each resort has their own quirks and perks depending on time of year. If the OP likes sitting on the beach on New Years Eve, BLT points aren't going to help them. Nor will PVB points if they want to bring the kids on spring break in a 1BR standard at BLT.

Hence why I said which is more difficult to them specifically. IMO, address the one that's been making you wish you had 11-mo priority.

I am the OP lol

I would purchase BLT or GF for the room choice and flexibility. I only through gf in there because you can walk to poly from GF so you get the best of both worlds...room choices and convenience of poly

I would purchase BLT or GF for the room choice and flexibility. I only through gf in there because you can walk to poly from GF so you get the best of both worlds...room choices and convenience of poly

We were just at GF and we did exactly that, walked over to Poly and that's when my hubby really realized that's where he wanted to buy. There is something about the smell there that lures us in lol

We travel as a group of 9 (dh, five kids my parents and me) and between my parents and us we own at 4 different resorts including Poly. The past few trips (and the upcoming one) we’ve stayed in 2 studios. We don’t ever cook so no kitchen doesn’t bother us really and we’re mostly in the parks so we can handle being squished. We just love Poly so much! That being said, it is nice when we can spread out in a 2br or grand villa, and BLT location is great, but imo nothing beats the ambiance of the Poly.

We were just at GF and we did exactly that, walked over to Poly and that's when my hubby really realized that's where he wanted to buy. There is something about the smell there that lures us in lol
As much as I wanted to like poly I did not...but love GF. We purchased GF and walk to poly for all the extras there

Sounds like you have made your decision? Are you adding on at GF?

Sounds like you have made your decision? Are you adding on at GF?

No GF definitely isn't an option. My hubby just doesn't think its worth it. We will potentially be staying at BLT in November so at that point he'll be able to truly compare Poly vs BLT if we don't decide to just bite the bullet and put in an offer before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter