Poly or BLT??

No GF definitely isn't an option. My hubby just doesn't think its worth it. We will potentially be staying at BLT in November so at that point he'll be able to truly compare Poly vs BLT if we don't decide to just bite the bullet and put in an offer before then.

I agree the point charts are high at GF, but I still love the resort. I would purchase BLT over poly. BLT and AKV are the only resorts that have 2 bathrooms in the 1 bedroom and 3 bathrooms in the 2 bedroom. I love the extra bathrooms! We added on at GF instead of BLT for standard view rooms at GF, but standard view is harder to get at BLT than GF in a one or two bedroom.

I am the OP lol

Oops! I get an F in reading comprehension.

Well in that case, it sounds like either one could work for you. PVB has the advantage that you know what you're getting into. You didn't say whether you were doing direct or resale (or I missed it) it might also come down to whatever you can find cheapest.

I'd imagine if you found either contract at $120/pt, you'd be hard pressed not to jump right on it. Sometimes it just works out that way too. But throughout the thread it does sound like your heart is leaning towards PVB.

Oops! I get an F in reading comprehension.

Well in that case, it sounds like either one could work for you. PVB has the advantage that you know what you're getting into. You didn't say whether you were doing direct or resale (or I missed it) it might also come down to whatever you can find cheapest.

I'd imagine if you found either contract at $120/pt, you'd be hard pressed not to jump right on it. Sometimes it just works out that way too. But throughout the thread it does sound like your heart is leaning towards PVB.
We would more than likely do resale. Our AKV contact is resale but before they made a bunch of changes so we are grandfathered in on the perks that we like (we are blue cardholders). For sure if we saw something about $120 we'd probably jump really fast lol Although it sounds like my hubby might be ok even at $140

The BLT standard bookings are excellent value, especially if you are park warriors. To get those, you need BLT. Poly is a much easier booking.

We would more than likely do resale. Our AKV contact is resale but before they made a bunch of changes so we are grandfathered in on the perks that we like (we are blue cardholders). For sure if we saw something about $120 we'd probably jump really fast lol Although it sounds like my hubby might be ok even at $140

Then you'll be fine. www.dvcbyresale.com has a PVB Feb UY, full points, listed for $135. Which probably means they'll take $130. Theres a sale pending on a $125 BLT there too that I'm kicking myself for not jumping on as well.

Good luck on the hunt!

I bought where I wanted to stay. We chose the Poly because it is one of our very favorite places to stay. My kids are teens now, the oldest is 19. We forsee trips without the kids while they are in college, and I think it is going to be a long time before any grandchildren might come into the picture. Poly studios are big, and there are two showers, so if I travel with my cousins on a girl's trip, it works out nicely. If all 5 of our immediate family go, we can do 2 studios. My kids go off on their own these days, so the lack of a kitchen isn't an issue. I wouldn't cook for only 2 of us.

I don't see us needing a one bedroom or larger often. If we need it later, we can add on if the family grows. For now what we got is perfect for our vacation wants.

I agree the point charts are high at GF, but I still love the resort. I would purchase BLT over poly. BLT and AKV are the only resorts that have 2 bathrooms in the 1 bedroom and 3 bathrooms in the 2 bedroom. I love the extra bathrooms! We added on at GF instead of BLT for standard view rooms at GF, but standard view is harder to get at BLT than GF in a one or two bedroom.

So a little opposite but RIV gets you 2 showers in the Studio actually. The 1BR is going to be a Shower and Tub though.

So in a 2BR you have 3x Showers and 1 Tub at RIV all in different "rooms" but only 2 toilets.

Not sure if other resorts have that same makeup.

Knowing this would you consider BLT instead of Poly or would you use the AKV contract for those 2 bedrooms when family is tagging along and use the Poly contract for studio trips when it's just us? Dilemmas Dilemmas lol
We were kind of in a similar situation as you. As a family of 5 we initially purchased at AK, simply based on what we could afford and how we could maximize our points. We fell in love with poly so we added on 100 points there. We will occasionally take our in-laws and need a 2 BR for those trips. We have done 2BR's at AK, 2 rooms at Poly, 2 BR at OKW and will be doing 2 BR at BC. So basically if you love BLT buy there but if you don't and you do love poly buy there because it really is all about what you want.

The main reason we chose BLT over poly was to have 1 and 2 bedroom options. We stayed at the poly on rented points and it was amazing. Everything else was perfect. And lakeview rooms have a mostly center view of the castle for fireworks. But we went with BLT to have those larger rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!