Poly Planning

I recently booked the Poly for August and I'm pretty sure they have done away with the "garden view" category. So it's just Standard, Lagoon, and Theme Park.

Good to know. Thank you.

Well, that is very sad, though. There is big difference between the parking lot views, for example, and the pretty views of the Poly grounds. It must have been a recent change because we had Poly CL GV booked just this past Jan. I guess that it is SV now, which is OK when staying at CL because all the SV 's will be what used to be GV anyway. No parking lot views there, thankfully.

I recently booked the Poly for August and I'm pretty sure they have done away with the "garden view" category. So it's just Standard, Lagoon, and Theme Park.

I recently booked the Poly for May 2018 and my reservation definitely says "Garden View" for all three rooms. But they are CL in Hawaii so maybe GV is specific to that particular longhouse?

Torn between Poly and CR. CR theme does not appeal to us at all, but the walk to MK does. Poly theme and access to TTC appeal to us, especially if monorail keeps having trouble. Poly was our first family trip resort, so it will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Torn between Poly and CR. CR theme does not appeal to us at all, but the walk to MK does. Poly theme and access to TTC appeal to us, especially if monorail keeps having trouble. Poly was our first family trip resort, so it will always hold a special place in our hearts.

You will get lots of expert advice here but here's my personal "non-expert" opinion...I was also torn between the two. We will be traveling with our adult kids and four grandkids who will be 5,5,4 and 1 at the time of the trip next year. I was only considering CR and Poly. We visited both resorts last month (just husband and me). After visiting both, we decided on the Poly. We will have passes for the full time of our stay so we can just pop into a park for a few hours or less if that's how the day is going. We did love the convenience of walking to the MK from CR but we preferred the pools and grounds at the Poly. Since we anticipate quite a bit of resort time, that was important. But if we had older kids, we might have different priorities.

If you want to be sure to see the lagoon parade, you want to book a lagoon view room or a theme park view room. A garden view MIGHT give you a sideways view, but you can't count on it, IMO.

The great views are lagoon or Theme Park View. You pay a lot for these, but they are lovely.

I agree :).

Don't worry about asking questions. That is what these boards are for! We all love to talk about Disney - we all get excited too!!!

Enjoy!

:thumbsup2

It must have been a recent change because we had Poly CL GV booked just this past Jan. I guess that it is SV now, which is OK when staying at CL because all the SV 's will be what used to be GV anyway. No parking lot views there, thankfully.

I recently booked the Poly for May 2018 and my reservation definitely says "Garden View" for all three rooms. But they are CL in Hawaii so maybe GV is specific to that particular longhouse?

The view for non-CL rooms have been changed from GV to SV, but the cheapest view for Poly CL is still GV. My guess is since the Hawaii longhouse faces the Oasis pool on one side and the lagoon/castle on the other, they couldn't classify CL as SV since it has a nice view from either side ;).

i love the conversation in this thread. i have been superstalker recently looking for specific views associated with room numbers. So far i found a post on here from 2 years ago and comparing it with tikimans website, i am really leaning on requesting 3610 in samoa longhouse.

That is of course unless someone else has a recommendation in the non CL rooms, and maybe a pic or two of the view.

Booked. June 12-23 at the Poly. Hoping for samoa longhouse lava pool view 3rd floor.

I LOVE this thread!! We recently booked the Poly GV with a TA (she's local to where I live so it's nice). It will be our first time at the Poly and the first using a TA. I am a control freak and i have been browsing all the options since the packages have been released. We are planning 8 nights in April of 2018. Is it advised to request a certain longhouse???

I LOVE this thread!! We recently booked the Poly GV with a TA (she's local to where I live so it's nice). It will be our first time at the Poly and the first using a TA. I am a control freak and i have been browsing all the options since the packages have been released. We are planning 8 nights in April of 2018. Is it advised to request a certain longhouse???

With a garden view room I would not request a certain longhouse, but I would request floor 3 or 1 because 2nd floor rooms in this hotels non-vacation-club-rooms do not have a balcony. Floor 1 rooms have a patio, floor 3 rooms have balconies.

A lot of people request Samoa 3rd floor for its location near the pool and the lobby building.

I would prefer to request Aoteaora or Fiji (or Niue 2nd floor, even without a balcony because this building only has two instead of three floors), Samoa would be on the end of my personal request-list.

But, just take it easy, all room locations have their pros and cons. Requests are just requests, but I think there are not too many bad room locations at the Poly. Some rooms lack of privacy because of foot traffic in front of their patios, for example some Samoa or Niue first floor rooms facing the pool.

i love the conversation in this thread. i have been superstalker recently looking for specific views associated with room numbers. So far i found a post on here from 2 years ago and comparing it with tikimans website, i am really leaning on requesting 3610 in samoa longhouse.

That is of course unless someone else has a recommendation in the non CL rooms, and maybe a pic or two of the view.

That is the room that I requested using touring plans! We are leaving on Wed 28th-5th. If we are lucky enough to get that room, I'll post and let you know ☺

We went to AKL this past August and had a blast. This summer is more of an extended family vacation to Ft Meyers beach. We were bummed, but hey, family is family.

Now to the fun part. We decided that next Summer, to be specific June 12-21 2018, would be our next WDW trip. My 2 kiddos picked the Poly this time. So obviously I have been in full research mode. I was wondering if anyone had any idea when the packages will be available to book for that time frame. Also, I know there are various discounts that come and go, and I was curious if anyone had successfully been able to get discount applied retroactively without losing your previous reservation?

All in all, this will be my planning thread, so any input would be great. This will be our 3rd trip. First we went for only a week to AoA. It was OK but felt a bit like mass vacationing. Our second trip was 10 days to AKL, and that was amazing. We loved everything about it, except for the transportation side. We like the idea of having non bus options to get around, but have not stayed at a monorail/boat resort yet.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Another benefit to the Polynesian is the Transportation and Ticket Center is within easy walking distance, so you can easily watch and catch the Epcot monorail or a bus to pretty much anywhere!

thanks for the input. I should target mid summer for package.

Have any of you used an agent like small world vacations or dreams unlimited? I cant find a lot of reviews on them, but want to know if it is worth it to ensure you get as many discounts as possible. Right now using 2017 dates just for a quick estimate it is looking to be around 10-12k.
We do use a travel agent that provides deep discounts via periodically booking at convention rates, but can't tell you their name on these boards because they're a competitor. If you do some sleuthing, you'll find them.

I do all the ADRs, FPs, etc myself. I only book the resort through my agent.

That is the room that I requested using touring plans! We are leaving on Wed 28th-5th. If we are lucky enough to get that room, I'll post and let you know ☺
please do. i would love to know how likely you are to get what you request in this resort. Looking at the map of the resort, i would love to request specific room of 1310 in samoa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter