Poly SAME ASSOCIATION: Finally the answer I've been waiting for!

Are you buying Poly direct when it goes on sale?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
TBF, I never take what guides say as “official”. Multiple times I’ve had to explain things to them or ask them to investigate it because I found in these forjms before them that something is happening and they have no idea about it lol

I'd take a guide's word without any other official confirmation from DVC skeptically too.

But it's also this story that cites Yvonne Chang. I guess until there's official word, there's always the chance she was misinterpreted. I did not hear the Q&A myself.

https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/pol...esian-tower-to-be-part-of-current-association

I'd take a guide's word without any other official confirmation from DVC skeptically too.

But it's also this story that cites Yvonne Chang. I guess until there's official word, there's always the chance she was misinterpreted. I did not hear the Q&A myself.

https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/pol...esian-tower-to-be-part-of-current-association
Maybe you haven't seen the ten or so threads.

but the "our plan right now" part of her statement is open to interpretation.

I definitely agree that we haven't seen anything official as yet. I've said as much since the news broke and many DIS'ers began taking "I told you so" victory laps.

I would think that if Yvonne Chang had strategically used the Q&A portion of the annual meeting to drop the news on the association status of the Poly Tower, then the guides would have received some follow-up information by now. Maybe some have, but mine hasn't.

I’ve personally have never found that to be true with my DVC guides..
my guide he said they were just informed that Poly2 "should" be the same association, but that it could change. he said it may open late fall , but has no idea when it will go on sale. nor would he speculate on pricing

my guide he said they were just informed that Poly2 "should" be the same association, but that it could change. he said it may open late fall , but has no idea when it will go on sale. nor would he speculate on pricing
It's funny how some guides apparently act like they have a gag order from a federal judge on them, and others seem to be pretty free flowing with information. Very inconsistent, every time we get a report of someone talking to a guide it's different info

It's funny how some guides apparently act like they have a gag order from a federal judge on them, and others seem to be pretty free flowing with information. Very inconsistent, every time we get a report of someone talking to a guide it's different info
They are all licensed. They want to protect those licenses.....

If one says I have no firm information to share,
and another on says our current plan is, but that might change.....

They both have said the same thing.... however, one may have upset about half his clients...

you're welcome to call your guide and ask. See what you are told

This impromptu "announcement" caught lots of people off guard,

I knew this from the beginning. It's not a new hotel like Riviera so it has to be included in the existing association.
Might not be as cut and dry if the Poly Tower designates points into DVD’s new Trust program. Inventory access could be different than what’s expected from the current system. Deeded PVB1 and 2 owners may not get priority on 100% of available points. The multi-home priority trust would also likely mean harder demand on the shiny new tower for priority bookings leaving less trading inventory for deeded owners of other resorts, direct and resale. This could be the reason they never came out and unequivocally said it will be exactly same association as PVB1 and needed to rely on ambiguity To not cross FL timeshare law.

TBF, I never take what guides say as “official”. Multiple times I’ve had to explain things to them or ask them to investigate it because I found in these forjms before them that something is happening and they have no idea about it lol

Except, if DVD has made the decision, barring any normal what ifs, guides should have been given the info.

The fact that Chang answered a question last week about it, sending that info to guides seems important. It is surprising it has not…and as I shared, so far, the three DVC people I’ve approached said they know nothing and have been given no updates.

Yet, they all confirmed CFW is happening…which should have the same “as of right now” stipulation. That is what seems odd, at least to me.

Except, if DVD has made the decision, barring any normal what ifs, guides should have been given the info.

The fact that Chang answered a question last week about it, sending that info to guides seems important. It is surprising it has not…and as I shared, so far, the three DVC people I’ve approached said they know nothing and have been given no updates.

Yet, they all confirmed CFW is happening…which should have the same “as of right now” stipulation. That is what seems odd, at least to me.
You make a really good point. I never thought how strange it is that they confirmed CFW but speak about Poly with more ambiguity.

Well, for what it's worth, they actually announced the Eagle Pines DVC in 2001 and it never got past that...

Very true. Just pointing out that it’s still not being promoted in the way the CFW are…at least not yesterday or today at Epcot, MK and DS.

But, again, they do seem to be all over the place.

I used to have that viewpoint; however, even as well as I have done, DVC is not a financial instrument. I tried for years to make that case.....

I can make the case that it saves my family money on hotel rooms, but in reality, it just makes us go on more vacations, and I'm expensive to take on vacation....

I will agree DVC is an excellent investment in your family.
This is the conclusion I came to with having a Magic Key. Paying > $1000 upfront made me want to go to Disneyland parks at least 10 times to “make my money back” — but each time we went there I ended up spending more than $100 per person on food, snacks, Genie+, often more than 2-3x that if we added hotel stay and nice dinners and souvenirs. I realized I was trying to “make it up on volume” but actually losing money each trip. 🤣

Anyway, since then we’ve bought hundreds of points at DVC and it is far cheaper than hotel cash rates— but it’s not a great financial investment because it leads to even more spending at Disney parks. Having said that, it’s an amazing investment in quality time with my kids. 💕

What does everyone think about buying the new poly but having the old poly expiration date - technically you are losing 8 years.
The difference between Poly and RIV is just 4 years though (Exp 2066 and 2070).

Well, for what it's worth, they actually announced the Eagle Pines DVC in 2001 and it never got past that...
If we are going down that road, when we all should already have been able to buy points at Reflections

Remember the resort the current plan was to build on the old River County

Sounds like you may need a new guide. :)

I hear what you're saying, but I guess I trust my guide more than I would resale agents or faceless names on the internet. Ultimately, I will wait until DVC puts something out in writing to settle the issue.

I was just sharing the official word from my guide, take it for what you will.
I never said anything about what you should believe or not. I agree with you, until there's an official announcement, whatever is discussed here, whatever the resale brokers mention and whatever the guides say should be taken with a grain of salt.

I just made a funny comment about the guides :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter