Poly Villas or BWV ??? Help!

caresy

Disneyaholic
Next year my husband and I are travelling without kids for a week to WDW. I use a wheelchair as I cannot walk far. My dream has always been to stay at the Polynesian but the price is out of reach. Now that I can rent DVC points it would be pushing it but my hubby says, if its your dream lets stay there.

We have stayed at BWV before and really enjoyed being so close to 2 of the parks as being in a wheelchair I hate using the bus system. I know at Poly we'll be able to use the monorail to get to MK and EP, so the 2 resorts equal out that way.

My big dilemma is the cost difference of $782 between the 2 resorts. My heart says go for Poly, but my head says that is pretty much our food budget for the week.

What are your thoughts???

Next year my husband and I are travelling without kids for a week to WDW. I use a wheelchair as I cannot walk far. My dream has always been to stay at the Polynesian but the price is out of reach. Now that I can rent DVC points it would be pushing it but my hubby says, if its your dream lets stay there.

We have stayed at BWV before and really enjoyed being so close to 2 of the parks as being in a wheelchair I hate using the bus system. I know at Poly we'll be able to use the monorail to get to MK and EP, so the 2 resorts equal out that way.

My big dilemma is the cost difference of $782 between the 2 resorts. My heart says go for Poly, but my head says that is pretty much our food budget for the week.

What are your thoughts???
Are you using the price of a BWV standard view studio as a basis for your comparison? If so, go back and recalculate your numbers based on the "preferred" view. There are only 52 standard view studios at BWV and they are in very high demand. Renting one may prove to be very difficult.

Are you using the price of a BWV standard view studio as a basis for your comparison? If so, go back and recalculate your numbers based on the "preferred" view. There are only 52 standard view studios at BWV and they are in very high demand. Renting one may prove to be very difficult.
Hi! No, I'm using Water View at Poly and Preferred at BWV. We like to sit out and have a view in the evenings, but thanks! Poly is $2601 and BWV $1819.

Hi! No, I'm using Water View at Poly and Preferred at BWV. We like to sit out and have a view in the evenings, but thanks! Poly is $2601 and BWV $1819.
In that case, I would skip the extra points for the lagoon view at Poly. The bungalows block the view of the lagoon on the first and second floors. For me, it's not worth the extra expense of lagoon view when you have a 2 out of 3 chance of looking at the backside of the bungalows.

Having said that, I would choose Poly over BWV since it's our dream to stay there.

I agree with marionnette - I've stayed at Poly a few times and always in a standard room - the views of the gardens are pleasant and usually much less expensive.

If you could get a garden view for closer to 2200.00 then I would do Poly over BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter