Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Not sure - when we were there a couple weeks ago, I wondered what it was currently being used for. I was hoping for a DVC community room! That would make the PVB nearly perfect!

Id love to see a DVC Community room! Some might be against the idea of it lol but i'd love to have another indoor space to hang out thats not the lobby or my room.

I can see them easily transforming the building without causing to much construction distraction or noise.

Id love to see a DVC Community room! Some might be against the idea of it lol but i'd love to have another indoor space to hang out thats not the lobby or my room.

I can see them easily transforming the building without causing to much construction distraction or noise.

I would love some sort of DVC community room. My guess is that probably isn't what they are doing with it though.

Good morning, all. What are the options for room selections when checking-in online? I'm wondering if I should send an email ahead of time or just wait until on-line check-in.

Good morning, all. What are the options for room selections when checking-in online? I'm wondering if I should send an email ahead of time or just wait until on-line check-in.

Generally upper or lower floor, close to elevators. That's about it. Poly is a simple resort.

Considering this as our home resort but not sure as to whether to buy resale or Disney direct. The main difference I can see with buying resale is saving a couple of thousand $$. What benefits could I possible lose by not buying with Disney?

Thanks.

Considering this as our home resort but not sure as to whether to buy resale or Disney direct. The main difference I can see with buying resale is saving a couple of thousand $$. What benefits could I possible lose by not buying with Disney?

Thanks.

You won't have access to the member benefits like discounted annual passes and moonlight magic. The best thing to do is buy a resale contract first with the best UY for your situation and then add on a 25 point direct contract which will make you a "Full" member.

Just remember, Poly only has studio units, no 1 or 2 bedroom units. The studios are some of the bigger ones and are very nice.

Thank you. We wouldn’t be buying the annual pass anyway as we get better deals on tickets here in the UK

The Moonlight Magic Events seem cool, we hope to go to the one at Animal Kingdom in April, but this events could end at anytime.

You won't have access to the member benefits like discounted annual passes and moonlight magic. The best thing to do is buy a resale contract first with the best UY for your situation and then add on a 25 point direct contract which will make you a "Full" member.

I'm interested in DVC but heard re-sale wasn't great because you lost benefits. What do you mean by UY and adding on a 25 point direct contract to a resale? Thanks!

I'm interested in DVC but heard re-sale wasn't great because you lost benefits. What do you mean by UY and adding on a 25 point direct contract to a resale? Thanks!

Resale is a great savings if planned right. First you should do a lot more research on DVC in general, you should know what UY "Use Year" means along with the banking window and how to borrow points. You will also want to know how many points you will need for which resort you want to stay at in the DVC season you normally stay.

After that the best way to save is by figuring out the total points you need, then subtracting 25 points (these you will buy direct), and then finding a resale contract with the remaining points you need as close as possible but slightly higher. You can never have enough points.

The DVC direct sale benefits are good, but not worth the extra $1000's you will spend on a direct purchase. Especially when you can just buy 25 points and have the same benefits.

Can anyone comment on the "connected studios" option, and what availability is like at 7 months?

Just returned from our first visit to Disney and stayed in a 1BR at OKW. considering buying at poly.

Does anyone know if I can use the main laundry as well as the specific DVC one? Thanks!

Can anyone comment on the "connected studios" option, and what availability is like at 7 months?

Just returned from our first visit to Disney and stayed in a 1BR at OKW. considering buying at poly.
Connecting rooms is not guaranteed but DVC has said that they will make it the highest priority when assigning rooms, especially if kids are involved.

To date, I’ve never heard of anybody being denied the request. And I think that’d be big news here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!