Pooh sized Universal visitor

scoopmorgan

DIS Veteran
I am a curvy woman- 5'10" and a size 22. I know I can fit on all the Disney rides, but I know Universal has a different policy. I do realize there are testers outside each ride, but I am hoping people can warn me which rides run small. I do not want to get all excited about a ride, only to discover I cannot ride. I've heard the HP rides all run small. Is that true? Any others you've had problems on, or have seen problems on. It is so embarrassing to be turned away at the ride. Any advise welcome.

I think you are going to be just fine. Your are tall enough that your weight should be distributed well enough to make the rides a none issue for you. Forbidden Journey and Hulk are a bit snug. Those two stick out in my mind. Try the test seats. I think you will be ok.

Don't worry and have a great time and enjoy yourself at Universal pixiedust:

The advice about trying the test seats is solid. People use the test seats as a photo op, so there's no need to feel self conscious about using them.

A few rides will better seat large or tall peeps

Mummy last row is one of the rides you will have no issues with

TM who directs peeps to the rows can help you if you need more space or very tall

It also depends on proportion. I carry most of my weight in my lower body so when I was bigger RRR was snug on my thighs. Honestly that was the ride that motivated my weight lose - 50 pounds. That's how much I love coasters.

I just got back yesterday. I can fit/ride in every ride but for Forbidden Journey. I'm size 22 but also have a very large bust, which is where my issues with fitting come in. I tried the test seat yesterday and got the TM out there to check and he confirmed no. I probably need to try to get a sports bra that smooshes things down and try to ride ;)

Didn't have any problems at Hulk but for the clueless TM that didn't send me to a modified row the last time we rode it. I tried to get him to ask and he wouldn't stop long enough to respond so we had to disembark/reboard. TM should have never sent me to a regular row and that annoyed me.

I can fit (with a little bit of a nudge) on all the rides and I'm a little bigger than you. A lot of times they will direct you to modified seating, or tell you where to sit, but sometimes they will not notice, or not say anything, so to make sure your comfortable, just automatically ask for modified seating just in case. Also, depending on your chest, you should be able to make it. I have a decent sized chest, but not nearly as big as some Pooh sized girls so that helps that I can make it on certain rides.

When you say you are directed to a modified row, does that mean you aren't riding with your family? Or do they direct your entire party?

Thanks! I don't *think* I will have a problem but I am short and chesty so I am trying to be prepared. First trip jitters!

I am now dreading this trip. :scared:

Don't dread. I'm fat; there are several rides I can't get on and others where it's a close call. I won't lie, that part of it sucks, and it adds a layer of tension to a vacation that smaller people just don't have to deal with. But I still had a fine time. Overall, there is a lot to see and do at the parks that has nothing to do with size.

Overall, there is a lot to see and do at the parks that has nothing to do with size.

Absolutely.

Dh still can't ride the big things he wants to ride (and even once he drops to the size he was when we met his sumo legs still likely won't allow him to ride Mummy or Diagon) but he loves going there.

Just went there on Thursday and their seats made me feel awful! I'm a size 16 and have never had issues at any theme park. Six flags, Hersey, and disney. I had an issue on dragon challenge, rrr, and forbidden journey. I was able to ride them all but I felt awful. It was so tight! Especially RRR! I could barely breathe! I will probably never return to a universal park. Sad to say. I have never felt so insecure! It has inspired me to start to lose weight so I guess one great thing came out of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!