Pooh sized Universal visitor

I just got back yesterday. I can fit/ride in every ride but for Forbidden Journey. I'm size 22 but also have a very large bust, which is where my issues with fitting come in. I tried the test seat yesterday and got the TM out there to check and he confirmed no. I probably need to try to get a sports bra that smooshes things down and try to ride ;)

Didn't have any problems at Hulk but for the clueless TM that didn't send me to a modified row the last time we rode it. I tried to get him to ask and he wouldn't stop long enough to respond so we had to disembark/reboard. TM should have never sent me to a regular row and that annoyed me.

Are the Forbidden Journey seats the same at California and Orlando?

I'm also size 22, height 5'11 wearing DD cups and about 245 lbs. This past February I was at Universal Hollywood and was able to ride FJ. I went in terrified and loved it! (I don't like roller coasters and wasn't sure what to expect but my 13-year-son was with me.) I heard I might not fit but I could!

Since I could fit in FJ there, it never occured to me I might not in Orlando. I'm hoping to get to Universal April 2018.

The seats are the same in CA and Orlando, unless they've changed something since I was last at USO in 2016.

Johde posted a pic of himself next to Shrek in one of his threads about size, will i fit...

check it out as if he can fit a ride, many can also.

he is a very tall man.

we have had past threads of size and fitting on rides over the years.
some of them are still valid to help others in concern if they can do a ride.

do a read on the present thread "Will I fit on the HP rides" for more posts that can help you.

I am happy to post an update. I am still 5'11" of course but still at the 18/20 size but clothes are getting looser. Can wear some XL's. Waist is at 43" still going down. Still praying

Last edited:
Hey, I am 5' 10 and 2xl in USA sizing (though close to being xl) and today I rode the mummy and FJ no worries! I did ask for the outside seat on FJ, and had plenty of room on that. I made sure I wore my flattest chest bra, lol, as I am an E cup. But yay, I fit! Good luck!

Hey, I am 5' 10 and 2xl in USA sizing (though close to being xl) and today I rode the mummy and FJ no worries! I did ask for the outside seat on FJ, and had plenty of room on that. I made sure I wore my flattest chest bra, lol, as I am an E cup. But yay, I fit! Good luck!

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm glad you had fun. Those are great rides.

Just thought I would add info to this thread since I used it before our trip! We just got back and I rode both FJ and Gringotts and didn't have any problems. I rode each ride twice and the second time I rode Gringotts the guy had to give the lap bar an extra shove but I could breathe lol Gringotts was tighter for me than FJ. I am 5'6" and about 260 pounds. I typically wear size 18/20, and wear a 42 DD bra. I wore an Enell sports bra that is hard core no bounce, so it flattened my chest a bit. My legs are more average size so I carry most of my weight in my torso. I saw two pooh sized people who couldn't fit in Gringotts and had to get off the ride I did try the test seats out front of FJ (when my inlaws went on the ride first and I held onto everyone's bags) the employees were really nice and said I was good to go and they recommended I use an outer seat, which I did both times.

Just thought I would add info to this thread since I used it before our trip! We just got back and I rode both FJ and Gringotts and didn't have any problems. I rode each ride twice and the second time I rode Gringotts the guy had to give the lap bar an extra shove but I could breathe lol Gringotts was tighter for me than FJ. I am 5'6" and about 260 pounds. I typically wear size 18/20, and wear a 42 DD bra. I wore an Enell sports bra that is hard core no bounce, so it flattened my chest a bit. My legs are more average size so I carry most of my weight in my torso. I saw two pooh sized people who couldn't fit in Gringotts and had to get off the ride I did try the test seats out front of FJ (when my inlaws went on the ride first and I held onto everyone's bags) the employees were really nice and said I was good to go and they recommended I use an outer seat, which I did both times.

Glad to hear you got to ride..........happy for you!!!

I have all of above. I find RRR quite forgiving unlike other rides.

Just didn't want people thinking RRR is the smallest "seat"

It must REALLY depend on body shape more than size. I found that RRR was the ONLY ride I felt uncomfortable on both physically and mentally. Physically I could barely get air it was so tight in that seat, and mentally because my harness was sticking up in the air like a "fat girl flag". Heyyyyy look at me, I barely fit!! It was a bad experience and I only rode it once. I didn't have any other issues with any other ride except maybe Hulk. Same issues as RRR just not nearly as bad. Everything else I was totally comfortable in the modified seats.

I am 5'6" and 2x-3x. I am fairly well proportioned, 44C bra, size 22 jeans/ pants, slightly larger in the belly. Just for other peoples reference.

It must REALLY depend on body shape more than size. I found that RRR was the ONLY ride I felt uncomfortable on both physically and mentally. Physically I could barely get air it was so tight in that seat, and mentally because my harness was sticking up in the air like a "fat girl flag". Heyyyyy look at me, I barely fit!! It was a bad experience and I only rode it once. I didn't have any other issues with any other ride except maybe Hulk. Same issues as RRR just not nearly as bad. Everything else I was totally comfortable in the modified seats.

I am 5'6" and 2x-3x. I am fairly well proportioned, 44C bra, size 22 jeans/ pants, slightly larger in the belly. Just for other peoples reference.

Of course it’s different for everyone. The space between you and the harness will vary dramatically depending on our size........

I was answering the actual seat size which as a large lass I find it to be quite ample compared to other rides.

As for the harness sticking up, I don’t think anyone really notices......people are more interested in themselves......and if they do see.......so what......it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks in cases like this.

Glad you had good experiences elsewhere though......

The test seats they have out front are not the modified seats are they?
I always sit in the outside seat at fj and never had a problem. One time right before I was to get on the fj the cm asked me to sit in the test seat that is inside near the ride. I couldn’t get the harness to click. He said he was only allowed to help with two fingers so he wasn’t really helping. He told me I couldn’t ride. I told him I had already ridden yesterday with no problems in the outside seat but he didn’t care. I went into the child swap room with my little girls and let my husband ride. When my husband was done I swapped and rode with no problems in the outside seat.
I didn’t even try any of the other roller coaster after that. I did try the gringotts test seat and it seemed very close so I’d din’t chance it.

So does anyone know if the test seat are the modified ones? Do I stand a chance on the modified ones? Is there a list of where the modified seats are. I know forbidden journey is the outside seats but I don’t know the others. I did read the thread but was not clear of where the other seats are since I have not ridden them or seen the loading platform. Is it the last row on both mummy and Gringotts. Thanks

I'm not sure if the test seats are modified.

Gringotts and Mummy modified are the last row. I don't remember which rows for Hulk. What I do: When we get to the TM assigning rows, I just ask for modified, and they tell us where to go.

Hi all! I appreciate all this info. My boyfriend and I are going for the first time next month. He is 6'4" and over 300 pounds - weight is pretty evenly distributed. He doesn't do roller coasters, so no Hulk or RRR, and I'm already expecting he won't get on FJ, but can anyone give me a list of other things that might not work? I don't want to plan our day only to have him not get onto any rides.

Thanks so much!

Mummy and Gringotts ask for last row (theres more leg room there). Forbidden Journey ask for outside seat (more shoulder and torso room). Use the test seats outside the rides with size restrictions.

I wanted to post because I was really nervous about my trip and not fitting on the rides. I'm about a size 24 (UK) top and bottom, pretty evenly distributed. I fit on the forbidden journey ride with no problem, sat in the outer seat. The gringotts ride: I tried the test seat and got a red light, because of the way the restraint works I couldn't get the leverage to push it and I was a solo rider so had no-one to help. I thought it was worth the risk! So went down the queue fully expecting to do the walk of shame, but with a bit of help from the attendant there who pushed the restraint for me, I fit :) ..just. Hope this helps someone.

Interestingly, since the Hulk reconstruction, all rows on the coaster have a "modified seat". Remember though: modified in this case mean that the seat is the same physical dimensions and the shoulder bar is the same shape and size. What is modified is the presence of a double pair of seatbelts that go around the bump in front of the restraint and give 1-2 inch more space for the restraint.

We just got back from Universal/ Disney and I had zero issues fitting on any of the rides. When there 5 years ago, I did the 'test seat' check and needed the modified rows or seats on each ride but this time, I never got directed to modified seats (even when I asked if I should be in one). I'm 5'3" and about 220 lbs with a large bust. Rode Hulk, FJ, Gringotts, The Mummy, and a zillion other things. :) Wore just my normal boulder holder too, so no pre-squishing on that front.

Hi All,

I'm 6'0 350lbs. I'm like an upside-down cone since I'm a 42-44 pant size but 2XB or 3XL shirt.
Do I have any chance of being able to ride anything on Islands of Adventure?
I'm going with my GF in New Years and she's thin. I don't want to embarrass her when they kick me off the rides.

Thank you

Hi All,

I'm 6'0 350lbs. I'm like an upside-down cone since I'm a 42-44 pant size but 2XB or 3XL shirt.
Do I have any chance of being able to ride anything on Islands of Adventure?
I'm going with my GF in New Years and she's thin. I don't want to embarrass her when they kick me off the rides.

Thank you

It is possible you could fit.
If you could drop ten lbs before your trip it might help to fit in the rides.
About 340 is the highest I have read from other posters that were able to do most of the rides.

A regular poster johde wrote this in one of his posts about size and fitting on rides:

I've uploaded these pictures before. On my last trip January 2015, I fit on everything. I'm 6'4" and was about 310. And as you can see from the first picture I'm proportionally big everywhere. On Forbidden Journey, it was a real struggle and a couple of time I didn't get situated in time and had to take the walk of same and try again. I eventually had a nice TM who spent some time and we figured out how to get it to lock quickly. The FJ pick show the maximum safe riding position. ROTM and Gringotts I sat in the back row most of the time. But I did fit in row 3 one evening when the ride was a walk on and they had me sit there.

Do a search on his name in the upper right hand corner of the page and you will see pictures of him and his posts of where he fit and where he had issues.

Some people have issues for rides and others don't for different reasons.

I tried twice in October to ride Gringotts and did not fit in row 6, which is the modified row and row 1
It wasn't height or weight issues but leg
I could not bend the leg in
order to have the bar across the row to be down.

Tried two rows and gave up but will try again on my next trip
I was five months and one week out from TKR and had no flexibility to bend the leg for sitting in the ride.

Wish you the best that you can do the rides all you want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts