Pool and beach advice and tips

DVC Doctor

Member since 2001
DVC Gold
In the morning there are large lines for towels and armbands at the lazy river location as everyone seems to go there and one time the line was over 30 minutes.

There are three locations for towels (one near coral reef) but the best one was near the grotto and they never had lines

Also, you can enjoy the pools and beaches without a mask, but once you need a towel (assume you are soaking wet) you need a mask to get a towel.

The beach lounge chairs to the left were the most quiet and we loved the chairs next to the spa as that was super quiet.

Food and drink ordering was slow, but not too bad. Several people walk over to the grocery store and brought food and drinks as that was much cheaper option.

Also the adult pool seems to be kids allowed now. Only the double hot tub overlooking the ocean is adult only and often parents would take their teens in for pics.

Last edited:
Secret tip: sometimes at the very end of the night you can get your wristband for the next day. Then you don’t stand in line the next morning.
Main thing to remember about masks, if it involves interacting with local employees (bar, server, towel attendant) put on your mask. They enforce it for good reason.
Otherwise they are pretty lax.

Secret tip: sometimes at the very end of the night you can get your wristband for the next day. Then you don’t stand in line the next morning.
Main thing to remember about masks, if it involves interacting with local employees (bar, server, towel attendant) put on your mask. They enforce it for good reason.
Otherwise they are pretty lax.
What is the good reason they enforce outdoor mask mandates? Is that science-based? I’m in Hawaii now (Kauai) and it’s sad to see all the locals wearing masks while serving tourists outdoors. The locals pull their masks down and breathe fresh air as often as they can.

What is the good reason they enforce outdoor mask mandates? Is that science-based? I’m in Hawaii now (Kauai) and it’s sad to see all the locals wearing masks while serving tourists outdoors. The locals pull their masks down and breathe fresh air as often as they can.
i think it’s difficult to have hard data at this point because the variants are relatively new and have thrown a curve for everyone and are much easier to catch than the original. Because it is droplet based, and because it has been shown effective in many circumstances, I think that they are putting 2 and 2 together and figuring that it makes good sense mechanically to reduce droplet movement no matter whether you are inside or outside. Maybe when we’re further out from this they will know more, and who knows disapprove the masking, but right now just trying to contain this thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter