Pool toys allowed? Yes? No?

allaboutthemouse

DIS Veteran
Are pool toys allowed in Fort pools? My kids like to play with snorkels, goggles, water guns... Authorized? :confused3 Just checking before we lug it all down.

The only thing that we were told isn't allowed are fins. Hard fins like the mermaid tails or snorkeling fins. You are allowed to have soft mermaid tails (made of swimsuit material).

pool toys allowed in Fort pools? My kids like to play with snorkels, goggles, water guns... Authorized?

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) Maybe.
4) If the "toy" could obstruct a lifeguard's view, the answer is a definite NO.
5) Everything else is up to the guard's discretion on THAT DAY.
6) This applies at ALL pools within WDW.

At the guard's discretion is right. At the FW pool one day, anything hard plastic wasn't allowed, including goggles. My kids were tossing a small foam football but because there was a small piece of hard plastic on it, it wasn't allowed.

Goggles has always been allowed in the pool when we have been. They even sell them at the Meadows. I don't see them selling something 100 yards away in the pool section that can't be used in the pool.

Sure hope things haven't changed for the goggles. Then again, save me about $20. Somehow we always end up having to by a new pair while there. Even when we bring or own.

I don't see them selling something 100 yards away in the pool section that can't be used in the pool.

1) SAFETY IS FIRST.
2) Disney, nor it's managers, nor its other staff will EVER go against the discretion of a lifeguard.
3) The guards are there to protect, and if they think something is unsafe or would hinder their ability, the guard's decision goes unchallenged.
4) I have no problem with this policy.

Like I said above, they have always allowed goggles in the pools when we have been there. Multiple trips, multiple pool visits! Unless some policy has changed, I believe you are allowed to have goggles in the pools. Furthermore, if their policy HAS changed and they no longer allow them in the pool, then they certainly should NOT sell them at the Meadows. IF I were to purchase said goggles from the Meadows and then take my kids swimming and then be told they can't have said goggles. You better believe this mamma is getting 100% refund on them. The only reason I could possibly see the lifeguards having a problem with goggles is perhaps when going down the slide.

I never said anything about

(1) Safetly not being first.
(2) Anything about managers going against lifeguards.
(3) Myself or family challenging lifeguards.

I simply believe that one of the above posters that said no goggles may possibly be mistaken. Or it is possible that maybe the lifeguard stated no goggles while going down the slide. Or maybe a child did not properly have goggles on face and instead was swimming with them perhaps tangled around their foot. So many variables could be at play here. I don't think IF worn correctly, their would be a problem. Who knows, policies change everyday!

My main issue with the entire thing was for the Meadows to continue to sell said item IF NOT ALLOWED!

It's the same thing as selling fireworks.....but hey kids I'll sell them to you, but you can't set them off here. Makes no sense!

1) SAFETY IS FIRST.
2) Disney, nor it's managers, nor its other staff will EVER go against the discretion of a lifeguard.
3) The guards are there to protect, and if they think something is unsafe or would hinder their ability, the guard's decision goes unchallenged.
4) I have no problem with this policy.

Tell that to Pennsylvania. :P

This made me laugh harder than it should have. We’re right on the ny/pa border and talk about that silly law all of the time. We’re on the NY side though, so we can buy them... just can’t set them off. o_O

This made me laugh harder than it should have. We’re right on the ny/pa border and talk about that silly law all of the time. We’re on the NY side though, so we can buy them... just can’t set them off. o_O
I live in Buffalo, and I swear it feels like I get a mailer every day from April-July 4th trying to get me to buy fireworks that I probably can't set off any closer than 500 miles from my house!

Goggles are allowed in pools, but not on the slides. Snorkels are not allowed. Squirt guns are allowed on the pool deck but not in the water itself. Absolutely no fins or mermaid tails of any kind regardless of the material they’re made of are allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!