Poor Disneyland Cast Members

mlggator22

Mouseketeer
Poor Disneyland cast members. In years past, instead of the big party they used to do, they had the DCA Family Holiday Celebration tickets, and cast members got a free park hopper ticket for the parks.
This year, they are not doing a free park admission, but are giving Disneyland cast members free entrance to water parks and/or mini Golf IN FLORIDA! And it expires in February.

UPDATE: Okay, the cast members are hoping this isn't all they offering and that more will be revealed. Right now a bunch are upset though.

Last edited:
Poor Disneyland cast members. In years past, instead of the big party they used to do, they had the DCA Family Holiday Celebration tickets, and cast members got a free park hopper ticket for the parks.
This year, they are not doing a free park admission, but are giving Disneyland cast members free entrance to water parks and/or mini Golf IN FLORIDA! And it expires in February.

What a joke. That is not a way to appreciate cast members. My daughter is a cast member and says that everyone is really upset over it.
I agree this is no way to treat cast members. If they aren't happy, the guests can pick up on that. And CMs and guests interact more than anyone else in the organization.

I could say something about management skimping on park spending so as to allocate funds elsewhere, but if I do I'll get called names. So I just won't say anything.

If you ever have seen the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation in your life you might remember the scene when Clark Griswold is about to get his holiday bonus but when he finally gets it Clark finally discovers that it's not really a bonus after all but turns out to be a membership in a jelly club. This movie's scene brings to mind what Disneyland is now doing for the cast members this year and why they chose to do this is a question that will never get an answer to. Because it used to be that companies would have office Christmas parties and during office Christmas parties the boss would always give workers holiday bonuses as a token for doing great jobs and every summer and fall companies would always have company picnics and Halloween parties and Thanksgiving potlucks and the boss would would always tell workers to bring their family to these events so everyone could have a great time. But in Disneyland's case I think Disneyland is planning to give cast members a special honor and they are planning to give some of the longtime cast members this special honor "Though I cannot tell you what this special honor is yet but to me it might be a gold pin" and the newer cast members will get the free water park admission/mini-golf passes along with a special holiday bonus. But I do think that Disneyland should offer free admission passes for cast members families and have a cast members and family only holiday party and only cast members and their families could attend this special holiday party and it would work well for Disneyland to do for it's cast members. I know about free Disneyland passes for cast members families because my mom actually had an uncle who lived in Anaheim and my mom's uncle was a Disneyland cast member who was one of the executives of Disneyland and he would always give his kids free passes to visit Disneyland whenever his kids wanted to go and according to what my mom told me her uncle was happy working for Disneyland until he retired then passed away. But taking holiday parties and holiday bonuses away from cast members is simply the wrong thing to do and Disneyland should do something nice for cast members next year

I wonder if WDW castmembers get anything more than a few coupons for free popcorn box .

I realize that Disney is up to its mouse ears in expenses, but how much does it really cost them to give CMs a hopper? It seems stupid to me to mistreat the golden goose that is currently supporting the entire enterprise.

Disneyland should really think of giving cast members a very special surprise when they get their holiday bonuses like ShopDisney gift cards or mall gift cards or even a restaurant gift card or even a voucher for cast members to take their kids Santa photos at Dsneyland. But this thing with giving cast members water park/mini-golf tickets in Florida is as I said before in my original post is really weird. When my mom was little my grandfather's company would always give their workers holiday bonuses and every Thanksgiving they would even give my grandfather free turkeys and every Christmas my grandfather's company would give my grandfather a Christmas bonus and presents for my mom and my uncle and aunts when they were little and it was all because my grandfather's boss was a good boss and my grandmother and grandfather were good friends. But I think Disneyland should not have done this because it all sounds like to me that Disneyland is more interested in saving money and coming up with ideas to hire and train new cast members rather than giving the cast members a holiday bonus. Because as I mentioned in my post it reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Clark discovers his membership in the Jelly Of The Month Club

I wonder if WDW castmembers get anything more than a few coupons for free popcorn box .
WDW and DLR CM’s both got:

• Dining Discount Certificates (30%, 40% and 50% off certificates)
  • Complimentary Snack Coupons
  • Theme Park Merchandise Discounts
    • 40% off at select Disney Theme Parks owned-and-operated retail locations
    • 40% off on ShopDisney/Disney Stores
    • 20% off at Company D (Disneyland Resort) and Cast Connection (Walt Disney World Resort)
  • Resort Holiday Room Rates | Special rates at Disneyland Resorts and Walt Disney World Resorts
  • Golf Green Fee Discounts at Walt Disney World Resort
  • Complimentary Water Park tickets for Cast Member and up to the number of dependents
  • Complimentary round of mini-golf
All that’s in addition to their main gate passes and occasional comp tickets.

WDW and DLR CM’s both got:

• Dining Discount Certificates (30%, 40% and 50% off certificates)
  • Complimentary Snack Coupons
  • Theme Park Merchandise Discounts
    • 40% off at select Disney Theme Parks owned-and-operated retail locations
    • 40% off on ShopDisney/Disney Stores
    • 20% off at Company D (Disneyland Resort) and Cast Connection (Walt Disney World Resort)
  • Resort Holiday Room Rates | Special rates at Disneyland Resorts and Walt Disney World Resorts
  • Golf Green Fee Discounts at Walt Disney World Resort
  • Complimentary Water Park tickets for Cast Member and up to the number of dependents
  • Complimentary round of mini-golf
All that’s in addition to their main gate passes and occasional comp tickets.
That's all really cool, but a lot of CMs aren't going to be able to use percent-off coupons, even at such a good discount. The gate passes and comp tickets are great, but those aren't holiday gifts, they're perks for being a CM. Still, it's more than a lot of people in the working world get. I guess in tough times, it's better to lose a bonus gift than your job!

Is definitely less than last year (50% off at retail) and the tickets for use at the water parks in Florida is disappointing for people working in California. They needed to have something in California for Disneyland employees. As I said, last year they got the park tickets. I just feel like the Disneyland employees got a little left out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter