Pop Century Pool updates

BOTL76

Mouseketeer
Going to be staying at Pop Century at the end of April.
I can't remember what website I saw it on but thought I read a few weeks back that one of the Pools at Pop Century will be closed for refurbishment during our time at Pop. Can anyone help me where I can find these types of updates?

Thanks!

Found this on the wdwinfo.com site

Disney's Pop Century Resort - Room Refurbishments 2/4/2017- Summer 2018, Walt Disney World has embarked on creating a new transportation system, Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird's-eye view of Walt Disney World Resort while traveling via gondolas. During this time construction noise may be seen or heard throughout the resort, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9am. Bowling Pool closed late Feburary- May 2018.

The bowling pin pool will be going through some maintenance before we arrive. I've had a email to let us know of the disruption (late Feb - May). Hopefully for those of us with late April/early May trips they will finish up ahead of schedule.

Personally, I plan on requesting a refurbished room which is over on the other side of the resort so hopefully we won't be affected.

I'm hoping to be in 80's or 90's this coming trip (late April) so hopefully I won't notice.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Curious to know how to identify what areas of Pop Century have the refurbished rooms or not? Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your responses. Curious to know how to identify what areas of Pop Century have the refurbished rooms or not? Thanks!

Yup, that's a great reference. Essential 70s/80s/90s are complete, 60s in progress right now. I got an email about the bowling pin pool refurb as well - we will be there mid April. If you haven't received an email then it may be open by the time you visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!