Pop Century Room Renovations

I checked in today and a few things I will share. The offer to forego room cleaning and receive $15 per night ends today. Not sure if it will be offered in the future but the cm said it's over today.
Also, I was able to purcase a case of water, small bottles of Dasani, at the food court for $6.99.

Thanks for the info, Tinkerone! I was hoping to capitalize on that gift card offer, but at least now I know not to count on it.

We do our online check-in in just a few days... (like so many) will be requesting a refurbed room. Has anyone had issues with getting a refurbed room without a bathtub? I've heard they have both bathtubs and shower-only rooms. We'll be traveling with our toddler so, of course, a tub is a necessity.

Then, really, you need to request a room with a tub, refurbished. Or 80s/90s with a tub.

A refurbished room will be disappointing, but will not ruin your vacation like not having a tub will.

Or skip the refurbished request entirely.

I am 100% bummed about the gift card promo for skipping mousekeeping is over! I check in in 16 days. I'm also debating what to request. I have a standard pool view reservation.

I tried reading through all of the pages but couldn't find an answer...what is the timeline for the refurbs, as in the order of buildings to be completed? Mulling over Pop for a late February trip. I've stayed in the past and liked, and I was thinking of trying a new resort, but the refurbs look neat...

Last edited:
I tried reading through all of the pages but couldn't find an answer...what is the timeline for the refurbs, as in the order of buildings to be completed? Mulling over Pop for a late February trip. I've stayed in the past and liked, and I was thinking of trying a new resort, but the refurbs look neat...

Disney has not published the order that they will be refurbishing the rooms. So far they appear to be working clockwise as they've done the 90s and 80s (some still in progress in the 80's) and I believe may have started one building of the 70s too.

Checked in yesterday, got the room location I requested, building 8, 4th floor. I sent my own fax, and called to add request to reservation. Love the renovated room ! :love: Walked by building 7, several rooms on ground floor do not have beds, while others look ready to go (bedding in place). I've read earlier posts that some rooms may have needed more extensive work, that definitely seems to be the case given what I saw last night. I'll try to get some pics. :tiptoe:

The gift card offer is over at Pop. I asked at check in, the Cast Member said the offer ended at Pop Sat 19th, that it was just a test at Pop. Disney is testing it at multiple resorts at different times so it could still be on at other resorts (we are doing a split stay so I asked about other resorts). CM said it was really popular and she thought, given the popularity, it was something that Disney would likely bring back at some point. Just speculation though. But for sure the offer is no longer available at Pop.

I checked in today and a few things I will share. The offer to forego room cleaning and receive $15 per night ends today. Not sure if it will be offered in the future but the cm said it's over today.
Also, I was able to purcase a case of water, small bottles of Dasani, at the food court for $6.99.

The 8 oz bottles?

The gift card offer is over at Pop. I asked at check in, the Cast Member said the offer ended at Pop Sat 19th, that it was just a test at Pop. Disney is testing it at multiple resorts at different times so it could still be on at other resorts (we are doing a split stay so I asked about other resorts). CM said it was really popular and she thought, given the popularity, it was something that Disney would likely bring back at some point. Just speculation though. But for sure the offer is no longer available at Pop.

Dang it!!! I was SO hoping for that promotion. Maybe it'll be back in 15 days!

When we returned from the parks yesterday our room was cleaned but our sons was not. I called guest services and asked what had happened. They told me that we had signed up for the no clean deal on the 18th at 5:43 p.m. Which would have been a trick as we were still in Canada at that time. She blamed the misshap on a computer glitch and offered to send down fresh towels. I told her not to worry about it but please make sure the room was done the next day and going forward. I asked her, since we didn't get cleaned for the day, would we get the gift card for one day cleaning and she told me that while we were eligible for it since our days were in the offer, she was just going to apply a credit of $40 to the room. That was great customer service.

I'm back from the parks now and find that ds room is cleaned but ours is not. It might just be a bit early to worry, I'll give it an hour or so.

As to the rooms, we did not get a renovated room and I really didn't care but I now look around and notice how worn the rooms are. This one is not very clean either. There is someone's hair on the bath wall tile, found a bobby pin on the floor by the sink and one of the bath towels had a long hair on it, looks like it was just folded and hung back up. It's a really good thing I'm not to fussy and don't mind wiping things down myself.

Checked in yesterday, got the room location I requested, building 8, 4th floor. I sent my own fax, and called to add request to reservation. Love the renovated room ! :love: Walked by building 7, several rooms on ground floor do not have beds, while others look ready to go (bedding in place). I've read earlier posts that some rooms may have needed more extensive work, that definitely seems to be the case given what I saw last night. I'll try to get some pics. :tiptoe:

How many days prior to arrival did you send your fax? And may I ask what you said in your fax request? I am hoping for a 4th floor renovated room!! I've already added my request for a 4th floor renovated room to my reservation but I'd like to fax my request too...this will be my first time sending in a fax.

Thanks!

How many days prior to arrival did you send your fax? And may I ask what you said in your fax request? I am hoping for a 4th floor renovated room!! I've already added my request for a 4th floor renovated room to my reservation but I'd like to fax my request too...this will be my first time sending in a fax.

Thanks!

It's recommended you send it approx 5 days before arrival and keep it as simple as possible. If a renovated room is your first request ensure you indicate this.

It's recommended you send it approx 5 days before arrival and keep it as simple as possible. If a renovated room is your first request ensure you indicate this.

Do I send the fax to the number on the first page of this thread or is there a different number for room requests? Also I have seen some say that they sent it through touring plans. Do you think that would be better? Should I do both?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!