Pop Century Room Renovations

Just POPping in - hoping news of current schedule comes out soon - the initial rumor of 8/24 for building 7 doesn't seem as likely given they had so much extra work - just wish we had more solid info on building 10 - and then hoping building 6 follows suit shortly after.

I am at that inbetween stage where FP aren't for another 6 weeks and friends are in Disneyland so I am eagerly awaiting any disney news :rolleyes1

Just POPping in - hoping news of current schedule comes out soon - the initial rumor of 8/24 for building 7 doesn't seem as likely given they had so much extra work - just wish we had more solid info on building 10 - and then hoping building 6 follows suit shortly after.

I am at that inbetween stage where FP aren't for another 6 weeks and friends are in Disneyland so I am eagerly awaiting any disney news :rolleyes1
MEEE TOO! I have preferred booked for mid December so I am eager to hear more updates... things have been really quiet on that front lately. =(

MEEE TOO! I have preferred booked for mid December so I am eager to hear more updates... things have been really quiet on that front lately. =(
Same! Preferred booked for late October and hoping they are done with 70s (which I requested) and have moved onto 60s buildings! :rolleyes1

I guess I'll be wishing on pixie dust as we will be checking in the first week of October, and have a preferred room booked (all that's available). We really want a renovated room (as does most people), and all I keep reading is that the preferred room buildings haven't even been touched. :( We only have the 50s, 60s, and 70s buildings as options for online check-in.

I guess I'll be wishing on pixie dust as we will be checking in the first week of October, and have a preferred room booked (all that's available). We really want a renovated room (as does most people), and all I keep reading is that the preferred room buildings haven't even been touched. :( We only have the 50s, 60s, and 70s buildings as options for online check-in.
Don't give up hope, they have already started on the 70's so that gives a whole new five weeks to get one or two buildings done. Its a possibility.

We check in Saturday!!!! Have a standard pool view booked. Requested 80's as my only online check in request and TA put in a request of a refurb room so hope we will get one. If not no big deal we prefer the 50's section so all will be good.

While most of the preferred rooms in building 10 have not yet been touched, rooms 37-48 on all four floors are currently being refurbished. I believe they are preferred, so there is some hope. :)

I have a preferred room booked at Pop Century and am checking-in on January 22nd. I want to stay in the 70s section, so I am hoping that buildings 10 and 6 will be completed and open by then.

I have a preferred room booked at Pop Century and am checking-in on January 22nd. I want to stay in the 70s section, so I am hoping that buildings 10 and 6 will be completed and open by then.
I'm hoping at least building 10 will be completed by Thanksgiving. We have standard room booked them.

I'm thinking about preferred for spring break, but unless it's a first floor room, I'm not sure preferred makes much difference. Everyone uses the same elevator, and the hallways are equally long on each side. I'm not sure I want first floor. Our only experience there was in a preferred pool view room, and it was the worst room we've ever had noise-wise. I wonder if other first floor rooms get a lot of noise? I'd think the only advantage to having a preferred room would be requesting/ getting a first floor room. I'm really undecided! Curious on anyone's thoughts on this.

I'm hoping at least building 10 will be completed by Thanksgiving. We have standard room booked them.

I'm thinking about preferred for spring break, but unless it's a first floor room, I'm not sure preferred makes much difference. Everyone uses the same elevator, and the hallways are equally long on each side. I'm not sure I want first floor. Our only experience there was in a preferred pool view room, and it was the worst room we've ever had noise-wise. I wonder if other first floor rooms get a lot of noise? I'd think the only advantage to having a preferred room would be requesting/ getting a first floor room. I'm really undecided! Curious on anyone's thoughts on this.

We had a preferred room at Pop in May and our only request was a king bed, which we got. We were on the second floor of the 50s building 3, room 3267 (I think). It was quiet - no pool noise for sure, and I don't remember any other noise. We used the stairs always going down and most of the time going up, since it was a farther walk down to the elevator and then around to our room. So it was very close to Classic Hall, reasonably close to the bus stop, and of course very convenient to the bowling pin pool or the Hippy Dippy Pool for that matter (we didn't swim in that one). We liked the location and might book preferred in the future because of it.

I'm about 2 weeks behind you (check in Feb 3), have a Preferred room booked, and want '70s - so I am hoping right along with you! Barring problems/delays, I think we're ok. I would expect both 70s bldgs to be open by early/mid December, but we'll have to see. Fingers crossed!

I had a ground floor room in bldg 10 this year and had no noise problems. There is no pool in the 70s, which may help. The main reason I book Preferred is because I think that might keep me from getting put in the middle of a big tour group - I'm probably totally wrong, but I've gotten the impression from somewhere that the groups don't tend to get put in Preferred (the higher priced rooms).

Oh, and I think 10 will be open by early Nov - again barring problems/delays.

Next Friday I will fax in my room request. Can't wait. just 8 more working days. The other few don't count. They are days off so they will fly.

Days off always do

While most of the preferred rooms in building 10 have not yet been touched, rooms 37-48 on all four floors are currently being refurbished. I believe they are preferred, so there is some hope. :)

I am so excited to read this:dancer:. Since the only choices for online check for the first week of October in a preferred room were 50's, 60's, 70's upper floor, near stairs (no refurbished room) I have been so bummed thinking that a refurbished room would take a miracle. I also would have switched to standard to get one but there are none available. hearing that there may be a handful gives me at least a little hope party:

I am so excited to read this:dancer:. Since the only choices for online check for the first week of October in a preferred room were 50's, 60's, 70's upper floor, near stairs (no refurbished room) I have been so bummed thinking that a refurbished room would take a miracle. I also would have switched to standard to get one but there are none available. hearing that there may be a handful gives me at least a little hope party:

What I'm wondering is, do they wait for the whole building to be refurbished before allowing people in it? That doesn't really make sense since there are people in building 10 right now in non refurbished rooms, just a few doors down from construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter