Pop Century Room Renovations

At the rate each building is being completed and put back into inventory, we will be lucky if building 10 is ready by Christmas. Just my two cents worth.

At the rate each building is being completed and put back into inventory, we will be lucky if building 10 is ready by Christmas. Just my two cents worth.

I dont need all of room 10 to be done-just 1 room...ok 2 rooms. One for me and One for Disneymama1216

Plus we keep hearing that building 7 needed much more work done to it and hopefully 10 will be the fastest turn around or all. :tink:

I'm getting ready to book our May trip today. I've been looking thru all this and would hope the renovations would be complete by then but if not what type of room do I need to book to guarantee a renovated room by May? The only reason we are even considering staying here is that there will be queen beds in the room so a renovated room is kind of a must, lol.

I check in on 9/23 and care a lot more about location than whether or not I get a refurbished room. Will the standard rooms in the 60s building still be in use or is that building soon to be closed for the renovations?

Thanks!

All the trailers/construction vehicles, etc....moved from the 90's parking lot and relocated to the 70's parking lot last week.

Construction still going on in building 7. Some rooms seem ready to go. Other rooms? Not so much. Seems sporadic.
Well thats a positive, at least :)
Hey that means more available parking for the refurbished rooms :)

I guess I'll be wishing on pixie dust as we will be checking in the first week of October, and have a preferred room booked (all that's available). We really want a renovated room (as does most people), and all I keep reading is that the preferred room buildings haven't even been touched. :( We only have the 50s, 60s, and 70s buildings as options for online check-in.

We are going the 2nd week of October with a preferred room, keeping my fingers crossed they are done in September.

I check in on 9/23 and care a lot more about location than whether or not I get a refurbished room. Will the standard rooms in the 60s building still be in use or is that building soon to be closed for the renovations?

Thanks!
If the refurbishment go the way someone above indicated, no, the 60s should not have been touched yet.
What is the layout for connecting rooms on each floor?
Can you elaborate, please? I don't quite understand what you want to know.

What is the layout for connecting rooms on each floor?

popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg

For whatever it's worth... my group was in (renovated) building 9, rooms 18-19 (connecting,) 49 (standalone,) 50-51 (connecting.). All five rooms were queen/Murphy... 51 was NOT a king as indicated on that map.

ETA: Oh wait - it's an S building so only 3/22 should have been king? Nevermind!

For whatever it's worth... my group was in (renovated) building 9, rooms 18-19 (connecting,) 49 (standalone,) 50-51 (connecting.). All five rooms were queen/Murphy... 51 was NOT a king as indicated on that map.

ETA: Oh wait - it's an S building so only 3/22 should have been king? Nevermind!

Not to say the renovations couldn't have had some bedding changes .... as there are some bath (tub/shower) changes and it could impact the disability access rooms ... but the connecting doors the PP was asking about would be unchanged.

So the one video post I saw estimated tomorrow as the opening of building 7 - seems unlikely from posts but fingers and toes crossed - finally booked my airfare today and have no "need" for planning until October when I book
fp - but I can't turn off the wondering

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter