Pop Century Room Renovations

Can anyone going in the next few months that is planning to use their fridge for snacks/drinks take a picture with stuff in it to give a better idea of size and what to bring/order? I see lots of the older fridge but they have space in the door for items, these new ones don't I can make sense of the size when they are empty. Thanks!

Can anyone going in the next few months that is planning to use their fridge for snacks/drinks take a picture with stuff in it to give a better idea of size and what to bring/order? I see lots of the older fridge but they have space in the door for items, these new ones don't I can make sense of the size when they are empty. Thanks!

I don't have a picture, but we were able to fit 2 four-packs of starbucks coffee in the glass bottles in there (still in their cardboard carriers), as well as 12 regular size water bottles, but it was a squeeze. The door is glass and doesn't have shelves to put things on.

I'll try and take a picture later but they aren't very deep. You can't lay a bottle in them back to front though they will stand up on top shelf. I like the glass door but it seems to need to be "reminded" to close all the way.

Do the fridges really not cool? Should we be avoiding perishables and only use the fridge for beverages?

We had an incident with a malfunctioning fridge in a vacation home recently that gave all of us food poisoning. I would love to avoid that scenario again.

Do the fridges really not cool? Should we be avoiding perishables and only use the fridge for beverages?

We had an incident with a malfunctioning fridge in a vacation home recently that gave all of us food poisoning. I would love to avoid that scenario again.
What kind of things are you hoping to put in the fridge?

I haven't been in a refurbished room at Pop to experiment with the fridge but this "problem" has come up before at other resorts. Most of the time when people say the fridge doesn't feel cold, there is nothing in the fridge. People open the door, stick their hand in, and don't immediately feel cold air so they think it isn't working. In reality, you have to put something (a few bottle of water, at least) in the fridge to notice that it's working. It's not an air conditioner, so it doesn't produce cold air. It cools the items in the space.

I know I've seen a post from someone who stayed in refurbished room who said they were able to keep yogurt, drinks, and fruit in the fridge and it was good and cold. If the fridges in the new rooms didn't keep things cold, I think we'd be seeing a ton of posts about it. The PP who recently mentioned that the fridge wasn't cool most likely didn't have any food in it (or not long enough to determine if it was truly cold) as they immediately left the resort and moved to POR.

This isn't the exact demensions of the fridge but the post (see link) does give you a good idea of the size. The book used as a reference is 6" x 9" in size so the fridge is less than 9" deep.

Can someone please help me. I am getting ready to book at pop for April 2018 and would love one of the new refurbished rooms amI better off booking a preferred or stranded and what kind of view for either these should I book. I tried reading the thread to figure it out but there is so much info

Thank you

Last edited:
Can someone please help me. I am getting ready to book at pop for April 2018 and would love one of the new refurbished rooms amI better off booking a preferred or stranded and what kind of view for either these should I book. I tried reading the thread to figure it out but there is so much info

Thank you

You are best to request a standard room as there are the most of these in the inventory. Please know that there is a big demand for the refurbished rooms and when you go it's anticipated approx 50% of the resort will be refurbished so you will have a 50/50 chance of getting a refurbished room.

We’re hoping to store yogurts and cheeses in it
So are we. Next week. Along with my DD's medication. Hopefully it actually does refrigerate. Now I'm getting nervous. We never had a problem with the old refrigerators at Pop. If we get a new room and the refrigerator isn't cooling adequately, I will have to request that they store my DD's medication for me. If we get a refurbished room, I will post with an update.

So are we. Next week. Along with my DD's medication. Hopefully it actually does refrigerate. Now I'm getting nervous. We never had a problem with the old refrigerators at Pop. If we get a new room and the refrigerator isn't cooling adequately, I will have to request that they store my DD's medication for me. If we get a refurbished room, I will post with an update.

Haven't had issue with my drinks staying cold in new fridge (2 trips). I think the open cabinet is an improvement over the enclosed for this specific reason, should be less heating up or freezing up of unit. Just be sure to check your temp dial inside.

Are the new ones actually refrigerators or are they the coolers that base the internal temp on the room temp? We didn’t have any issues keeping drinks cold in ours, but we do keep the room pretty cold. We didn’t have any food to keep cold, just water and sodas.

Here's a pic full and review believes they are smaller than old ones, I think I can agree with that by losing the door storage.

https://www.mainstmagic.com/blog/2017/10/15/disneys-pop-century-resort-review

IMG_5109.jpeg

We are going down with a cheer group ( i know, I know...crazy loud) in February. What are the chances we get a renovated room? I have never stayed at Pop before so curious how it will be. Have looked and the new rooms look really nice so I'm hoping!!!

We are going down with a cheer group ( i know, I know...crazy loud) in February. What are the chances we get a renovated room? I have never stayed at Pop before so curious how it will be. Have looked and the new rooms look really nice so I'm hoping!!!
Curious as to what dates the cheer groups will be there...?

I have been following this post from the very beginning and I have not heard a single concern until today that the fridge does not keep things cold. I think if it had been an issue it would have been all over this thread.

In February your chances would probably be 50/50 for getting a refurbished room. Word is out so many people are requesting them.

I have been following this post from the very beginning and I have not heard a single concern until today that the fridge does not keep things cold. I think if it had been an issue it would have been all over this thread.

In February your chances would probably be 50/50 for getting a refurbished room. Word is out so many people are requesting them.

That's what I was thinking 50/50. I hate to say probably the no side of 50 too since it's a "group" package. Oh well. Maybe I'll luck out!

I’m drinking an ice cold bottle of water right now from the fridge in our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter