Pop Century Room Renovations

We stayed 3 nights at Pop Nov.15-18. We requested a refurb room through touring plans but did not receive one. I went to the front desk as soon as we arrived off Magical Express. I asked politely if there were any refurb rooms available. The cast member called and asked for some “pixie dust”. She also noted that my original reservation did state a request for a refurbished room (so it seems they do receive them and attach to reservation). After a few mins she let me know that she could indeed put us in a refurbished room in building 10, 1970’s.

The room was really nice, bathroom was fabulous. I was traveling with my 7 yr old twins. We dubbed the edge of the Murphy bed “the edge of death”, as I left with many bruises from the dang corner of the pull down bed. If you have Little’s, maybe bring something for the edge. Also the bathroom doors are sliding, which I thought could be an ouchie for little fingers. So you may want to take caution with the sliding doors and little fingers!

Overall, we had a really nice stay. We did a split stay (the rest of our family came in and we moved resorts a few times) we moved to Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and on to Port Orleans Riverside. My 7 year olds said Pop was their favorite :flower1:

For those light sleepers these new rooms are awful - you do hear every toilet flush even two floors above and as I have neighbors above who think letting the kids jump on the bed and bounce a ball on the floor - or so it sounds - is ok woke up on and off all night - it's the first night so I am going to see how tonight goes but I may ask to be moved - which is awful bc I have completely unpacked now - looks like Pop won't be our hotel nect visit

For those light sleepers these new rooms are awful - you do hear every toilet flush even two floors above and as I have neighbors above who think letting the kids jump on the bed and bounce a ball on the floor - or so it sounds - is ok woke up on and off all night - it's the first night so I am going to see how tonight goes but I may ask to be moved - which is awful bc I have completely unpacked now - looks like Pop won't be our hotel nect visit

Oh man, that's a bummer! We travel with a sound machine for the kids so we listen to rain all night no matter where we sleep. Maybe try a white noise app?

Oh no!!! So sorry to hear that. How frustrating. Maybe ask for top floor? We had top floor and didn't hear a thing.

I’m an extremely light sleeper so that’s why I only put top floor on my online check in. I’m thinking about calling in for refurbished room but honestly the top floor means the most to me.

I’m an extremely light sleeper so that’s why I only put top floor on my online check in. I’m thinking about calling in for refurbished room but honestly the top floor means the most to me.
We stayed on the 1st floor and we must have been lucky on our 6 night stay. Only heard a toilet above us flush 1 time, not bad. Staying again for 6 nights next week. Hope to have the same experience again.

We stayed on the 1st floor and we must have been lucky on our 6 night stay. Only heard a toilet above us flush 1 time, not bad. Staying again for 6 nights next week. Hope to have the same experience again.
Yes, we had this experience also. First floor room with no more noise than usual. We kept the sliding door to the bathroom closed, which might have reduced the noise from toilets being flushed somewhat. We also used a white noise machine. I'm sorry to hear your stay has been so disruptive, @FinnsMom7! It sounds like a lot of the problem might be noisy neighbors. If it doesn't improve, I'd ask to be moved. It sounds miserable!

We never travel without a white noise machine. They are so worth the money.

Agree 100+%

I also wear earplugs.

We stayed on the third fooor and didn’t hear anything from above for 2 weeks. We did hear toilets flushing around us but we’ve experienced that at Pop during every trip before this one.

As I stated earlier in this thread, my irritation is folks allowing their doors to slam closed against the metal latches. I find it unnecessary and incredibly rude. That sound seems to reverberate through the whole darn building!

Just returned from a three night stay in bldg 9, fourth floor. Loved the new refurbished room. I think the workers need to double check the leveling of the tub sliding doors though...mine kept sliding open!! But not all the way! My biggest issue with the new rooms is that there just isn't enough sound absorbing material anymore. I could hear normal conversation from the room next door, especially the one with the connecting door! Being on the top floor made it nice since there were no noises from above.
All of bldg 6 seemed to be under construction. And there was a very large group of Argentine young women staying there....not a huge deal but they did tend to travel in packs.
I've always enjoyed Pop..but this stay was a bit less wonderful than others. I had issues with housekeeping on the morning I left. I hung the privacy hanger out since I wasn't leaving until 9:15 and didn't want them banging on my door at 8am. Well, I took my bag to RAC about 7:30, grabbed a bite to eat at the food court, returned to my room around 8:10. About 15 mins later, there was a loud knock on the door, with 'Housekeeping' yelled out. I got up, opened the door, and looked down. My privacy hanger was gone. It had been there when I returned to my room at 8:10! I looked at the gentleman, and said 'Hmmm, I wonder where my privacy sign went.....I'm leaving in 45 mins!'. He apologized profusely and left. I can only wonder if he removed it. I find it hard to believe that another guest removed it in those 20 mins.

goofy4tink--Do you think the lack of soundproofing would make it hard for 1 person to get ready without waking anyone else in the room up?

goofy4tink--Do you think the lack of soundproofing would make it hard for 1 person to get ready without waking anyone else in the room up?
I was able to wake up early and get ready without waking my DD when we were there a few weeks ago. She took the Murphy bed so it was farthest away from the bathroom. I shower in the afternoon (after our pool time) so not sure how that or a hair dryer would work out. With our white noise machine, though, my DD was able to sleep through my morning preparations, including running the sink water.

It's the 2 week anniversary of when I smashed my leg on the corner of the murphy bed, and it still hurts to touch. Beware the Corners of Death in the refurb rooms. :-)>:(:-)>:(:-)>:(
We kept our Murphy bed down the entire time (16 nights) and I didn’t bang into it once. Must be my Spidey senses.

I did find it annoying how close together the beds are though. While my daughter and I fit easily in between, we had to wait for the other to leave the space because we couldn’t pass each other easily.

My exhaustion caught up and I have slept great now - and I think the people above us checked out or became more conscious bc it's def better - now if only the temps would get better. Building 6 has some windows with curtains closed and no more paper in window now - they had paper the other day so maybe it's getting closer

My exhaustion caught up and I have slept great now - and I think the people above us checked out or became more conscious bc it's def better - now if only the temps would get better. Building 6 has some windows with curtains closed and no more paper in window now - they had paper the other day so maybe it's getting closer

Glad to hear your sleeping better now! Unlike you I’m not a light sleeper, but anytime I’m away from home I have real problems falling asleep, or wake up from any noise m, the first night.

Think or visit to the POP in June was the first time I actually had a good night of sleep the first night away from home. Wish I could say it was because of the POP, but more likely because I had 3 hours of sleep the night before, was up at 4am to leave for the airport and didn’t get to bed until 2am. On the plus side I really enjoyed closing out EMH at Animal Kingdom and seeing Pandora days before the rest of our group!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter