Pop Century Room Renovations

I have nothing new to add on the update front - I just wanted to pop in and mention how incredibly thrilled I am that Mickey Mouse and his pal made it into the decor of these refurbed rooms. And not just in "hidden" form.

I'm a huge MM fan and I've always been a strong believer that an original Fab Five resort should have been built based on old school classics. Not MM Clubhouse.

I'll settle for this decor. For now. ;)

Last edited:
Where did you see the article on WDW Gondola? Would love to read more about it. The mountain gondola they have locally here fit way more than 12, so I was thinking it was going to be like that. Sounds like the WDW ones will be more like the smaller, continuously running ones at the ski resorts.
The capacity I'm predicting is based off of other gondolas made by the rumored company that will be handling the ones at WDW.

Here is what I found! Hope this helps!:yay: Dollar Tree also has them in several sizes too!:thumbsup2

Wal-Mart has the same ones for $3.88 set of 2. I just bought some yesterday to throw in our suitcases for next year. We just got back from pop a couple of weeks ago. The renovations look so exciting! Normally I take a shoe bag to hang up but I will just take some collapsible bins instead. Both big and half size. I like to stay organized even while on vacation.

kaytieeldr said:
There are some half height (5.5" ) collapsible bins that should fit on the she!he's and turn them into drawers. https://www.amazon.com/Niche-Half-Size-Foldable-Fabric-Storage/dp/B06XTZ8QK8/ref=sr_1_149?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1497358712&sr=1-149&keywords=collapsible+storage+bins&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/Mainstays-Ha...640&sr=1-87&keywords=collapsible+storage+bins

Anyway the TC of this or the official PoP Resort topic can edit in which builds are completed and currently being worked on?
Maybe add it on the first page so new viewers and old dont have to skim through all the pages.
Yes! Pictures and info need to be added to the first post here and on the official Pop resort thread

I have nothing new to add on the update front - I just wanted to pop in and mention how incredibly thrilled I am that Mickey Mouse and his pal made it into the decor of these refurbed rooms. And not just in "hidden" form.

I'm a huge MM fan and I've always been a strong believer that an original Fab Five resort should have been built based on old school classics. Not MM Clubhouse.

I'll settle for this decor. For now. ;)
I love the sleeping pluto, so cute :)

Both beds are 80 by 60 inches.
So definitely queens. What else needed to be measured?

So happy for you you got a new room, and thank you for reporting back!

My biggest question: what's the latest on what buildings/parts of buildings are closed and can you tell where they stand on construction in them? Do new rooms in 9 look like they are close to ready, or still a long way to go?

THANKS!

Welcome aboard! :wave2:

Renovations are going in order one building at a time. Bldg 8 (90s) started closing in early March and just opened to guests the first full week of June. (ETA, well not exactly one at a time since 2 bldgs are being worked on right now, but once they close a building they will redo all the rooms in that bldg.)

Bldg 9 (80s) started closing in early May and Bldg 7 in early June. These are the 80s buildings; construction is going on but we don't really know the status or when they will open.

They are working their way backward through the decades, with Bldg 2 in the 50s said to be the last building they will finish.

I keep trying to puzzle out a logical schedule, but without knowing how long they will take per building after the initial one, it's hard to say.
I so hoped that the 70's would be finished by end of Nov. doesn't look like it.

Another good organizational thing to add to your list is a collapsible laundry hamper. Works great to poke in the corner and keep your dirty clothes out of the way and NOT in the nice clean new drawers. :)
I just use the plastic laundry bag provided in the room :upsidedow

I am so excited- in a renovated room now!
Can you post a pic of the room with Murphy bed down?

Both beds are 80 by 60 inches.
So definitely queens. What else needed to be measured?
Is the table and chairs gone? Are the toiletries different than they were? I saw a picture and they look different but I'm not sure if it was a one off.

I am so excited- in a renovated room now!
I don't arrive until December but what room requests did you make? And by what method? I would hope come December more than one building section is complete hoping my odds buy any info to increase my chances would be greatly appreciated

I will be heading to Pop in September. To get a new room, it looks like I'll have to request 80 or 90. I am only at a standard room. If I request one of those, will the walk be super long or will I end up with a room overlooking the parking lot? I've never been to Pop, so this one is all new to me and everyone here seems to know so much about the resort.

I so hoped that the 70's would be finished by end of Nov. doesn't look like it.

Can you post a pic of the room with Murphy bed down?

I really think they will have at least one 70s building done by end of November even f they're taking 3 months per building. If they can just pare it down to 2.5 months, they could be through the 70s by then.

Check out post 1523 on page 77 of this thread for a link to a page with tons of good pics including with the Murphy down. (It's the 3rd post down and the site is The Castle Concierge.)
ETA: Sorry, that post does not have useful pics with the Murphy down. I'm sure I,vet seen some here, though. There is a YouTube video from Disney Dreams with the Murphy down.

ETA again - try page 74 post 1469 for a link to pics from wdwnt - they have some with the Murphy down.

Is the table and chairs gone? Are the toiletries different than they were? I saw a picture and they look different but I'm not sure if it was a one off.

Table is attached to the Murphy bed and disappears under the bed when the bed is down. This is posing an issue for some guests. See the post on page 77 I mentioned for pictures.

Looks like toiletries have changed (and not just at POP) - still H2O brand but a different "flavor" and no more Mickey-head bottles.

I don't arrive until December but what room requests did you make? And by what method? I would hope come December more than one building section is complete hoping my odds buy any info to increase my chances would be greatly appreciated

I just want to say, they had darn well better have more than one section done by December or this is going to take YEARS!

I will be heading to Pop in September. To get a new room, it looks like I'll have to request 80 or 90. I am only at a standard room. If I request one of those, will the walk be super long or will I end up with a room overlooking the parking lot? I've never been to Pop, so this one is all new to me and everyone here seems to know so much about the resort.

Check out Google Maps satellite view for a good idea of where what buildings are and what is around them. And Touring Plans has an awesome "room finder" site that can show the view from any room. You do not need to subscribe to use it. Just Google "Touring Plans Pop Century."

This year was my first stay at POP but I had watched so many videos, studied the maps and Touring Plans site, when they texted my room number I knew exactly where it was. The internet rocks!

Last edited:
Stayed at POP back in November with the older theming and I absolutely love the look of the newly refurbished rooms! Adios yucky carpeting! I love how they worked Mickey and Pluto into the new theming of the rooms and also how they have given the rooms a more "contemporary" feel. Looking forward to our Fall 2018 stay even more now! :lovestruc:flower1::hippie:

Do we have an idea of what percentage of these rooms are standing shower only? I've requested a new room for our stay next week, but we really need a tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter