Pop Century Room Renovations

Space between bed and wall, between the two beds, and between Murphy bed and door.
Also between foot of Murphy bed to the coffee maker cabinet

THANKYOU!
Space between bed and wall by bathroom is 17 inches. But with the bathroom/sink room door slid open, you lose some space so it's 14 inches.

Space between beds is 17.5 inches.

Space between Murphy and door frame is 28 inches at closest point. Door is on diagonal. Murphy bed to window wall is 60 inches.

From foot of bed to coffee maker cabinet is 22 inches.

I tried to measure to bed frames rather than matresses since frames stick out a bit.

Can't take picture of Murphy right now- pleople napping on it!

No one asked but I wondered myself so- closet rod extension that telescopes out from side of closet is about 9 inches.

Also I do not have connecting room and there is good space between dresser and wall by bath, 50 inches. Luggage rack is there and there is room for another luggage rack as well.

Space between bed and wall by bathroom is 17 inches. But with the bathroom/sink room door slid open, you lose some space so it's 14 inches.

Space between Murphy and door frame is 28 inches at closest point. Door is on diagonal. Murphy bed to window wall is 60 inches.

I tried to measure to bed frames rather than matresses since frames stick out a bit.

No one asked but I wondered myself so- closet rod extension that telescopes out from side of closet is about 9 inches.

Also I do not have connecting room and there is good space between dresser and wall by bath 50 inches. Luggage rack is there and there is room for another luggage rack as well.

Thank you for these measurements!!!!!

So....trying to figure out if a twin size air mattress will fit between the opened Murphy bed and the front wall while still allowing space for the exterior door to open at least enough for a person to get in/out. It looks like there's enough space to accommodate the width of a mattress, but I'm not sure on length. Could you possibly measure the length from that "boxed out area" next to the beverage station to the "closest" edge of the door frame (basically the the front wall with the window). Or maybe to make it simpler, is there enough floor space at the front of the room to accommodate a 38" x 74" air mattress and still open the door part way. :)

Also, I'd love to know the dimensions of the drawers in the dresser (l,w,h).

I like the basic concept of what they're doing here.

My 2 concerns/frustrations which I'm sure we'd just adjust to...
1) table goes away when bed pulls down. We put so much stuff on that table during our stay.
2) transparent shower door - makes it very awkward when somebody is in the shower and somebody else needs to use the toilet (mainly a concern as a father with 2 small girls). My thought to address this would be tape a white trash bag on the outside of the doors lol - trashy (get it) but fixes the issue and still lets light through.

Last edited:
Does is make any difference if you make a room request 6 months out as opposed to a week out?? Like, should I put in a room request now for a trip in December or am I safe to do it closer to my trip? I REALLY want refurbed connecting rooms but was waiting to see what the progress was before I requested the section (hoping for 70s section!) :-)

You can add requests anytime from the day you book up until 5-6 days out, it makes zero difference when within that time frame.

1) table goes away when bed pulls down. We put so much stuff on that table during our stay.
2) transparent shower door - makes it very awkward when somebody is in the shower and somebody else needs to use the toilet (mainly a concern as a father with 2 small girls). My thought to address this would be tape a white trash back on the outside of the doors lol - trashy (get it) but fixes the issue and still lets light through.

1. There are quite a few "flat" surfaces to put your stuff on in the room. The entire top of the dresser is empty as well as most of the beverage center counter and shelves. Not to mention all of the cubbies in the bathroom. You may find that you don't miss the table because there's more storage in the new rooms than there was in the old/current ones.

2. I agree that the shower doors are fairly transparent. I think they were designed/selected assuming the person using the shower is the only person in the bathroom at that time. We always allow the person showering to have the bathroom to themselves so I never really thought about it until you mentioned it. I think your idea of covering the doors with something is a workable solution. It might be easier to buy a shower curtain at Dollar Tree (or other dollar store) and bring a few clothes pins with you. You could loop the shower curtain over the top rail and secure it on the ends with the clothes pins. Or, if they have shower curtain hooks at the dollar store (or pick them up at Walmart for a few dollars) you could hang the curtain from the top rail -- assuming the rail isn't too wide for the hooks - but you could also probably "hook" them into the track. At worst, a little duct tape will hold it to the top rail. :)

Also I do not have connecting room and there is good space between dresser and wall by bath, 50 inches. Luggage rack is there and there is room for another luggage rack as well.

YIKES :crowded:

NEW VIDEO!!! On YouTube posted today, Pop Century refurbished room tour by Ethan Johnson. Couple staying in the room gives tour and commentary, pros and cons.

Guess what one of the cons was: Nowhere good to put all the excess pillows! LOL, now I don't feel so silly for fussing about that.

I still have yet to see a video of someone actually moving the Murphy.

1. There are quite a few "flat" surfaces to put your stuff on in the room. The entire top of the dresser is empty as well as most of the beverage center counter and shelves. Not to mention all of the cubbies in the bathroom. You may find that you don't miss the table because there's more storage in the new rooms than there was in the old/current ones.

2. I agree that the shower doors are fairly transparent. I think they were designed/selected assuming the person using the shower is the only person in the bathroom at that time. We always allow the person showering to have the bathroom to themselves so I never really thought about it until you mentioned it. I think your idea of covering the doors with something is a workable solution. It might be easier to buy a shower curtain at Dollar Tree (or other dollar store) and bring a few clothes pins with you. You could loop the shower curtain over the top rail and secure it on the ends with the clothes pins. Or, if they have shower curtain hooks at the dollar store (or pick them up at Walmart for a few dollars) you could hang the curtain from the top rail -- assuming the rail isn't too wide for the hooks - but you could also probably "hook" them into the track. At worst, a little duct tape will hold it to the top rail. :)

Yeah shower curtain is a cheap and good idea for sure.

The table will be missed for us (for use as a table during a nap or at other times) but we'll adjust to it.

NEW VIDEO!!! On YouTube posted today, Pop Century refurbished room tour by Ethan Johnson. Couple staying in the room gives tour and commentary, pros and cons.

Guess what one of the cons was: Nowhere good to put all the excess pillows! LOL, now I don't feel so silly for fussing about that.

I still have yet to see a video of someone actually moving the Murphy.

Thanks for sharing that!

Wait....did they say there's no fan in the bathroom????? That's a problem.

And I thought it was funny how every time they talked about not having space for the pillows, the closed up Murphy bed with that empty space on top of it was in the video shot. I think at least 2 pillows would fit up there. :)

And I wonder how much stuff they packed if 2 people staying for 3 days didn't think there was enough storage space in the room. That's not giving me any hope that 3 or 4 of us will fit in the space.

I actually thought it would be even less! When I first saw pictures I guessed 15"! I could see it was a pretty tight space.

I had hoped the photos were misleading and the space was more than that. Not so much for the outer spaces/nightstands, but between the two beds ........... that is up close and personal .......

Thanks for sharing that!

Wait....did they say there's no fan in the bathroom????? That's a problem.

And I thought it was funny how every time they talked about not having space for the pillows, the closed up Murphy bed with that empty space on top of it was in the video shot. I think at least 2 pillows would fit up there. :)

And I wonder how much stuff they packed if 2 people staying for 3 days didn't think there was enough storage space in the room. That's not giving me any hope that 3 or 4 of us will fit in the space.
There is a fan in the bathroom, it comes on when you turn the light on but goes off after a while.

I feel like there is lots of storage space, surfaces, etc.
There is less space for hanging clothes and the drawers are very shallow. So clothing storage routines needed adjustment.Can't measure now on the bus.
I love the bedside tables on outsides of beds(not just one between like before. Although, Murphy bed occupants have a harder time accessing bedside tables due to Murphy frame.

2) transparent shower door - makes it very awkward when somebody is in the shower and somebody else needs to use the toilet (mainly a concern as a father with 2 small girls). My thought to address this would be tape a white trash back on the outside of the doors lol - trashy (get it) but fixes the issue and still lets light through.

For the shower maybe bring some good heavy duty magnets and use a cheap vinyl party table cloth (dollar tree) because it wouldn't be as heavy as a shower curtain but would still offer privacy.

Thank you for these measurements!!!!!

So....trying to figure out if a twin size air mattress will fit between the opened Murphy bed and the front wall while still allowing space for the exterior door to open at least enough for a person to get in/out. It looks like there's enough space to accommodate the width of a mattress, but I'm not sure on length. Could you possibly measure the length from that "boxed out area" next to the beverage station to the "closest" edge of the door frame (basically the the front wall with the window). Or maybe to make it simpler, is there enough floor space at the front of the room to accommodate a 38" x 74" air mattress and still open the door part way. :)

Also, I'd love to know the dimensions of the drawers in the dresser (l,w,h).
The drawers are 4 inches deep, 13 inches front to back, and 30 1/2 inches side to side. Not much fits in them.

An air mattress with those measurements would fit in the space between the Murphy bed and window, but you wouldn't be able to open the door much at all.....unless you slid part of the air mattress under the Murphy bed to open the door. You could do that because there are no supports under the Murphy on the sides, only the table under the middle of it. So the mattress could slide under the bed a few inches as long as no one was on it.

The drawers are 4 inches deep, 13 inches front to back, and 30 1/2 inches side to side. Not much fits in them.

An air mattress with those measurements would fit in the space between the Murphy bed and window, but you wouldn't be able to open the door much at all.....unless you slid part of the air mattress under the Murphy bed to open the door. You could do that because there are no supports under the Murphy on the sides, only the table under the middle of it. So the mattress could slide under the bed a few inches as long as no one was on it.
The drawers are only 4x13x30.5?!?! Wow.

Thanks for doing this! Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts