Pop Century Room Renovations

Can someone measure the width of the doorframe at the narrowest? Interested in knowing if I can get the kids double adaptive stroller through it. TIA.

I really would like to see photos of a Wheelchair accessible room with a roll-in shower.

Has anyone stayed in the room or know where photos could be found?

Which makes the already small floor space miniscule.
I think I value bed size over floor space. I may change my mind after staying there, but I know my husband, the two girls, and I would never previously stay in a value because of the double beds. We would consider it now with two queens.

It will be interesting to see if the limited floor space really puts a damper on people's vacations. I have no qualms about going solo or with just my girls and being in the reno rooms. May wait for reviews before booking for the whole family.

I think I value bed size over floor space. I may change my mind after staying there, but I know my husband, the two girls, and I would never previously stay in a value because of the double beds. We would consider it now with two queens.

It will be interesting to see if the limited floor space really puts a damper on people's vacations. I have no qualms about going solo or with just my girls and being in the reno rooms. May wait for reviews before booking for the whole family.
I think once people start banging their legs/shins on the bed platforms, they'll think different.

If someone staying in the renovated Pop rooms could measure the size of the cubbies in the closet and bathroom, that would be great. I was wanting to bring some fabric cubes with me for my stay in August and wanted to know if they will fit. Thanks.

I know I could have gone to the desk and asked for a different room, but I am alone and I'm sure a family could use a tub more than me.
Disagree. If you want a tub, go request a tub. Who knows, maybe they'll swap you into a room that was assigned to someone like me, who detests baths. Keep in mind, that room could be pre-refurbishment.

Last edited:
I'm curious, are ALL rooms going to have 2 queens or will the king rooms still have King beds, just refurbished?

I'm thinking cuz their handicap accessible that they will keep it a King just with a fresh coat of paint and new bedspread.

I requested room 5161 in the 60's Building. We paid for a preferred room. I am wondering if these rooms will be renovated by then? If Not I may change my request.

I'm curious, are ALL rooms going to have 2 queens or will the king rooms still have King beds, just refurbished?

I'm thinking cuz their handicap accessible that they will keep it a King just with a fresh coat of paint and new bedspread.

I'm pretty sure they are keeping a few as king beds. They'll be refurbished like the others (hard floors, beverage center, etc). Whether or not those will get a new mattress, I don't know. Does anyone know if the rooms that are staying kings will get new mattresses? Even though we've never stayed in one, I'd still be curious to know.

Thanks for sharing that!

Wait....did they say there's no fan in the bathroom????? That's a problem.

And I thought it was funny how every time they talked about not having space for the pillows, the closed up Murphy bed with that empty space on top of it was in the video shot. I think at least 2 pillows would fit up there. :)

And I wonder how much stuff they packed if 2 people staying for 3 days didn't think there was enough storage space in the room. That's not giving me any hope that 3 or 4 of us will fit in the space.[/QUO
If someone staying in the renovated Pop rooms could measure the size of the cubbies in the closet and bathroom, that would be great. I was wanting to bring some fabric cubes with me for my stay in August and wanted to know if they will fit. Thanks.

I was just thinking the same thing! They look like a perfect size for some bins. The less clutter on the other surfaces the better.

I just checked into a refurbished room! I really like it except for a couple of things. I requested a room with a tub on my touring plans request, but only got a shower. I am definitely not a fan of the hard floor. And the bed is pretty high for short people like me. My feet are really going to miss being soaked in the tub after a long day at the park. I know I could have gone to the desk and asked for a different room, but I am alone and I'm sure a family could use a tub more than me.

j2thomason,Would you mind sharing how you requested your room. This will be my first time using Touring Plans to request my room. Thanks and enjoy your stay!!

I requested room 5161 in the 60's Building. We paid for a preferred room. I am wondering if these rooms will be renovated by then? If Not I may change my request.

When are you going?

Just a heads up.....that room is a preferred pool view. Did you book preferred or preferred pool?

They won't have renovated them yet - the preferred Pool rooms are out of inventory for part of November and most, if not all, of December, I would imagine to accommodate the renovations. When I was booking my FD I was surprised a preferred room wasn't part of the requirement but I would imagine that may also be due to the limit of inventory while the renovations go on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter