Pop sliding bathroom doors a finger hazard?

Poprivet

Mouseketeer
I love the remodeled room at Pop... spent 9 days with grandkids over thanksgiving. kids are 4 & 7 and I was worried that the way the new sliding bathroom doors close they could get their fingers caught in the door. it looks like it would be bad as there is no outward give in the door and it looks of amputation as opposed to crushing blow...??

Has anyone noticed this?

Pop

Sounds actually safer to me as there is no leverage at work that could sever the fingers as a regular swinging door would have.

My daughter had a finger amputated in a steal firedoor at her daycare center. I would think it would be very hard to amputate a finger in the pop sliding doors. The hinge side of the main door probably yes - it could be done (as it was similar to what happened to my kid). Not the sliding door though. Her finger was reattached and is fine, if somewhat shorter than It should be and has a crooked nail.

I've stayed twice in the remodeled rooms at POP.
I haven't gone with small kids but I don't find it to be a finger hazard myself.
Maybe if the kid was playing around something could happen but with kids that young I'd think adults would be supervising their bathroom activities anyways.

Last edited:

Agreed. The heavy entrance door poses more of a hazard than the sliding door to the bathroom area.

I grew up in a house with pocket doors. Never smashed my fingers when they were used as intended. Have I smashed my fingers? Of course. I was a kid. :duck:But the injury wasn't too bad. Just a little pain and soreness for a few minutes to days.

Can't be any worse than the ones at the CR. That one almost took off my nail
We haven't gone to pop but I know any of the modern versions of that type of door have a mechanism that makes them close slowly when they get within pinch distance. Did the ones at pop not do that?

Can't be any worse than the ones at the CR. That one almost took off my nail
We haven't gone to pop but I know any of the modern versions of that type of door have a mechanism that makes them close slowly when they get within pinch distance. Did the ones at pop not do that?

The ones at CSR did.

My daughter had a finger amputated in a steal firedoor at her daycare center. I would think it would be very hard to amputate a finger in the pop sliding doors. The hinge side of the main door probably yes - it could be done (as it was similar to what happened to my kid). Not the sliding door though. Her finger was reattached and is fine, if somewhat shorter than It should be and has a crooked nail.

Oh my goodness. I can’t imagine. Glad it could be reattached.

Aren't all doors potential finger hazards??? no matter a person's age???

Given that i have a short finger with a wonky nail from a normal door incident (brother and I were arguing and he let go of my bedroom door at the wrong time), yes.

I was the only 11 year old who knew when it was going to rain from the change in finger pain. (And now that I’m 49 that ability has come back lol)

Given that i have a short finger with a wonky nail from a normal door incident (brother and I were arguing and he let go of my bedroom door at the wrong time), yes.

I was the only 11 year old who knew when it was going to rain from the change in finger pain. (And now that I’m 49 that ability has come back lol)

That is exactly my daughter’s finger! She was 3 when her door accident occurred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!