Pop-Up Sites: How big of a camper can fit?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
Looking at changing our spring break trip from off-site to Fort Wilderness. We love camping at home in MI, but can't imagine towing our camper all the way to Disney, so I am looking at rentals. My question is, how big of a camper can really fit on a pop-up/tent site? Trying to save a little bit of money since the sites alone are more expensive than the condo we currently have booked! Yikes, but I can't get my mind off camping at Disney!

My 20 foot roadtrek fit with room to spare. I parked the golf cart behind my rv without issue.

If you rent it and they set it up they may not let you. If you tow it in , they will not stop you. I will say with a tent site, you will have no sewer. So depending on how long your there you may need to think about waste water. Will it fit, depends on the site and the size of your camper. Look at the last page of this thread for my set up on a tent loop. https://www.disboards.com/threads/tent-loop-question.3789316/
I think i was about 30 feet after the rear slide was out. My pop up camper was a foot bigger.

Also, if it is the upcoming spring break you need to check on the availability. Spring break time is VERY busy, and the place often books out a year in advance during that time.

I also agree to consider no sewer hookup. FW does not have a dumping station. You'll likely be having to use the comfort stations. If this is okay, then no big deal or loss there.

Hope
Also, if it is the upcoming spring break you need to check on the availability. Spring break time is VERY busy, and the place often books out a year in advance during that time.

I also agree to consider no sewer hookup. FW does not have a dumping station. You'll likely be having to use the comfort stations. If this is okay, then no big deal or loss there.
Hope this is the right way to ask...newbie here. If there is no dump station, what do pop up campers in the tent/pop up loops do with grey water from the sink?!

Thats the dirty question of disney. You need to get the hidden side of disney camping book! ( kidding that doesn't exist). I didnt need to use it , but i bet they have a sink for washing dishes. Lots just tossed there water in the bushes ( tenters mostly). Officially i think you are supost to take your tank to a empty full hook up site and dump it there. I would do the grey in the confert station, and the cassette in the tolet. But thats just me. I.would venture to say Disney will not mind as long as they are getting paid.

Hope

Hope this is the right way to ask...newbie here. If there is no dump station, what do pop up campers in the tent/pop up loops do with grey water from the sink?!
I see you have a sink but the lack of dishwashing areas is my pet peeve about Disney. The only true dishwashing sink is in the group camping area behind Loop 2000 and it’s not very convenient for more than half that loop. There are utility sinks in the laundry rooms but they are not set up for dish washing at all with no place to put clean wet dishes other than where dry, clean clothes go. The sinks would probably work for dishwater disposal. Most of the Florida state parks have dishwashing sinks and it really does help to keep the sites cleaner. I wish Disney would do this for the two tent loops. It kills our back to have to crouch to wash with the hose - sometimes you just feel yourself getting older :oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter