Popcorn Bucket

4everluvDisney

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been discussed so excuse me for a repeat.
We will be on the Magic tomorrow and was wondering if our WDW popcorn buckets can be used on the ship, and if so, do they do the refill price of $1.50 like in the "World"?

We took our popcorn buckets that we got on our cruise 2 years ago (Parks design) on the Magic this past week. No problems using it although one cast member recognized it as a Parks one...I didn't pay attention to the ones they were selling if they were an actual cruise design. And yes, we paid $1.50 per refill. Hope this helps!

I'm sure this has been discussed so excuse me for a repeat.
We will be on the Magic tomorrow and was wondering if our WDW popcorn buckets can be used on the ship, and if so, do they do the refill price of $1.50 like in the "World"?

Sorry wdw popcorn buckets cannot be used on the ship. Some people have reported in older popcorn threads that they were able to use it but to me that’s stealing. Be honest and tell them you bought it at wdw and see what they say.

Last edited:
We have reused one we purchased on the ship on a prior cruise, but haven't tried with one purchased in the parks.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I will leave the bucket at home. I guess it was an older thread that I had read that people were using them.
If I really want popcorn I'll just buy one on the ship and hope it is DCL specific.

The popcorn bucket we got onboard the Magic last spring was a parks bucket, not a DCL bucket.

We were just on the Fantasy last week and brought along with us 2 popcorn buckets that we have gotten in years past at the parks. We were able to refill them for $1.73. We have had the buckets for several years, and had never brought them on previous cruises, but were told on our last cruise by someone that you could do it, so we tried it this time. It was great. No cast member cared, or even looked at the buckets, as there are many people with different buckets. It is not stealing, IMO, if you are allowed to do it.

On that same topic, during the Merrytime Christmas, do they always have the same Santa Mickey bucket? We are going again and I don’t want to buy the same one.

earlier this month we bought a refillable popcorn bucket at WDW and were able to use it that same week on the disney dream. I think they refills were around 1.75. Pretty sure the buckets they were selling onboard was the same one we had.

On that same topic, during the Merrytime Christmas, do they always have the same Santa Mickey bucket? We are going again and I don’t want to buy the same one.

Not sure of the answer, but that is the kind of popcorn bucket I have. Not sure if it is worth bringing along just for a 3 day cruise - I will probably save less than $10, but I am wondering if I can bring the Santa Popcorn bucket on our Memorial Day cruise and get the discounted popcorn price....

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I will leave the bucket at home. I guess it was an older thread that I had read that people were using them.
If I really want popcorn I'll just buy one on the ship and hope it is DCL specific.

I'm pretty sure the guy at the stand said if we had the bucket from home we could have used it. I forgot to bring it. And yes it is the same one as used in the parks.

I’m going on a Wonder cruise on March 29 in less than 2 weeks.
Anyone have a photo of the current bucket? I’m only aware of a a Cinderella carriage and the Santa Mickey? Since we will be on the ship for Easter any thing happen with the bucket designs? Are they just round like a chicken bucket with designs now?
Who knew anyone could ask so many questions about a popcorn bucket?

I’m going on a Wonder cruise on March 29 in less than 2 weeks.
Anyone have a photo of the current bucket? I’m only aware of a a Cinderella carriage and the Santa Mickey? Since we will be on the ship for Easter any thing happen with the bucket designs? Are they just round like a chicken bucket with designs now?
Who knew anyone could ask so many questions about a popcorn bucket?

The first 2 pics are front and back of the bucket we got on the Wonder end of January this year.
The 3rd pic is from the Fantasy Halloween Sailing. We happened to buy the same bucket at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party before boarding the ship, but left it in the car not knowing we could bring it on the cruise.
They often have other themed buckets like Santa or Pumpkin during Holidays. Pretty much whatever WDW is selling.

1D9F0826-62CA-4D78-8AD8-C78C3A52DCF1.jpeg 340DDEEF-DFC9-4085-A645-C26719A224BF.jpeg D6C5A192-D7CD-486A-8F70-3504151A4AC7.jpeg

Last edited:
We got back 3 weeks ago - we brought a Halloween bucket with us that we had bought at the parks last year. No one batted an eyelid and we used it several times. We also saw other people with buckets from the park. We also ended up buying a bucket on board and it was nothing unique to cruising.

On my Magic Marvel Cruise in January, I forgot to bring one of my Park buckets. I was pleased they were selling a cruise-specific Marvel design one and purchased that. It’s the only cruise-specific one I know of, though.

We recently brought a bucket purchased at AKL - the movie snacks attendant commented that he had never seen that bucket before. Then he filled it up!

Definitely bring your bucket, if for no other reason than to keep extra plastic/paper from being used up. Be green! Because really - how many plastic popcorn buckets do you really want/need around the house? Until the refill program started we ended up throwing out a plastic bucket after every trip.

They do change them. We've got 2 different Santa Mickey popcorn buckets from 2 different Merrytime cruises. I didn't know that you could reuse them. Now, the kids use for movie night here at home! :)

We got off the Fantasy on the 10th, and the bucket was a generic one. I was hoping they'd have a Star Wars-themed one, but no, it was the drinks that had BB-8 shapes. Round BB8 shapes. That don't fit in any cup holder in any theatre on the ship, lol. I now have 3 of these in my collection :-)

We got off the Fantasy on the 10th, and the bucket was a generic one. I was hoping they'd have a Star Wars-themed one, but no, it was the drinks that had BB-8 shapes. Round BB8 shapes. That don't fit in any cup holder in any theatre on the ship, lol. I now have 3 of these in my collection :-)
.. And take up way too much cupboard space at home!!:P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter