Popular Disney foods and restaurants you don't care for?

Pipkin

Mouseketeer
1. Dole whip.
2. Tonga Toast. Too sweet
3. Be our guest.
4. Ohana
5. Boma because it is slipping.

1. Dole whip
2. O'hana's character breakfast
3. Grapefruit cake
4. Canadian cheddar cheese soup-I love cheddar cheese, and I don't hate the soup, but I don't care for it.

Smoked turkey leg in Epcot.

They smell so, so good -- DS and I fortunately just bought one to share. Nasty tasting, we both thought.

But, so as not to offend...YMMV.

Turkey Leg

And the San Angel Inn Restaurante at Epcot. I'd put all the countries over it, even the American burger counter service one.

We hated our food at Sunshine Seasons. Everyone raves about it but every dish we had was really bad. We had almost all of the Asian options between our group and they were all gross.

But the strawberry shortcake was delicious!

Most of the popular places at WDW you'd have to pay ME to eat at. I'll never eat a Mickey bar, Edy's Ice cream, popcorn, turkey legs, hot dogs...the list goes on. I'm not "picky" the way people talk about these boards. I'm a whole different kind of picky:)

We hated our food at Sunshine Seasons. Everyone raves about it but every dish we had was really bad. We had almost all of the Asian options between our group and they were all gross.

But the strawberry shortcake was delicious!

Yes! Ugh that "Asian" from food there is SO disgusting. It seriously is like school cafeteria level bad.

But everything from the bakery is amazing!

For me, literally ALL the buffet character meals.

And everything at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I don't like cinnamon in savory dishes, and have a serious aversion to many spices in Indian and African cuisine (such as curry). I won't even stay at the hotel. The smell from Boma makes my stomach turn.

Epcot's German restaurant! The smell of the food turns my stomach and I heave if I get too close while browsing the shops.

For me, literally ALL the buffet character meals.

And everything at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I don't like cinnamon in savory dishes, and have a serious aversion to many spices in Indian and African cuisine (such as curry). I won't even stay at the hotel. The smell from Boma makes my stomach turn.
I'm the same was about "baking spices" in meat dishes lol. That's why I dislike so many Indian dishes.

Dole Whip and Mickey bars, I don't get it.
As far as restaurants, Jinkos and Sanaa. For us, the food at Jinkos was o.k. but not great. The food at Sanaa was boarder line bad and the service by far the worst I've ever had anywhere in the world and I've eaten at bedouin camps in the middle of the desert.

And the San Angel Inn Restaurante at Epcot. I'd put all the countries over it, even the American burger counter service one.

Agree with San Angel....we were not a fan at all. Also, I know I'm in the minority, but we don't like Ohana dinner. Definitely not worth the hype.

Dole Whip and Zebra Domes do not rock my world. Adding rum to the Dole Whip at AK helped. Zebra Domes are okay. I would eat one again, but I much prefer the passion fruit panna cotta I've had at Boma or the peanut butter brownie at the Mara.

Dole Whip
Turkey Leg
Ohana (tried it twice thinking first time was a fluke, none of us liked it either time. COold food, Slooooooow Service. Tough meats. No idea why so many rave about it)

I haven't eaten at all that many Disney sit down locations, but I wasn't particularly impressed by most of the ones I did try. Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge was an exception.

I don't actively HATE anything or anyplace foodwise at WDW. So I could only come up with 2. I won't do character meals because I'm not into character interaction and I usually avoid Disney baked goods because I've been disappointed too many times. I have found they look much better than they actually taste.

1. Butterfinger Cupcake - I was so excited to try it and thought the huge mound of white icing hidden under the chocolate icing was so gross.
2. Tonga Toast - I did have the Captain Cooks version, not the Kona, but it was so dry I could barely choke it down even after dousing it in syrup.

I've never even tried a turkey leg because they just don't look appetizing to me at all.

I do like Dole Whips & Mickey Bars though.

'Ohana is fun, but the food is just okay to me - we go for the experience as opposed to the food, but, last time we were there, even the experience seemed a bit lacking. (And I really don't like the peel & eat shrimp.)

We've never made an ADR for Prime Time Cafe because the food, to me, looks very cafeteria-ish. And we've never eaten at the Japanese restaurant because we have very similarly-styled & themed Japanese Hibachi restaurants here at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter