Popular Disney foods and restaurants you don't care for?

I think AP and Jiko both don't get as much love as they deserve because they're not as easy to get to - or that's just my weird transport bias.

On TripAdvisor, Jiko & AP are #3 and #11 under the 60ish fine dining establishments. I agree I think it's cause they aren't necessarily in the parks so it's harder for people who don't want to leave.

On TripAdvisor, Jiko & AP are #3 and #11 under the 60ish fine dining establishments. I agree I think it's cause they aren't necessarily in the parks so it's harder for people who don't want to leave.

Weird, I just looked it up and I'm getting Jiko at 7 and AP not at all...I wanted to see what the other's were. I swear that I've seen Tripadvisor do weird stuff like that before.

Sorry, AP is on the second page of the list.

Weird, I just looked it up and I'm getting Jiko at 7 and AP not at all...I wanted to see what the other's were. I swear that I've seen Tripadvisor do weird stuff like that before.
Depends on how you look at it.

Jiko is #3 out of 75 for restaurants in WDW. It's #16 out of 2,976 restaurants in Orlando.

Depends on how you look at it.

Jiko is #3 out of 75 for restaurants in WDW. It's #16 out of 2,976 restaurants in Orlando.

I just figured it out! I was looking at fine dining in Orlando. I love TA, but that's not, as I mentioned, the first time I'm looking something up and getting different results due to filtering:)

Your original point still stands though for sure!

Most of the popular places at WDW you'd have to pay ME to eat at. I'll never eat a Mickey bar, Edy's Ice cream, popcorn, turkey legs, hot dogs...the list goes on. I'm not "picky" the way people talk about these boards. I'm a whole different kind of picky:)
No Mckey Bar? Ever? :sad2: :rotfl: We sometimes have them in the morning and call them breakfast.

I'm a Disneyland girl so my answers will be slightly different.
Dole Whips-never had one and probably never will.
Turkey Legs-just don't look appealing.
White River Snacks-people rave about this place, in particular their nachos and I just don't get it. It's like going to a middle school cafeteria and it makes me want take people out a get them REAL nachos.
Ghirardelli-again, makes me want to take people for a REAL ice cream sundae.
Rainforest Cafe-this place is just awful everywhere.

At the risk of sounding like a food snob, aside from a few gems about 80% of the food in the parks is sub par. I don't go to Disney for the food though.

Dole Whips
turkey legs

that's the ones I really don't like, everything else is okay, maybe not great.

No Mckey Bar? Ever? :sad2: :rotfl: We sometimes have them in the morning and call them breakfast.

I'm a Disneyland girl so my answers will be slightly different.
Dole Whips-never had one and probably never will.
Turkey Legs-just don't look appealing.
White River Snacks-people rave about this place, in particular their nachos and I just don't get it. It's like going to a middle school cafeteria and it makes me want take people out a get them REAL nachos.
Ghirardelli-again, makes me want to take people for a REAL ice cream sundae.
Rainforest Cafe-this place is just awful everywhere.

At the risk of sounding like a food snob, aside from a few gems about 80% of the food in the parks is sub par. I don't go to Disney for the food though.

I ate Mickey Bars when I was a kid, and then they carried Haagen Daas at WDW and my food snob parents got me those and I was sold. (I was raised a food snob, I was destined for it...lol.) I definitely haven't had one in 20 years. I've got no issue with ice cream at breakfast. It's not like I eat healthy breakfasts - a croissant with tons of butter and some drinks?

I love DLR's Bengal BBQ. Why can't WDW have bacon wrapped asparagus at a cs?

I love ice cream but it's very easy for me to pass up Edy's. I like gourmet ice cream with flavors you can't get at your local supermarket.

I enjoyed the food at Sanaa but the raves surprise me a bit - it was ridiculously overpriced for small portions of standard Indian food. Maybe people never think to actually find an Indian restaurant in their own city so it's a novelty? The atmosphere is certainly not worth the Disney upcharge and hassle getting there.

Dole Whips and School Bread were 2 snacks I never understood.

Zebra dome - everyone raves about them and my family didn't like them. Also BOG breakfast, not a lot of food for a lot of money. The restaurant is cool but not worth it for us.

Aren't Dole Whips just pineapple flavored soft serve? I had one once and never felt
drawn to have another one.

snacks/food: Dole Whip float (The pineapple juice wasn't chilled, which ruined it for us.), School Bread & many of the other fantastic looking pastries. In our experience, most of the pastries look better than they taste.

Restaurants:

Sunshine Seasons - After several tries, we still feel this is a glorified, mall food court with low quality food. Actually, many mall, food courts are better. We'll take any of the WS, CS restaurants over SS.

Raglan Road - We've given RR three tries. So many people here rave about it that I was convinced we were missing something. We all ordered something different each visit trying to find the fantastic menu items that were worthy of being gushed over. Unfortunately, we remain totally perplexed by the rave reviews this restaurant receives. After our third try, DH asked me to please not book this restaurant again. This is the only restaurant he's ever said that about, so that says a lot to me. All of the Irish pubs here have much better food. (FWIW, we live in the Miami area, which isn't exactly a hotbed for Irish restaurants. What we have is much better though.)

Jiko - In our opinion, this is the most disappointing signature restaurant on property based on the rave reviews. We left wondering where the exotic food was. DH ordered short ribs that closely mimicked southern pot roast, but not as good as what we're used to. The other food was equally pedestrian to us & the quality didn't match most of the signature restaurants. On a positive note, one of the two appetizers we ordered was excellent. The other appetizer, both entrees & two desserts were very disappointing. It will be a long time, before we give Jiko another try.

Whispering Canyon Café

The meat was no better than anything I could have bought for five bucks at the grocery store and made at home. The corn-on-the-cob was an insult to corn.

I ate Mickey Bars when I was a kid, and then they carried Haagen Daas at WDW and my food snob parents got me those and I was sold. (I was raised a food snob, I was destined for it...lol.) I definitely haven't had one in 20 years. I've got no issue with ice cream at breakfast. It's not like I eat healthy breakfasts - a croissant with tons of butter and some drinks?

I love DLR's Bengal BBQ. Why can't WDW have bacon wrapped asparagus at a cs?
I'll take Haagen Das over any ice cream inside the parks any day. I'm not a fan of soft serve. If I'm going to pay $$ I want the good stuff. But there's just something about Mickey Bars. I know they're just Dove bars but they're shaped like Mickey! :rotfl: DH will look for any excuse to have one. He's hot, hungry, the sky is blue.

Be Our Guest
Tusker House
Biergarten
Those giant cinnamon rolls that Main St. Bakery had & the ice cream sandwich from there also

For me, literally ALL the buffet character meals.

And everything at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I don't like cinnamon in savory dishes, and have a serious aversion to many spices in Indian and African cuisine (such as curry). I won't even stay at the hotel. The smell from Boma makes my stomach turn.

I'm the same was about "baking spices" in meat dishes lol. That's why I dislike so many Indian dishes.

Me too. The thought of it just, ugh, skeeves me out.

The School Bread was very disappointing when we tried it.

Aren't Dole Whips just pineapple flavored soft serve? I had one once and never felt
drawn to have another one.
They are. Many of the softserve places here sell it. I don't remember it until recently at Disneyland, where my favorite is fresh Dole pineapple juics.

I guess turkey legs are okay, they just aren't good food when you are at a theme park IMHO. More time eating a turkey leg, less time for rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter