Popular Disney foods and restaurants you don't care for?

Turkey Leg

And the San Angel Inn Restaurante at Epcot. I'd put all the countries over it, even the American burger counter service one.

I definitely wouldn't consider San Angel popular; I think many people share your opinion, which is why it's a very easy reservation to get/easy walk up.

Just the turkey leg - it looks disgusting!

We tried a bunch of new foods this past trip, and found most to be quite good. BOG has great options for lunch, IMO. Skipper's Canteen was our best meal, followed by Yak and Yeti.

Of course, I was starving after being sick for the first half of our trip, living off of saltines and breakfast biscuits, so just about everything tasted like heaven!

I don't know that I outright hate anything there, but I do think Dole Whips are overrated. They're just okay to me. I'd rather have Citrus Swirl, but usually I don't even get that. There are other treats I prefer in general, so I don't understand the long lines for these.

the San Angel Inn Restaurante at Epcot. I'd put all the countries over it, even the American burger counter service one.

Sadly I gotta say yes. I am Mexican and my last trip I was really looking forward to finally eating here. The food sadly was not up to par. It was good, but not mind-blowing good.

For me its:
-Churros (I like churros but for their cost in Disney, there is nothing special about them)
-Ohana breakfast (I like the atmosphere and the characters, but the food wasn't all that great imo. My family said it was one of the best breakfasts they had so I dunno. I should point out I am not a fan of scrambled eggs or sausages)
-Pinochios Village Haus
-The American Restaurant in the World Showcase

I was not a fan of the Mickey Beniets (sp) at Disneyland.

Haven't tried them but the smell of the Turkey Legs turns my stomach.

Corn Dogs at the Little Red Wagon were sooooo much better when they were All-Beef.

My biggest disappointments relative to your average Dis board comments really aren't bad. In fact I like them. But comments like To die for leave me scratching my head. Most aren't even to kill for.
Let's get this one started with Dole Whips and Zebra Domes. Really people. Let's get a grip. They're good. But not to die for. Not even to kill for.
Boma in general. I will say every time I've been there, I've loved the soups. But the salad section is just mediocre. The hot items are good, on the whole with a couple of hidden gems. But nothing to match the hype. All in all a good experience and I'd certainly go again. But oh before I forget, don't try the buckwheat bread pudding. Worst bread pudding I've ever had. In fact, stick to the Zebra Domes for desert.

Some places that I thought were genuinely bad that were highly suggested here.
Restaurant Marrakesh. Not the biggest of followings but it had a cult classic type following. Hated it. It was bland. I didn't expect it to be spicy. But we just got none of the delicate blend of spices that were supposed to be there. They brought out chicken that was raw in the middle. Then they tried to just replace the chicken.... uh no. It ran all over the plate. Everything is tainted. I'm sorry to those that love this place but two basic and potentially fatal errors just can't be overlooked. The crepes Atlas for desert was delicious though. I'd go back and just order a couple portions of those in a to go box any time.
Rain Forest Cafe. Huh? That place is nasty. Bland food. Way over cooked. Way over priced.
The eatery in the land in epcot. The Hamburger stand was superior.

More places that didn't deserve the hype but aren't bad.
Columbia Harbor House. Oh you have to go there. It's the bomb. Best place on the property. Sorry. It's a nice place. I liked it. But I'm not seeing best on the property. Not seeing it. What it is is nice and convenient when other places are full and noisy. The menu has gotten some healthier choices over the years too. Not just fried chicken strips and fish any more. This place is easily accessed, especially upstairs. But it's still just average on the food. And if you don't like fish, well your choices are going to be very limited.
Pinochio Village House. Sorry. It was better before the flat breads. They had a couple of hidden gem items back then. I'll agree the rest was Totally Meh. But now it's all Meh.
Gaston's. Gaston deserves a manly man menu like a pork shank. Not Hummus and chips and Froo froo brew. I mean Frozen apple juice with Passion Fruit Mango foam. No. Just. No to Passion Fruit Mango Foam.

You'll find the Dis way over hypes things for good or for ill. I remember all the "Ohana is going to the dogs threads when they changed the desert from pineapple to bread pudding with bananas foster. Woe is Disney dining. It's over folks. Don't bother ever eating at anything Disney again. In fact, don't bother going. The pineapple is gone!!! Huh? That change was an improvement.

I'm glad they added/adding more stuff to Disney Springs.

Didn't like Dinosaur, won't go to Rainforest because I have a rule about going to restaurants on vacation that are near me.

Really excited to try out STK.

......I remember all the "Ohana is going to the dogs threads when they changed the desert from pineapple to bread pudding with bananas foster. Woe is Disney dining. It's over folks. Don't bother ever eating at anything Disney again. In fact, don't bother going. The pineapple is gone!!! Huh? That change was an improvement.
Aj859PT.gif

....:scratchin ....I'm thinking that those turkey legs aren't turkey at all!

....:scratchin ....I'm thinking that those turkey legs aren't turkey at all!

They're Turkey. Disney likes to serve a little Turkey with their sodium. There have been internet myths that they are shot full of steroids to make the legs bigger or that they come from ostrich or emu. But neither is true. They're bigger than your turkey legs at home because they come from Toms rather than Hens.

They're Turkey. Disney likes to serve a little Turkey with their sodium. There have been internet myths that they are shot full of steroids to make the legs bigger or that they come from ostrich or emu. But neither is true. They're bigger than your turkey legs at home because they come from Toms rather than Hens.
.....I know all of this, but it sure makes you wonder.....:thumbsup2 ;)

I'm surprised some say Sunshine Seasons, that's one of our favorite quick serve places. So many things to choose from, and we've always liked what we've ordered there.

For me Be Our Guest was my biggest disappointment last time we were there. The atmosphere was wonderful, but the food wasn't very good. And I didn't understand the praise for the grey stuff. Yuck.

Our last trip we were tag-alongs and the leaders of our group wanted to do the dining plan. We had never done that before, and while we enjoyed it we wouldn't do the table service dining again. DH and I would rather just grab something quick, eat and be done with it so we can get on to other things. We don't go to Disney for the food. My next trip up is in November 2018 with our DD and we're just doing the quick service dining plan. She enjoyed Columbia House the last time she and her DH went, so I'm looking forward to trying that one.

Dole Whip, I can take them or leave them. The first time we had one I really liked it, but the second time it seemed like they had changed and just wasn't as good. I do enjoy a Mickey Bar though. :)

Another vote for turkey legs, here. I just don't get it!

For me its:
-Churros (I like churros but for their cost in Disney, there is nothing special about them)

I recently had an "Oreo churro" and regular ones are forever spoiled for me!

And we've never gone to Whispering Canyon or 50's Prime Time. I simply do not find being embarrassed by CM's entertaining.

Boma's. Meh. Maybe its because the only time we were there the kids were young and tired. I just didn't care for it. We actually ordered a pizza that night which is so odd considering we had a big buffet and it was not an early seating.

More places that didn't deserve the hype but aren't bad.
Columbia Harbor House. Oh you have to go there. It's the bomb. Best place on the property. Sorry. It's a nice place. I liked it. But I'm not seeing best on the property. Not seeing it. What it is is nice and convenient when other places are full and noisy. The menu has gotten some healthier choices over the years too. Not just fried chicken strips and fish any more. This place is easily accessed, especially upstairs. But it's still just average on the food. And if you don't like fish, well your choices are going to be very limited.

Well, I think Columbia Harbor House is the best Quick Service joint in Magic Kingdom, though that's not necessarily a high bar to begin with. It's pretty good though. Best ON PROPERTY? Not by a long shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter