• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR Boat to Downtown Disney Questions

TeenaS

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know the hours the boat runs to and from? Is it a covered boat (in case of rain)? Does it hold a large number of people (like the boats that go from Studios to Yacht & Beach Club)?

Don't know about the hours (except I think they run fairly late in the evening), but they are covered and hold 40-50 folks and can handle a few strollers.

We've stayed at POR 3 times. Boats seemed to always be running whenever we needed them. Really enjoyed taking this mode of transport to DTW.

The last time I stayed at POR in 2001, I believe the time
the boat starts at 4:00 pm and the last one leaves DTD at
11:00.

Both of the times we stayed at the POR the boats started running mid afternoon and the last boat left the Downtown Disney Market Place at 11pm.
All of the boats are covered, but they have some smaller boats that the way the seating is set up, if it was raining you would probably get a little wet.
:D

DD and I took the boat ride from POR to DTD last month. It was raining and the driver said we might have to take the bus back if it started raining heavily. I was glad we had jackets on because the rain and cool weather made the ride very chilly. It was a very nice ride though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter