• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

POR In room safes - how large?

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering how large the in room safes are at POR. We will be bringing our Sony camcorder and wondering if it will fit - I'd rather not haul it everywhere.... It's not one of the minis - but a digital like you see everywhere. Is there a per day cost for the safes?

Thanks for any info - this board is GREAT! :cool:

If I remember correctly they were quite small. Not much depth, however their was no charge. Not sure if you woill get your digi recorder inside.

regards Gumshoe

We stayed in AB in November and, from what I remember, ours was about 2" deep, 8" long and 6" high. That seems about right.

You will probably not be able to fit your camcorder in the safe. We stuck our extra money and credit cards and important papers in the safe. There is also room for a cell phone and PDA but not much else. We just stuck our camcorder in our suitcase on the days we weren't using it. We didn't bother, but I would feel comfortable just sticking it in the suitcase and using a small lock.

Kirby- That's about how big I thought it was. I don't think you could fit any camera in the safe, extra cash, travelers checks, plane info/tickets is all I have used it for. There are safes at all of the parks if you don't want to carry your camera all day. I think it is possible to also check it at the hotel front desk.

I stayed at Port Orleans - French Quarter in October and here is a photo of the room safe that was in my room: click here to view room safe.

I have a very small digital JVC camcorder. It fit (barely) in the wall safe. If your camcorder is very small like mine, then it should fit. In my photo, you'll see my checkbook (beneath the cell phone). For width purposes, pull our your checkbook. If your camcorder is the same width or less than your checkbook, then it should fit.

Very, very small...:(

But......
<marquee direction=right>
flyingssbwelcomebanner.gif
</marquee>

:D Wow! You guys are great - especially the picture - unbelievable! Now I know exactly what will fit. Thanks also for the tip on safes in the parks - I would love to film some things but not to lug it around all day. We are renting a car so maybe we will lock the video camera in the trunk as I know it won't fit in that safe! I'm hoping the parking lot is safe, also. Again, thanks for the welcome - I know I will be posting more ?'s....:bounce:

WDWorld2003, you're welcome. And just look at the "small" safe problem this way -- it's an excuse to purchase a smaller, newer digital camcorder for your upcoming vacation. (I just love justifying purchasing the latest & greatest gadgets!) I've had my eye on one of the newer Sony teeny, tiny digital camcorders. I have decided that I am going to purchase it before my next WDW vacation (even though my present JVC digital camcorder fits in every room safe at WDW -- but please don't remind my husband of that, wink, wink!). Ain't life grand?! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter