Port Everglades and a day to fill.

RllngRckBrw

DIS Veteran
We are returning from a 6 day cruise in April to Fort Lauderdale and have a full day to fill. Currently we are booked on an airboat excursion with RC that drops us at FLL around 1:00 pm. Our flight does not take off until 11:00. Is there something that people recommend we do for the day, either in taking a cab from the airport following an excursion or in canceling it and going from the port. Mind you we need to account for our luggage. We are pretty open to activities and are just looking for something other than sitting in the airport all day.

We are returning from a 6 day cruise in April to Fort Lauderdale and have a full day to fill. Currently we are booked on an airboat excursion with RC that drops us at FLL around 1:00 pm. Our flight does not take off until 11:00. Is there something that people recommend we do for the day, either in taking a cab from the airport following an excursion or in canceling it and going from the port. Mind you we need to account for our luggage. We are pretty open to activities and are just looking for something other than sitting in the airport all day.
The airboat stuff is fun so I’d keep that and drop your luggage off at the airport when done. My recommendation would be to Uber to a water taxi spot in Fort Lauderdale and it will take you to various different spots in the “Venice of America” like different restaurants and bars. This will give you a tour of the waterways in and around fort Lauderdale and then you can grab dinner at one of these places and then Uber back to the airport once you are done.

I would cancel the excursion and rent a car. Put your luggage in the trunk and enjoy your day.
Years ago we did a cruise sponsored airboat, we got to FLL airport too early to check our luggage. We wound up renting a car, and enjoying the afternoon.

I agree with the rental car. We put our luggage in the car and rode the water taxi all over. Had a bite to eat in Hollywood. Went to the beach later that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter