portable nebulizer

MidgeD79

It's a Small World summer of 2017
I need some help finding an organization who will help pay for a portable nebulizer. Insurance won't cover it. It's for my 4 year old grandson. Any ideas?

I just bought one for $128 dollars at my local home health care store, it's an AeroNeb Go. MAybe you could afford that?

Epole around here have told me that they're "hundreds" of dollars. I'll call to get a price for myself.

I have a ProNeb Ultra II for my DD who just turned 3. It's very portable and seems to work really well. (It's our only nebulizer.)

I googled it by the product name and found it selling for about $90 (a little less from eBay.) We have the "pediatric model" which costs a few dollars more. I think the only difference is that the pediatric model comes with a face mask for small children. If you've got a mask with your regular neb, though, you probably don't need that.

Edited to add: Ooops! I just followed the link above and I didn't even realize there were some battery operated nebs. If that's what you're looking for then what I have is not what you want. The ProNeb Ultra II needs electricity, but it's quite small and has a carrying case.

If you can't afford it you might write to Omron or have your peditrician't office contact them on your behalf. A lot of companies will donate if asked. There might be other organizations who help also. I will look around and see if I can find anything for "durable medical equipment".

Here is the Omron website. I would consider contacting them and asking if they do any charitable donations or know of anyone who might. You might also consider asking your grandchild's doctor's staff if they know of anyone who might have one they don't need or where you might ask for assistance. The know the drug reps and equipment reps pretty well. They might be able to help. Good luck. I couldn't find much else.

I'm going to move this thread to the disABILITIES Community Board; that is where non-Disney related questions are usually found.

Midge does he have asthma? If so asthma is covered under Children's Special Health Care Services.

Cindy

What about rental. Have you looked into that? We've found with alot of our DD's equiptment the insurance wouln't pay for the equiptment...but they would "rent" it. Sometime it also depends on how long ago you got a nebulizer....most ins co will approve a new one every so many years...

Kyle does have asthma. Medicaid/CSHCS paid for one about 2 years ago and they will only buy one every 5 years. I called around and a battery-operated portable nebulizer costs $179. I think I'm going to start a letter-writing campaign to different organizations to help offset the costs. Thanks everyone.

We have a Pari Treck S, its very compact and can be used in the car with the power adapter instead of plugging it in. It has been very convenient for us my DD 11 months has to have it every 4 hours we take it every where with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter