PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I am looking for some advice.....

We are a family of 4 and booked two standard rooms for a 9 night stay. I am considering putting us all into 1 Deluxe/Club room. It will save us a good deal of money, but I worry about not having two bathrooms for 4 of us. PBH does not have that great split bathroom like the HRH does - so even though that room seems very large, it is still one person in the bathroom at a time.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Not sure what your ages are but anyone 18 and over is charged an extra $25/night. That can eat into your savings. It is a tough decision. There are two sinks in the bathroom and the bathroom is big, but you are correct in that there is only one bathroom. Have you considered a parlor suite? Not sure if that is cheaper than two rooms. It does have the extra bathroom.

Question about Parlor Suites......I understand there are 12 of them on property......Are they all located in the west wing, and do any of them have balconies? Thanks!

I believe that only the Villa Suites have balconies. The Portofino Suites do not. They are located in the west and villa wings. Not sure about the east wing.

Hello all! I am a Universal Virgin but long time Disney visitor. Hubby has a work event here at Universal PBR. We checked in today and it has been lovely! We have an east wing view of the courtyard.

We have CL access as the work trip perk. It is ok. Better that CL at the poly which I am accumstomed to but I don't think I would pay out of pocket for it since there is just hubby me and DD 16. I can give a more informed review after breakfast

We are heading to the park tomorrow! Our first time! We bought 2 day 2 park ticket.

Still debating on MK for one day Wednesday. We have not been for 5 years so lots of changes since last here.

Btw..rainy all day! Kind of a bummer as we had an early flight. We can navigate the rain at Disney but never being to Universal we just chilled at the hotel.

So any advice, suggestions, must do? I haven't been able to read the threads so much so any info is greatly welcome!

Also WDW did one day? WWYD?

Just my personal opinion - for such a short trip, I would not do WDW. There is so much to see and do at Universal, CityWalk and the Portofino! Also, try jumping on the boats and checking on the other resorts. They are all so different and fun to wander around. And eat at the Chocolate emporium at CityWalk :)
Have a wonderful time! if today is your first day at the parks, enjoy every minute! You are going to love it!

Is it possible to pull up to the front of the hotel to unload luggages then drive to the self-parking lot to park my car??

Here's an odd question... My wife and I both have American Airlines rewards in separate accounts. We are staying 4 days in September. If we were to each book consecutive 2 day stays In the same room type (to forgo having to pay to move points), can we then link the two separate stays somehow to maybe keep one room for all 4 days? TIA

Here's an odd question... My wife and I both have American Airlines rewards in separate accounts. We are staying 4 days in September. If we were to each book consecutive 2 day stays In the same room type (to forgo having to pay to move points), can we then link the two separate stays somehow to maybe keep one room for all 4 days? TIA

You can certainly request it.

On the way home after staying at PBR club level room for 4 nights.... what a lovely hotel! Beds are comfy and the bathroom is huge. Love the shower and the Keurig. Wall safe is tiny but big enough for wallet and regular size iPad. Our room number was 2595 in the villa, which is at the very end of the wing. Just for the reference, room nearby the elevator to the clubroom is 2533.... so we had to walk pass 30 some rooms to get to ours. Well, more excuse to enjoy the bedtime dessert. Our room has a tiny balcony. Our room was close to the beach pool with the slide. It's also facing the park so we got to see the fireworks every night.

It's our first time staying at the club level. The club room was more than what I have expected. Food was ample and delicious. Breakfast was hearty. Dinner menu was different every night. We got to enjoy steak fajitas, shepherd's pie, Asian sweet&sour chicken with rice, and meat ball spaghetti. Lots salad and vegetables. My family were well fed and satisfied.

Water Taxi was convenient. One evening we left the park at closing time. Line at the harbor was loooong. But it was obvious that more boats were dispatched to take ppl back to PBR. We waited for two boats later and it was only 10 minutes of wait.

Want to make a special mention of Captain Tash. He was our captain on the 4th day in the morning. He made our 5 minutes ride a party. What a great start of the day! Hope you will get to ride his boat during your stay.

Pls let me know if you have any questions that I can help you.

Attachments

• IMG_6859.JPG
    IMG_6859.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7189.JPG
    IMG_7189.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7191.JPG
    IMG_7191.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 64
On the way home after staying at PBR club level room for 4 nights.... what a lovely hotel! Beds are comfy and the bathroom is huge. Love the shower and the Keurig. Wall safe is tiny but big enough for wallet and regular size iPad. Our room number was 2595 in the villa, which is at the very end of the wing. Just for the reference, room nearby the elevator to the clubroom is 2533.... so we had to walk pass 30 some rooms to get to ours. Well, more excuse to enjoy the bedtime dessert. Our room has a tiny balcony. Our room was close to the beach pool with the slide. It's also facing the park so we got to see the fireworks every night.

It's our first time staying at the club level. The club room was more than what I have expected. Food was ample and delicious. Breakfast was hearty. Dinner menu was different every night. We got to enjoy steak fajitas, shepherd's pie, Asian sweet&sour chicken with rice, and meat ball spaghetti. Lots salad and vegetables. My family were well fed and satisfied.

Water Taxi was convenient. One evening we left the park at closing time. Line at the harbor was loooong. But it was obvious that more boats were dispatched to take ppl back to PBR. We waited for two boats later and it was only 10 minutes of wait.

Want to make a special mention of Captain Tash. He was our captain on the 4th day in the morning. He made our 5 minutes ride a party. What a great start of the day! Hope you will get to ride his boat during your stay.

Pls let me know if you have any questions that I can help you.

Glad you had such a lovely stay at PBH.........and thank you for taking the time to review it in this thread......we appreciate it.......:)

Hello! We are going to take a trip to universal, I'm very excited- mostly because DH is looking forward to it (he is not a Disney fan).

Does anyone know what areas the deluxe queen rooms are in? From the description, it sounds like Villas and West wing - "views of the villa or beach pools," but then I saw a picture with a caption that said "deluxe queen with harbor view," which could also mean East.

Also, the only request I put in was "high floor," but can call back. Are there better areas than others for this type of room?

Thank you!

Hello, I am staying in a club level room. I understand the lounge is in the lobby. I would prefer to be close to the loung and beach or villa pool. What should I request? Thank you

We are staying in a deluxe room checking in Aug 30th. When should we make our request for the west wing?

We are staying in a deluxe room checking in Aug 30th. When should we make our request for the west wing?

I would do it now.

Rooms are assigned usually 5 days out. Have the request on your reservation before that :thumbsup2

i had asked this previously, hopefully someone can assist. what would be a good request for club level room to be centrally located between lounge and beach or villa pool? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!