PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I have booked the 2 queen deluxe for 1 night and club 2 queen another (split stay for 4 days EP). How do I request a room with a pullout sofa? Is calling a few days before we arrive ok?

I have booked the 2 queen deluxe for 1 night and club 2 queen another (split stay for 4 days EP). How do I request a room with a pullout sofa? Is calling a few days before we arrive ok?

I don't think any of the 2 queen rooms have a pullout sofa. I think it is limited kings have the pullout sofa. You should probably call to ask. There really isn't enough room in the 2 queen room to also have a pullout sofa.

Here is a picture of the deluxe king which looks like it has the pullout chair.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3684/9133901049_43f930ab3b.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think any of the 2 queen rooms have a pullout sofa. I think it is limited kings have the pullout sofa. You should probably call to ask. There really isn't enough room in the 2 queen room to also have a pullout sofa.

Here is a picture of the deluxe king which looks like it has the pullout chair.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3684/9133901049_43f930ab3b.jpg
Thank you! I thought it did but maybe that was HRH. Air Mattress it is lol!

I went back to look at the pictures of the rooms.
It shows both king and 2 queen rooms.

With you having 3 in the room, probably best to choose the 2 Queen beds so no need to rent a rollaway bed for your teen.
The deluxe room will have more sq footage than the standard rooms.

The king deluxe does not have a sofa bed.

From UO website info regarding the bay 2 queen deluxe rooms:

Portofino Bay Hotel – deluxe rooms
These elegantly-appointed accommodations offer an even larger living space at 490 square feet, plus a stylish and roomy bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower. In addition to the extra comfort, you’ll enjoy a view of the serene Villa Pool and surrounding gardens, or the dramatic Roman aqueduct-styled Beach Pool.

• 490 square feet
  • Features crown molding and a stylish bathroom with a separate tub and shower. There is an elegant opening with shutters between the bathroom and bedroom area
  • Inventory of 171 rooms: 28 king, 143 double queen
  • No sofa beds in king rooms; limited sofa beds in double queen rooms (request only)
  • Connecting rooms can be king to double queen or double queen to double queen
  • This is a great option for a family of five people who want more space and want the opportunity to request a room with a sofa bed

Thank you! I thought it did but maybe that was HRH. Air Mattress it is lol!
I knew I read that somewhere! Thank you!!

And then right below mac's post we have someone saying they had a pullout in their king room, contradicting the written information from the UO website. I think that the information copied to that post about no pullouts in kings and limited in queens is not accurate. That's why I recommended contacting the hotel. If you look at all the photos (and from personal experience staying there), there really isn't enough room for a pullout in the double queen room.

I think the info from here is more accurate ... http://stayinguniversal.com/resorts/portofino-bay-resort/room-descriptions/

Last edited:

Noticed the copyright date on that damo was 2015-17

No idea if it is current

I can’t keep up when each hotel does their remodeling
Lol

Noticed the copyright date on that damo was 2015-17

No idea if it is current

I can’t keep up when each hotel does their remodeling
Lol

Portofino hasn't been updated since then and since we've already seen contradictions to the info posted from the UO website, I'm tending to believe they were a little confuzzled. It just doesn't make sense that there would be a pullout in the 2 queen room and none in the king rooms....but...who knows.

The stayinguniversal.com website belongs to one of the posters on the Disboards here, @Smuggs . Maybe they will chime in. I'll do a bit more digging.

Last edited:
I’ve been searching also and trying to make sure the stickers are up to date

If you find more than I have, give me a heads up

I have a friend that just left PBH and will check with her if she knows anything

She stays there quite a few times each year

Does anyone here have a tree nut allergy? I booked club level at PBH for one night. My son has a tree nut allergy. I'm hoping they have something he can eat. I'm debating on switching to RPR.

Does anyone here have a tree nut allergy? I booked club level at PBH for one night. My son has a tree nut allergy. I'm hoping they have something he can eat. I'm debating on switching to RPR.

You should contact the hotel Club Lounge concierge directly and they’ll let you know what they can do for your son.

They are incredibly helpful.

I just called the hotel to find out about pool activities when we go and they said they have no way to blow up pool floats because they don't sell them like cabana bay does. Is that true as I just saw pictures of a stand selling floats at both Hard Rock and Portofino bay.

I just called the hotel to find out about pool activities when we go and they said they have no way to blow up pool floats because they don't sell them like cabana bay does. Is that true as I just saw pictures of a stand selling floats at both Hard Rock and Portofino bay.

Did you talk to concierge or the front desk?

Try calling the cabana rental number as my guess they would be up to date on all info and be aware if staff has the air tank to blow up the water floats

Did you talk to concierge or the front desk?

Try calling the cabana rental number as my guess they would be up to date on all info and be aware if staff has the air tank to blow up the water floats

I talked to Concierge and they gave me the impression that they don't sell floats.

Instead of closing this thread, which would be a shame since it is a sticky, will be removing RunnerGirl333 post.

Ways to circumvent hotel policies are not allowed.

RunnerGirl333, please read the Disboard rules.

Instead of closing this thread, which would be a shame since it is a sticky, will be removing RunnerGirl333 post.

Ways to circumvent hotel policies are not allowed.

RunnerGirl333, please read the Disboard rules.

I understand...my apologies. I have looked into another club level room for our stay. So my next question is how crowded does the lounge get during breakfast and dinner hours? I don't want to feel rushed while eating if people are waiting and/or standing around. It seems easier to have the Club Level access and not worry about where to eat. Do you feel like club level is worth the extra cost (especially for 2 rooms)?
Thank you!

This is the sticky for PBH.
If you look about 13 posts up, you will read a menu that another poster, Bobbie68 has listed.
Top of this page is where you will see the menu for the time period Bobbie68 was there this month.
Menus change regularly.

Suggest you read the sticky from page 1 where you will find the general information you are seeking.
You can check the club hours and set up.

When you book club, you should receive an email a week out from your arrival.
It will give you basic info that you are seeking.
And, it will include a phone number and email where you can contact Club lounge prior to your arrival.
This will help you with getting direct answers from the TM that work the club lounge.

For me, club is only worth it if I have a long stay.
I spend a lot of time in the parks, city walk and meeting up with friends so only use the club lounge at my convenience.

I hit it for breakfast most mornings and I don't return to the lounge for the appetizers and offerings in the evening, but maybe once or twice.
I grab a few water bottles and soda at that time to take with me to the park.

You will have turn down service in the hotel.
Water bottles are usually left in the room sometime in the evenings when staff do your room.
You can set the time period that you wish to have turn down service once at the hotel.

If I only had a short stay of 3 days, I would skip it as it would take away from my park time and city walk.

If it is worth it, depends on the family

Read some of the trip reports in the 4th forum in this section.
Find the threads of those that stayed at PBH and see how they handled club offerings
That might give you a heads up if it will fit your families needs.

Hope this helps you!

Hi,

thinking of ordering an air mattress from Amazon and having it delivered to the hotel for our arrival. Does the hotel charge fees to receive deliveries such as these?

Cheers

Dean

I have never read anyone state they were charged a holding fee at the hotel.

Last time I had anything sent to me at another hotel/rpr, it was held at the business office for me to pick up and there was no charge.
I had documents sent to me as our house sold while I was on vacation and had the forms sent over night to me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!