PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Depending on how fast you walk it’s easily 5-10 more minutes longer than the RPR walk, also depending on where you’re room is could be further, FYI the west wing is nearby the boat dock, the boats are often and not much longer than at RPR just a few minutes and they come fairly often maybe a 10 to 20 minute wait we have never experienced a longer wait than that at PBR anyways.

Thanks! I think we’ll plan on taking the boat!

Staying at PBH right now. We have noticed a bit of construction on a few rooms, but nothing that we could hear from our room and it hasn't detracted from our stay.

Also, when we checked in, I asked about getting a full balcony room (we reserved a club room). They put us in 2663 which is on the top floor, full balcony facing the main pool. It has a very nice view. I think 2665 also has a full balcony with a similar view. I'll probably start asking for either of these rooms on future visits. :)

Is this a king or two queen room?

Staying at PBH right now. We have noticed a bit of construction on a few rooms, but nothing that we could hear from our room and it hasn't detracted from our stay.

Also, when we checked in, I asked about getting a full balcony room (we reserved a club room). They put us in 2663 which is on the top floor, full balcony facing the main pool. It has a very nice view. I think 2665 also has a full balcony with a similar view. I'll probably start asking for either of these rooms on future visits. :)

Sounds like you are staying far away from the noise. Perhaps they stopped putting guests in the rooms adjacent to construction?

It is a beautiful resort, and I wish our stay hadn't been marred by the noise. Live music from the balcony, and I've heard (from Italians who live in Orlando) that the Italian restaurant there is the best in the area. We just couldn't get away from there quick enough!

2665 is my favorite room at PBR! Just love the balcony and used it often.

Just came back from a trip that included my 33rd wedding anniversary and it was fantastic. It dawned on me while there just how remarkable it is that the Portofino Bay has kept up the high level of service we experienced on our first visit in 2000 until now - and for the 180-ish nights we've stayed there almost every year in between. That kind of consistent management - probably through multiple management changes - is unheard of. I'm so appreciative to have a vacation destination that eliminates any worry of getting my money's worth and removes any anxiety about trying to select the best accommodations for my next trip. But I'm most appreciative that the PBH now carries the same nostalgia for my kids that the Magic Kingdom used to have for me - and now my kids are able to share that experience with their kids.

Rides can change, or be removed. Rides that were impressive as a child can lose their luster as an adult. However, when your memories are tied primarily to the home base of your hotel - the rides, parks and restaurants simply become amenities that don't diminish from the nostalgia when they change from what they were in the past. Without that consistent superb service, we would have never had the opportunity to now have something that special - because I don't tolerate bad experiences very well and would have likely hopped to a different resort by now. :D

Anyone working there needs to know that all those many little things they do don't go unnoticed and are greatly appreciated.

Due to a $300 price difference we are moving on our last day from Portifino to Rosen Inn. I understand that we can use the pool until midnight and keep the luggage at the concierge. I see that there is a shower in the fitness/spa area but does anyone know if I have to pay for that? We are club level but I am concerned those benefits end after 11:00 a.m. Thanks!

Due to a $300 price difference we are moving on our last day from Portifino to Rosen Inn. I understand that we can use the pool until midnight and keep the luggage at the concierge. I see that there is a shower in the fitness/spa area but does anyone know if I have to pay for that? We are club level but I am concerned those benefits end after 11:00 a.m. Thanks!

You can use the pool and spa facilities after you check out, no issues there.

Just came back from a trip that included my 33rd wedding anniversary and it was fantastic. It dawned on me while there just how remarkable it is that the Portofino Bay has kept up the high level of service we experienced on our first visit in 2000 until now - and for the 180-ish nights we've stayed there almost every year in between. That kind of consistent management - probably through multiple management changes - is unheard of. I'm so appreciative to have a vacation destination that eliminates any worry of getting my money's worth and removes any anxiety about trying to select the best accommodations for my next trip. But I'm most appreciative that the PBH now carries the same nostalgia for my kids that the Magic Kingdom used to have for me - and now my kids are able to share that experience with their kids.

Rides can change, or be removed. Rides that were impressive as a child can lose their luster as an adult. However, when your memories are tied primarily to the home base of your hotel - the rides, parks and restaurants simply become amenities that don't diminish from the nostalgia when they change from what they were in the past. Without that consistent superb service, we would have never had the opportunity to now have something that special - because I don't tolerate bad experiences very well and would have likely hopped to a different resort by now. :D

Anyone working there needs to know that all those many little things they do don't go unnoticed and are greatly appreciated.
I could not agree more with this. Just got back from a 4 night stay at PBH and was completely wow'ed by the resort. The staff were very friendly, helpful, and really took pride in the hotel. While the hotel is starting to show some age, it is still beautiful. The larger rooms (we had a deluxe 2 Queen room) really allowed the 4 of us to spread out. We stayed in CB and RPH in the past and all agreed that PBH was the best by far. We were fortunate to get have warm enough weather to eat dinner on the patio at Bice at sunset. When the opera singer started, it totally made the evening perfect. I really want to try HRH, but will have a hard time going anywhere besides PBH...

I could not agree more with this. Just got back from a 4 night stay at PBH and was completely wow'ed by the resort. The staff were very friendly, helpful, and really took pride in the hotel. While the hotel is starting to show some age, it is still beautiful. The larger rooms (we had a deluxe 2 Queen room) really allowed the 4 of us to spread out. We stayed in CB and RPH in the past and all agreed that PBH was the best by far. We were fortunate to get have warm enough weather to eat dinner on the patio at Bice at sunset. When the opera singer started, it totally made the evening perfect. I really want to try HRH, but will have a hard time going anywhere besides PBH...

We’ll be there soon, so I’m happy to hear this! Any recommendations on what to eat at Bice as well? :) Mama Dellas I think I’m already decided, but not sure on what to get at Bice. We have rezzies for both.

We’ll be there soon, so I’m happy to hear this! Any recommendations on what to eat at Bice as well? :) Mama Dellas I think I’m already decided, but not sure on what to get at Bice. We have rezzies for both.
My wife had tortelloni and I had Branzino; we both liked our dishes. The kids had the penne pasta, which was good but a bit too spicy (and I tend to like spicy foods)...

I posted this on the main hotel forum, but wanted to post here as well.

If anyone stayed at Portofino around December 9, when the room charge system was down, check your credit cards. We were charged $700 ($100/day) as an actual charge instead of just a hold, and were told at check out on 12/14 it would be credited, but it still didn’t hit the account. So my wife called today and was told it was because of the system outage during our stay, that all credits have to be processed manually. Basically it would never have hit if we didn’t call!

Ps — aside from that, we really liked our stay here!

We have just moved our CL stay from HR to PBR for the larger rooms. I have a quick question for you all, I read back, but didn't see it. My kids go to bed relatively early even on vacation at 8pm (they wake up by 6am no matter what), so quiet around that time is especially important to us. Is there a room area request that we should make? I have read about pool noise at other resorts in trip reports, and would NOT enjoy hearing loud music until late at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!