PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Thank you! We ended up just booking the King at $328. I'll keep my eye on it.

When I booked it, it said a deposit for 1 room night room and tax was going to be charged, it hasn't been charged yet. Does anyone know when they typically charge for that?

It’s usually within a few days, as long as you got a confirmation email your good!

So we switched our Disney trip to a Universal trip this summer. Lost our FD rate at Disney and we still have AP’s for Universal so it was a no brainer

We booked a club room and I was wondering if any of these rooms have patios or balconies. Last year we had a wonderful bay view room with a patio but we are bringing our 17 month old grandson this time so figured the extra space in the deluxe room and the convenience of club level was worth it this time

Thanks!

So we switched our Disney trip to a Universal trip this summer. Lost our FD rate at Disney and we still have AP’s for Universal so it was a no brainer

We booked a club room and I was wondering if any of these rooms have patios or balconies. Last year we had a wonderful bay view room with a patio but we are bringing our 17 month old grandson this time so figured the extra space in the deluxe room and the convenience of club level was worth it this time

Thanks!

Yes some of them do, you could request one and maybe one would be available. Portofino club rooms are typically in the villa area, although they can technically be anywhere in the resort.

Does anyone know when the hotel will reopen? We have a trip booked for November and though I'm sure it will be open long before then I can't seem to find anything about when.

I’m sure they will add it once the hotel is ready to have guests again.
Some remodeling was being done at the hotel but don’t remember if it was completely finished when hotels reopened

If Loews is keeping with lower occupancy for the present open hotels, they will open the last two when needed is my guess....

I prefer not to post about how the hotels are now as it’s an ongoing change as needed.
Those that read threads might not see new changes and policy.

I might close threads when they become outdated on current information

Does anyone know when the hotel will reopen? We have a trip booked for November and though I'm sure it will be open long before then I can't seem to find anything about when.

July was the date I read about. No specific date though, but it`ll certainly be open for you in November.

For anyone who has stayed in one of the Despicable Me Suites, are the kids beds as small as they look in the picture? Will my 14 year old who is about 5'6" fit? I would assume so, but the pictures on the website make the beds look tiny. Thanks!!

I have been told by check-in agents that the balcony rooms were deluxe rooms or suites, but that was just what I was told. I can say that not all balcony rooms are bayview. I was able to get a pool view balcony room the last time I stayed at PBR (it was a very nice view and it was a deluxe room.)

I asked for a balcony room when I checked in (and was lucky enough they were able to get me one.) :) I had reserved a club room (which is a deluxe room.)

For anyone who has stayed in one of the Despicable Me Suites, are the kids beds as small as they look in the picture? Will my 14 year old who is about 5'6" fit? I would assume so, but the pictures on the website make the beds look tiny. Thanks!!

There`s not much info out there on the size, but I found these two posts with descriptions, one is a video. It is quite hard to see the actual size of them and I agree they do look very small.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/minion-kid-suite-portofino-bay.3694756/

Post #4 has the video on this thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...ds-pet-policy-question.3660861/#post-58742402
If you do go and have the suite, please come back and let us know how it was for size. Would appreciate it.

Does anyone know if West Wing has garden view rooms? We are thinking of switching to PB from WDW in Nov. I love the location of the West Wing building. Want to be near boats.

Not sure about garden view rooms bit we had a great bay view west wing room last year. It was first floor and we had a great patio looking out to the boat dock!
Love West Wing we had the big stone balcony overlooking bay and boats.

Just got an email from UO about my July reservation. TM I spoke to said they just found out Portofino will be closed until July 31st. I was offered a $50 dining credit for the inconvenience and they switched my reservation to HRH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter