Portofino, please tell me about it!

crazyme5kids

DIS Veteran
I see so much about the HRH but not much about Portofino. Please tell me about it. We will be staying there for two nights next weekend. Give me some info and make me oohhh and aaaahhhh.....

We stayed at Portofino last September for 3 nights. The resort itself was beautiful...enchanting. We honestly did feel like we were in a small city in Italy. There were several italian deli's and restaurants, gift stores/boutiques, soft italian music playing at all times. There were 3 pools, I believe. There was a beach pool with music and privacy at the same time. It was very well themed. Included "waitresses" who served us drinks and food. The other pool had cabanas. And the last pool was pretty basic, kind of on the opposite end of the other pools, I think called the harbour pool. We used it when we wanted privacy because it isn't that popular being that the other 2 pools are so awesome. Oh, and I should mention all of the jacuzzi's/whirlpools at the 2 main pool areas. It was all just too beautiful for words.

Crazy ... be sure and post when you get back! We're staying there in June (finally, our first "non-Dis" experience) I'm like you... keep seeing all these wonderful posts about HRH and not much about PB. DD fell in love with the pics of PB though, so that's where we'll be. I'm sure we'll love it, but at the same time I keep having these thoughts that maybe we should be at HRH instead!?! Plus... we didn't manage any of these "great rates" I keep seeing everyone getting at HRH! Let me know what you think! And have a fantastic trip! :-)

How were the rooms? we need two connecting and a crib. We were originally going to stay just one night(sun.) at the hard rock, but we needed a place to stay for Sat. night. My husband really didn't want to check in and out of three different hotels on this trip, so portofino had the two nights avalible, the hard rock didn't. I think we made the right choice.
TJA, did the other pool with the cabanas serve food and drinks? Which one would you suggest for a wide age range (small children and teenagers and the worn out from driving mom and dad). I know food and drink by the pool will really appeal to my husband. Did you try the spa or gym? I am surprising my dh with a hot stone massage. Any restaurant suggestions?
SouthernMom, I will give you a report when we come back. Your not alone when it comes to not being able to get the fantastic rates, I couldn't either.

We just got back from Orlando last night. We arrived at the Portofino on 3/7 and checked out on 3/9 for the Disney Cruise. This is the first time we had stayed off Disney properties and boy were we impressed. We loved the theme of the Portofino, my husband and son (11 years old) loved the beautiful theme. We walked to the park our first day and really enjoyed the lovely pathways to the park.

The rooms are very large and comfortable. The beautiful queen size beds are high off the ground like we have at home and were the most comfortable bedding I have ever slept on away from home. We loved this resort and look forward to returning in the future.

Hard Rock was also a beautiful hotel and we might stay there, but it will be hard to talk my family in leaving the Portofino.

Portofino:
*Relaxing
*Beautiful
*Italian village
*3 pools, Villa(with cabanas), Hillside(quiet) & Beach (with slide)
*Great restaurants, Mama dellas- great traditonal Italian food in a homestyle atmosphere, Trattoria Del Porta- Family restaurants with TV & small tables for kids, but great adult food & nice atmosphere, Delfino Riviera- Romantic upscale restaurant, also a pizzeria market style and an ice-cream place with yummy gelato. Beach & Villa pools have food service.
*gardens galore
*Large comfortable rooms, comfy beds, cozy comforters, stereos, Italian tile in bathrooms.
*Elegant lobby
*two lounges, Bar American-elegant & relaxing, The thirsty Fish, a fun sports bar overlooking the bay.
*Wonderful Spa services
*great service
*****************You will love it! :)

I'm finally getting around to thanking everyone for making me say ooohhhh, aaahhhhhh. sounds great. maybe some places are best kept a little secret.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter