• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible Disneyland, LA area, and San Deigo

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
Ok, I'll tell you what I know.

My boyfriend loves CA and hates FL. But I made a deal with him, we'll go to Disney World next, then CA in another two years after that (basically because we will need to rent a car, and you can't do so until you're 25). I don't know anything about CA, so I'm looking for some help.

He wants to go to San Deigo, but I'm not gonna fly all the way to CA and not go to Disneyland. When is the best time to go? (I'm looking for low crowds, and decent weather)? Also, what hotels are nearby that aren't Disney hotels? Going to both Disneyland and California Disney, how many days would you assume at each park?

Also, if you guys know any really good websites on Disneyland (like allearsnet.com) please let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Hi there,

Good value times to come to CA are May (the weather is beautiful), September (still very warm here, not humid) when the kids go back to school, October-December. Jan-Feb are our rainy seasons, and the weather is very unpredictable, it can be in the 80s one day and two days later start to rain and be cold.

A good deluxe hotel is the Sheraton.
I recommend Ramada Inn Maingate for an economy hotel - it is within walking distance.
Good moderate hotels, located right across the street, would be Howard Johnson, Candy Cane (a little more expensive), Best Western Park Place Inn, Tropicana Inn, and Carousel Inn. If you like nice pools then I recommend HoJo, Coast, Tropicana, Ramada Inn Maingate.

Also, going to either DL or DGC during midweek is better than the weekend. Less crowds to deal with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter