possible Key West trade?

MikeBW

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about a Key West trade for next year. Does anyone have any advice about Key West for a family? We have a DS 13 and DD 12. Will they see things that will effect them for life in Key West? They won't be roaming Duval St at 2 AM (I might :cool1: ). Any advice from someone who has been there would be great.

My mom and dad and brother-in-law and sister went to Key West a few years ago. They stayed at Hyatt Winward Point (I would definitely try for one of the Hyatt vacation club properties). My family said it was the nicest timeshare they had ever stayed in - fantastic.

The family said they ventured out during the day time and didn't see too much "cover your eyes stuff". But a little bit. ;) They saw a Disney cruise ship (and lots of other cruise ships).

They did a boat tour that they said was really fun.

I would look over on the cruise line board and do a search and see what it brings up as far as Key West and kids.

We stayed at Windward Pointe in June. The resort is very nice but close to the airport. The noise wasn't an issue though. My family consists of three kids, 12, 14, 17. There wasn't anything we came across that would have offended my children. Be prepared to pay for parking (around $10-15)anywhere you go. We did a snorkel trip on a private boat and had a great time. I highly recommend it. We used Dreamchaser charters and they were fantastic. We hung out on Duval street, but after two trips there we had enough. We did the pirate museum which was interesting but pricey. There are two beaches that we saw that looked okay but of course the keys are not known for their beaches. After three days we were ready to leave Key West and I don't think we would return; however, I am glad we went.

We are thinking about a Key West trade for next year. ... Will they see things that will effect them for life in Key West?

Maybe if you go during FantasyFest week. :rotfl2: I believe it is usually mid to late OCT. (just before Halloween). We went many years ago (before digital cameras we popular) and were concerned whether the photo place would actually print some of the pictures or not. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter