Possible to add extra days to a 5-day Park Hopper ticket?

Aravan24

DISboards Jedi Master
My wife and I are visiting in September for a 7 days. We already have tickets for the Oogie Boogie Bash for one night of our trip and will use our early access to the park that day in lieu of a day off our 5-day tickets. However, that still leaves us with one day we won't be able to visit the parks.

I'm curious if it's possible to add an extra day to that 5-day park hopper ticket at a discounted rate our would I need to buy a separate 1-day ticket? If buying a regular-priced 1-day ticket is required, we'd probably lean towards doing a 2nd Oogie Boogie Bash for basically the same cost.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rob

You would need to purchase a separate 1-day ticket. DL maxes out at 5 day tickets.

You could upgrade to an AP depending on how the math works for you and the block calendar.

DLR maxes out at 5 days. We go for 10-14 day trips in WDW and found 5 days sufficient. We were there a week and took a couple of rest days - spent one whale watching ($15pp on Groupon!) and enjoying the beach.

It's unlikely that you'd come out ahead (or even break even) with APs as they're priced now if you just have the one trip planned. (Or, sometimes, even if you have more than one trip planned...APs are pretty pricey these days.)

You might consider local area attractions (the beach, Knotts, a water park, even Universal if that appeals to you, LA stuff) for that 7th day. Or do the two parties if you'd rather. :) You really can do all of DLR in 5 days plus a party (and much of it multiple times), so don't worry about missing anything.

They used to offer up to 8 day tickets, but sadly changed it to 5 days around 2012-2013. We wrote letters and e-mails and tried to get Disney to change that new policy, to no avail. So yes . . you could buy a 1- day ticket, buy an annual pass, or spend the day doing something else. We just did 7 nights in November and we used 1 day to go to the dark side (Universal Hollywood). It is a long drive due to traffic ( 2 hours each way, and we drove it 4 times because of flying in and out of Burbank, and it didn't matter time of day or day of the week, it was 2 hours every time), but we did love Harry Potter land.

The flex pass with maxpass is $699 so you could upgrade on the last day of your 5 day (to avoid blackouts/reservations needed) and then if you just did even one weekend trip later in the year it would have paid for itself.

I miss the days when they used to offer longer passes. This was years ago but I remember getting a 10 day hopper pass for flight center. Not sure if that was a special promo for Canadian or not though.

Ya, I wish they offered more days also. I would probably do the party twice or have a pool day and rest my poor feet in the middle of my trip. :)

I just dont understand why people from other countries are able to get tickets that are longer then 5 days but people from the States cant. Its just not right IMO. Whether its a 10 hour flight or a 3 hour flight its still a trek and you are still spending money there. Makes zero sense to me.

I just dont understand why people from other countries are able to get tickets that are longer then 5 days but people from the States cant. Its just not right IMO. Whether its a 10 hour flight or a 3 hour flight its still a trek and you are still spending money there. Makes zero sense to me.
We drive 23 hours each way from Canada and can't get more than 5 days either. I'm not begrudging the Australians, but would love the same options!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter