Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I notice SWA pricing for the same flight changes throughout the day. Is there a pattern to this, like certain times of the day or is this completely random?

For example, one flight today from Dallas to MCO has been $184, $214, $224 and $246. Right now it is $214.
SWA has a price load into their system each morning and it is set to fluctuate based upon multiple factors. Fares for December will mostly hold steady for the first 3 months after release.

The pricing is the same for all people on all computers for the same flight. What they do "record" is how many times a particular flight is searched compared to purchased.

SOURCE: Used to work for SWA.
Why is it I can look on safari on my phone and thru google on my computer at the exact same time and have different prices? Even taking into account that the prices may fluctuate from one min to the next, if I refresh both, and neither prices change, then it isn't because of the price fluctuation or it would change on both my phone and computer. If its say 200 on safari and 225 on my computer, and I refresh and those prices remain the same, it's not due to a fluctuation.

Why is it I can look on safari on my phone and thru google on my computer at the exact same time and have different prices? Even taking into account that the prices may fluctuate from one min to the next, if I refresh both, and neither prices change, then it isn't because of the price fluctuation or it would change on both my phone and computer. If its say 200 on safari and 225 on my computer, and I refresh and those prices remain the same, it's not due to a fluctuation.
I just tried this and in my case, Safari, Google, DuckDuck and Freespoke all have the same pricing. I used my laptop, work computer and my phone. Weird you see something different.

I just tried this and in my case, Safari, Google, DuckDuck and Freespoke all have the same pricing. I used my laptop, work computer and my phone. Weird you see something different.
This was a few months ago when I booked a flight. I always check multiple ways because the internet told me too lol. And more than once it's been different pricing

This was a few months ago when I booked a flight. I always check multiple ways because the internet told me too lol. And more than once it's been different pricing
I am in an IT room at the moment (worst place to be at work LOL). I tried 6 different scenarios. All 6 produced the same result. I even cleared everything on each device before keying in details.

At the end of the day I guess none of this matters. I bought my tickets. I have already received 20K points back. If I get more great, if not, well, I have my tickets.

Last edited:
we fly from mco to bdl on may 2, when I bought the tickets I never added ebci. Would it be pointless to add it this late? 2 adults.
I'm curious, does anyone know if the computer checks everyone in at 36 hours in the order they booked their flight or in the order they booked their early bird?
I've always purchased both at the same time but this post made me wonder.

@momtwoboys I was going to give my opinion on whether or not it was pointless but realized I need to know this bit first :)

I'm curious, does anyone know if the computer checks everyone in at 36 hours in the order they booked their flight or in the order they booked their early bird?
I've always purchased both at the same time but this post made me wonder.

@momtwoboys I was going to give my opinion on whether or not it was pointless but realized I need to know this bit first :)
WGA and WGA+ the Boarding position is assigned based on when you purchased EBCI
Anytime Fare the Boarding position is assigned based on when you purchased the ticket since Anytime Fare now comes with EBCI included in the fare.

As far as we know (this is how SWA had been for years before the introduction of WGA+ and Anytime Fare getting EBCI included) a passenger who books WGA+ has higher priority of EBCI assignment over a passenger who books WGA. Anytime Fare Boarding position has higher priority over WGA+ (and byproduct over WGA).

WGA and WGA+ the Boarding position is assigned based on when you purchased EBCI
Anytime Fare the Boarding position is assigned based on when you purchased the ticket since Anytime Fare now comes with EBCI included in the fare.

As far as we know (this is how SWA had been for years before the introduction of WGA+ and Anytime Fare getting EBCI included) a passenger who books WGA+ has higher priority of EBCI assignment over a passenger who books WGA. Anytime Fare Boarding position has higher priority over WGA+ (and byproduct over WGA).
Thanks! I was curious after the poster above us asked their question.

Personally, I always buy the WGA+ now for the EBCI priority over WGA. Our boarding positions were becoming worse and worse with just the WGA and EBCI.

we fly from mco to bdl on may 2, when I bought the tickets I never added ebci. Would it be pointless to add it this late? 2 adults.
I wouldn't say it's pointless, but you'll surely be close to if not the last of those with EBCI. I would do it because I value getting on as early as possible over the cost of the EBCI. Heck, I've even bought the upgrade to A1-15 after paying for EBCI when I didn't like the position that I was given 🤣 but that's just me and everyone has to do their own cost versus benefit calculation!

I'd say do it. I just flew from MDW to MCO; I just purchased the flights and EBCI about a month ago. I got A-45, which for a flight from Chicago to Orlando is really good. So you still might get a decent position.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter