Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

So, I booked our flights for December last week, at $112 per person each way, and paid for ebci. Now they’re down to $99. How can I change to the cheaper price and keep my ebci? Do I just click on the “change” flight button and rechoose the same flights to get the new price but keep my ebci? I’ve never had prices go down before so I’m clueless!
Yes. Use the "Change" option and then select the same flight at the new, lower price. You will get Travel Funds in the amount of the difference in the fare, or points back if you booked with points.

By using the "Change" option, your confirmation number stays the same. EBCI is tied to the confirmation number, so your EBCI will still be connected to your reservation. If you cancel and rebook, you get a new reservation with a number confirmation number and your EBCI will be lost.

ETA: That should read "you get a new reservation with a NEW confirmation number", not "number confirmation number".

Last edited:
Yes. Use the "Change" option and then select the same flight at the new, lower price. You will get Travel Funds in the amount of the difference in the fare, or points back if you booked with points.

By using the "Change" option, your confirmation number stays the same. EBCI is tied to the confirmation number, so your EBCI will still be connected to your reservation. If you cancel and rebook, you get a new reservation with a number confirmation number and your EBCI will be lost.

Thank you! I successfully changed it and got a $103 credit! Woohoo! And it still shows my ebci, so nothing weird happened, thank goodness.

Thank you! I successfully changed it and got a $103 credit! Woohoo! And it still shows my ebci, so nothing weird happened, thank goodness.
Great! Be sure to save that confirmation number. You will need it in the future when you want to access the Travel Funds you earned by repricing your flight.

If wanna get away is showing up as sold out, does that mean there is no chance of seeing the price on that particular flight go down? Didn’t want to waste my time continuously checking, but also didn’t want to miss out if sometimes additional spots are added for whatever reason!

If wanna get away is showing up as sold out, does that mean there is no chance of seeing the price on that particular flight go down? Didn’t want to waste my time continuously checking, but also didn’t want to miss out if sometimes additional spots are added for whatever reason!
It partially depends on how much advance notice you are thinking of. Normally, WGA fares will not be available for booking a flight only a few days in advance of departure date; the exception is when there are many unsold seats on the flight. If thinking of booking with more advance notice, WGA fares could again be available if some customers change or cancel their plans, and those WGA slots become available again. There is really no way of knowing.

If you are looking for more than one seat, try searching for one seat at a time; there might be a small number of WGA seats available. Also, just because a fare is marketed as WGA does not mean it's low cost. It will be the lowest available fare for the flight, but not necessarily low for the route/date. Other flights/carriers might be lower in cost.

Flights during high demand times/holiday periods normally sell out of low fares very quickly.

We had to call to get the credit for our friend, who we’re traveling with. We bought our tickets the same day for the same price but when we went to the change flights and then looked at the “new” options, it showed $0 fare difference between old and new even though the price had gone down. So, she called last night while we were having our adr planning session (today’s our 180! And, of course, dining was down until 7:45 because we both were ready at 6 am!) to get the credit, which she did. Crazy how online works for some and bit others, even with the exact same flights.

My baby is due in 2 weeks. He hasn't been named yet, and obviously we don't yet know his birth date.

I booked a seat for him (so he could ride in his car seat) for a flight in December. I made up a birthday and named him "Baby LastName."

I intended to call Southwest after the birth to update the name and the birthdate, but the rep I just spoke to advised me that this is not allowed. She said that I cannot book a seat for him until he is actually born. Does anyone have any additional information or advice? Thank you.

I've never had to present any identifying information for either of my children, so really, I could put whatever I want for their DOB/name (TSA asks them their name, but obviously your little one won't be able to answer). If you already booked it, I wouldn't worry about it. There is always a chance they'd ask for a birth certificate, but I think they do that more for the babies who are close to 2 (or look 2) and are booked as lap infants.

I've never had to present any identifying information for either of my children, so really, I could put whatever I want for their DOB/name (TSA asks them their name, but obviously your little one won't be able to answer). If you already booked it, I wouldn't worry about it. There is always a chance they'd ask for a birth certificate, but I think they do that more for the babies who are close to 2 (or look 2) and are booked as lap infants.
My grandson flew at 4, 11, 12 and 17 months and each time my daughter had to show his birth certificate. Maybe it depends on the airport???

SO HAPPY this morning:cheer2: that I booked 3 one ways on points for our pre Christmas trip to Universal! WOW, 4,000 point increase this morning per person, that's significant, 12,000 points for all 3 of us::yes::.:banana: Always a win-win to book, so easy to adjust if it goes down as it typically does if you book well in advance. :goodvibes Looking forward to relaxing before the hustle bustle of Christmas, King Kong(It was opening one month after our last trip, missed it) and seeing the Christmas decorations at Universal. Hopefully, getting some nice weather:beach: before the LONG WINTER MONTHS:scared1:!

Anyone else having issues with Southwest's website this morning? Every time I try to log in, it just loads and loads and then times out. Same happens when I try to click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. I tried calling them, and the wait time is 112 minutes!

I made a typo on my traveling companion's name for our June trip, and I was trying to call in to see if that could be fixed. I even sent a direct message via Twitter about 20 minutes ago and haven't heard anything yet.

I did manage to add Early Bird Check-in via the mobile app.

Weird.

Does the RAC or DME process automatically check you in on SW (for return flight home)? It's been a few years since I used DME and RAC from the Boardwalk to MCO, but I seem to recall that I was automatically checked-in on Southwest and was given my boarding pass the day I was checking out from the Boardwalk.
Also, if I am auto-checked-in, do I get decent boarding group number or would I be better off checking myself in at the 24 hour mark?

Does the RAC or DME process automatically check you in on SW (for return flight home)? It's been a few years since I used DME and RAC from the Boardwalk to MCO, but I seem to recall that I was automatically checked-in on Southwest and was given my boarding pass the day I was checking out from the Boardwalk.
Also, if I am auto-checked-in, do I get decent boarding group number or would I be better off checking myself in at the 24 hour mark?
I don't think that you are automatically checked in, unless you have Early Bird check-in. I've always had my phone in-hand, shortly before T-24, unless I had A-List or Early Bird. You will, however, be able to receive a boarding pass at the resort.

you will want to check b at the very second of T -24:00:00 for any hope of getting a good boarding number. If you don’t check yourself in you will be assigned a BP # when you check in at Pop.

I have learned the hard way that it’s worth the $$ to me to pay for EBC on my way home as more than once I’ve been having way too much fun at Disney and missed my window.

New sale today, even better for my dates than last weeks. So now I have a companion pass question: DH is flying on points, I am his companion. We both have early bird check in. His flights are now about 2400 less points. Is there anyway to change his & save points without me losing my EBCI? I'm thinking no, but thought I'd ask just in case. I am ok with what we paid & don't think having to repay the $30 to get me EBCI again would be worth saving 2400 points. Thanks!

Hey guys, If I purchase 5 tickets for my family and the cost goes down I can call and get a credit for the differance. Now here is the question can I use that credit for just one person? So example if I get $20.00 a ticket that would $100 can I use that $100. on a ticket just for me?

Hey guys, If I purchase 5 tickets for my family and the cost goes down I can call and get a credit for the differance. Now here is the question can I use that credit for just one person? So example if I get $20.00 a ticket that would $100 can I use that $100. on a ticket just for me?
No, each credit only can be used by the ticketed passenger who got the credit. The travel funds will be saved and must be used within one year from the date the trip was booked (travel must be completed, not just reserved). To use the credit, you must have the original confirmation number.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!