Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I paid for the EB when I initially booked my Sept flights but they have been changed 4 times so now the EB is probably just a waste of money if they apply it based on when you’ve booked your flight ...

yeah I am thinking the same except with no middle seats it prob doesn’t matter anyway. Also probably almost everyone had flights changed so most are in the same boat.

Late last night I booked a trip for Nov/Dec. I got a small pop up asking me to take a survey as I finished booking. It was maybe 6 or 7 questions. Asked how long I had been planning the trip & a few questions about why I picked SW. I thought some of the answer options were interesting... included things like nonstop flights, middle seats open, enhanced cleaning, SW’s flexible change & cancellation policy as reasons. Also had a question about if I would use SW for any other travel this fall. Unfortunately I didn’t screen shot any of the questions & can‘t remember them all. But I was impressed that it mentioned the middle seats open as an answer.

This is the first time I have ever gotten a survey like this in about 20 years of booking with SW. The nonstop flights & middle seats open were priorities I picked. Happy that they are looking for customer feedback as they evaluate changes.

SWA points conversion appears to be up and running. I searched "view travel funds" on the SWA site and it brought me to the link. Travel funds must have the 9/7/22 expiration date. I just got the travel funds so have to wait til the expiration date updates over night. Maybe report your success/failure here?

SWA points conversion appears to be up and running. I searched "view travel funds" on the SWA site and it brought me to the link. Travel funds must have the 9/7/22 expiration date. I just got the travel funds so have to wait til the expiration date updates over night. Maybe report your success/failure here?
Yes, I just used this function within my Rapid Rewards account. Now, I need to set up the accounts for my kids and parents to convert their travel funds for them.

moved my flights (me & DGS) from September to November - $8 cheaper each. I'll convert mine & eat his.

Thanks for the heads up! I just converted funds into points for all 4 of us. It was a smooth process!

Any other insight into the conversion? Like how many points per dollar? Thanks

i don’t remember any of the conversions (we had quite a few) except I laughed that our $.09 credit was 7 points.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my account. I have $324 in travel funds. Said I would get 25,270 points. That comes to 77.99 points per dollar, if I’m figuring it out right.

Running into an interesting dilemma. Since the vouchers go to the person, both my husband and I have vouchers under our RR accounts. I thought we both needed RR accounts and made them awhile back but maybe that was the wrong move? I didn't think I could find his vouchers under mine and claim the points. Maybe I messed something up but I'm realizing now I'll have to pay like $230 to transfer or book separate tickets when we do our trip but we NEED to be seated together so it looks like the transfer fee may have to happen 😞

Running into an interesting dilemma. Since the vouchers go to the person, both my husband and I have vouchers under our RR accounts. I thought we both needed RR accounts and made them awhile back but maybe that was the wrong move? I didn't think I could find his vouchers under mine and claim the points. Maybe I messed something up but I'm realizing now I'll have to pay like $230 to transfer or book separate tickets when we do our trip but we NEED to be seated together so it looks like the transfer fee may have to happen 😞
We book separate tickets all the time and still sit together.

I had travel funds created when I cancelled mine & DGSs September flight. When I rebooked another flight with the same 2 people, I put in the original confirmation number and my name and it added the correct funds to each of us. IF you have already converted the funds to points in your accounts, you will have to book each of you separately. This will not preclude you from sitting together. Really, you can both board together using the lower of the 2 boarding numbers, not a problem at all.

Any other insight into the conversion? Like how many points per dollar? Thanks

It is definitely lower. Currently my regular points are 1.5. To convert these funds it would only be 1.2, but I still think I'm gonna do it. Points are so much easier to work with.

I don't think you did anything wrong initially. You only earn RR points for your own ticket, so each person did need their own RR account.

Thanks for the heads up! This will work well for plans for allocating points and funds for my hopeful November and even more hopeful February trip!

Non stops changed to layovers. 😩 What a headache. This trip has already changed twice. Is the third time charmed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter