Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

we bought a screen in room very similar to this one.. I was wondering.. when it rained did the rain come in through the screen?

I am trying to convince DH to tent camp at the Fort in November, and he's about halfway there. My question is, where do you put all your gear?? We have a Jeep Patriot (mid size SUV) and for sure we would need a cargo box on top, but how much do they hold? Any recommendations? We would have a very large tent, screen house, 4 air mattresses, couple camp chairs, large cooler, bins of stuff/luggage, camp kitchen... just cant see how I can cram it all in my cargo space + a rooftop cargo carrier....:confused3 Anyone have some tips? Thanks! :goodvibes

p.s. keep the pictures coming please- you are all inspiring me!!! :lovestruc:wizard:

I am trying to convince DH to tent camp at the Fort in November, and he's about halfway there. My question is, where do you put all your gear?? We have a Jeep Patriot (mid size SUV) and for sure we would need a cargo box on top, but how much do they hold? Any recommendations? We would have a very large tent, screen house, 4 air mattresses, couple camp chairs, large cooler, bins of stuff/luggage, camp kitchen... just cant see how I can cram it all in my cargo space + a rooftop cargo carrier....:confused3 Anyone have some tips? Thanks! :goodvibes

p.s. keep the pictures coming please- you are all inspiring me!!! :lovestruc:wizard:

What about rent/buy/borrow a small trailer?

Thanks 2Goofycampers! DH didnt want to tow a camper, but when I brought up maybe a pop up since theyre easier to handle than a hard sided travel trailer he said maybe we can get one with next years tax money! (Alas, this years tax return went to neccesary things around the house. Sometimes being a responsible adult is for the birds! ;) ) But its something at least! Hoping for November 2013 in a pop-up now.. fingers crossed! :cool1::flower3:

we bought a screen in room very similar to this one.. I was wondering.. when it rained did the rain come in through the screen?

Sorry this took so long for me to notice a question to me. I does a little bit but it doesn't bother us as it's just the edges where we aren't anyway.

Thanx for all the pics. We will be tent camping with the cub scouts for the first time at the end of Nov and seeing everything in advance is comforting.

I know this is an old thread, but I'd love to see some more set ups with tents. Growing up our family had a pop-up and a class C so I seeing how these tents, screen rooms, and everything set up is VERY helpful.

I know this is an old thread, but I'd love to see some more set ups with tents. Growing up our family had a pop-up and a class C so I seeing how these tents, screen rooms, and everything set up is VERY helpful.

OD,

In a past trip report, I included lots of loop 2000 tent setups at the request of a poster. (The poster was named Instacamper and he has since bought a popup). There were all kinds and shapes.

Maybe it will give you ideas.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2694753

Bama Ed

Great thread! We tent camp every summer in the Finger Lakes area of NY, and we have stayed at a Cabin at FW. I would love to tent camp at FW. Your posts have let me imagine it!

We are planning on tent camping from the end of June to mid July. If we want to leave our vehicle at the campground, how do we get to the resort? Is there a bus or boat that you can take, and is there any charge for campground guests?

We are planning on tent camping from the end of June to mid July. If we want to leave our vehicle at the campground, how do we get to the resort? Is there a bus or boat that you can take, and is there any charge for campground guests?
Yes, there are both. No worries (and no charge)! Just park at your campsite... take an internal shuttle bus (color coded: Orange, Yellow, or Purple) to get you to the marina to catch a boat (if you are going to the Magic Kingdom, or the Contemporary Resort). Or you can head to the front of the campground (called the Outpost) to catch an external bus to one of the theme parks. Reverse the process to get back to the campground. Easy peezy!:cool1:

Not quite sure I understand your question :confused3 If you are talking about getting to all the parks, there are internal buses that will take you to the boat and buses. If you are talking about a specific resort, you can catch a bus from any of the parks to the specific Disney resort you want to go to. There are no charges for the buses and boats.

Thanks to you both, exactly the info I was looking for!

I have one more question I'm hoping someone will know the answer.

If we book a 9 day camp trip at Fort Wilderness and decide when we get there to cancel the last night, will we get a full refund? I read the cancellation policy and it appears we would have to cancel the last night 5 days prior to our arrival.

If this is the case are we better off making two reservations, with the last night on a separate reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!