Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

Thanks to you both, exactly the info I was looking for!

I have one more question I'm hoping someone will know the answer.

If we book a 9 day camp trip at Fort Wilderness and decide when we get there to cancel the last night, will we get a full refund? I read the cancellation policy and it appears we would have to cancel the last night 5 days prior to our arrival.

If this is the case are we better off making two reservations, with the last night on a separate reservation?

yes, you can cancel at the last minute and get a full refund. We have had to do this a couple times because of weather.

Love the rug on the floor of the tent. Why have I not thought of that before. Perfect. And so easy to clean out the tent after camping is over. I salute you.

Thanks, it was a commercial grade carpet we got from one of the big home improvement stores. Like you said, easy to clean after. We also had a big ( 12 x 15 ) outdoor carpet on the outside to catch most of the sand.

It's a Ozark Trail and it's a 12 x 20. When we staked it down it was actually longer than the pad. We have a PUP now that we will be bringing down in a few months, but are considering getting a new bigger tent for our trip in the fall.

Snowmedic,
Is that a double bed in your tent?! If so, what kind of bed is it and where did you get it? I've never even imagined having an actual, made-up double bed in our big tent!? That's amazing!

Snowmedic,
Is that a double bed in your tent?! If so, what kind of bed is it and where did you get it? I've never even imagined having an actual, made-up double bed in our big tent!? That's amazing!

It is a INTEX queen size raised air mattress with a built in pump. We bought it at Gander Mountain. We have had several air mattresses and it seemed like we were always airing it up, especially in the middle of the night. This mattress holds air. We also paid for the 1 yr. extended warranty, if anything happens to it even if it is our fault, it will be replaced (if there is a store nearby to bring it).

My son (3yrs old at the time) and I camped for 14 nights at the Fort and had the time of our lives. I had never camped for more than 3 nights prior to this and wasn't sure how this mom could pull it off for that long with a small child, but I am planning our next trip for 2018. Here are some of our setup pics from our October 2015 trip.

My son (3yrs old at the time) and I camped for 14 nights at the Fort and had the time of our lives. I had never camped for more than 3 nights prior to this and wasn't sure how this mom could pull it off for that long with a small child, but I am planning our next trip for 2018. Here are some of our setup pics from our October 2015 trip.

Oops

Our site in Loop 2000 this past May.

tentsite2_zps9ri6eenx.jpg
tentsite1_zpsvs25rvgp.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter