Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

Okay, I will share our tent site pics from February 2017. I think the site number was 2041. It was two spots past the CS on the inside of the loop. Is was a huge spot and CLOSE to the CS.
IMG_20170225_141921565.jpg IMG_20170225_141926985.jpg IMG_20170225_141947182_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20170225_182957098.jpg IMG_20170227_175441_402.jpg IMG_20170227_113114593_HDR.jpg

This is the last time (hopefully) I will tent camp at the Fort. We bought a camper and I will have AC and my own bed. Happy, happy, happy....

DDo5 - aka Mike

I just booked a tent site for two weeks in Dec (13th-27th). We have not tent camped in many years. We will be camping with 6 of our 7 kiddos ages 18-4. Our younger 5 have never tent camped. We stayed at the Fort back in 2015 in a TT and loved it!

Question...when you tent camp, where do you keep your pantry food? I've read about squirrels "breaking into" tents and stealing food. How do you keep your food critter proof? Thanks!!

Heather

IMG_2608.JPG
Question...when you tent camp, where do you keep your pantry food? I've read about squirrels "breaking into" tents and stealing food. How do you keep your food critter proof? Thanks!!

Heather
We keep all our dry food in the car and bungee the coolers.

Heres a picture of my sisters site in 1500.

Hey Heather! We too will be at the Fort this December. The 3 - 18th :) We have had issues with the squirrels getting into the tents in earlier tent trips WHEN the food was visible. Like I had the windows unzipped and they could see it through the black mesh. The last trip we kept our food outside and in rubbermaid containers. The past couple times, we didn't really have an issue. This last January 2017 trip we hardly saw any squirrels at all. To tell you the truth, I think Disney has finally done something about the squirrel problem....I'm sure they would never say so. I'm thinking a mass round up squirrel day was recently held.

I just booked a tent site for two weeks in Dec (13th-27th). We have not tent camped in many years. We will be camping with 6 of our 7 kiddos ages 18-4. Our younger 5 have never tent camped. We stayed at the Fort back in 2015 in a TT and loved it!

Heather

@FlatBlackLI - Here is a tenting at the Fort thread. Not sure how many pics are left here due to the Photobucket incident, but you may find some good ones to look at.

Here is a picture of our site. Just me and the hubby but we bring two 10 person tents. 1 to sleep in and one for our clothes and I call it my “dressing tent”. Gives so much more space in your tent![GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

The squirrels chewed through a plastic tote and ate our chips. We had to keep all our pantry food in the truck. You can’t leave food at all. One morning DH went to the bathroom while cooking and came back with the donuts gone and the comfort station was directly across the street.

Here is a picture of our site. Just me and the hubby but we bring two 10 person tents. 1 to sleep in and one for our clothes and I call it my “dressing tent”. Gives so much more space in your tent![GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Oops it didn't work. Try using the Upload a file option right next to the post reply button.

bumping this thread......
me and hubby are thinking of tent camping at the fort in 2020 to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We will be in tent so any pics of your set up would be awesome to help us.....this will be our first time at the fort.

I had to work in Jacksonville a few years ago. It had been 10+ years since I had been to Disney and had always wanted to camp there.

I planned to keep things cheep and cheerful with my single person tent and renting a basic car to get me from Jacksonville to Orlando.

It was the off OFF season and the car agency offered a Camaro Convertible for a small upgrade fee. I decided to splurge. Unfortunately, when I got to the car, I discovered the Camaro trunk was so small I couldn’t fit my bags in it.

Also unfortunately, this beauty was parked next to it. I had to ask what it would cost to rent for 2 days. With a bigger trunk, it just made sense... right??? :P

So, here I was at Disney Fort Wilderness with nothing but a coffin sized tent and a rental Porsche Boxter.

It still makes a great story/memory.

64EACCA9-6B0F-425B-99CB-7F063B23318C.jpeg

Dang... that is a pretty snazzy setup you have.
Do you secure any of the stuff while you are at the park? Or do you just have to rely on the good nature of Disney fans?
I never leave the projector and big screen out, but the other stuff, I do. There is another "wall" to the canopy I hang, so you really can't see in. I have only had one thing stolen. Refillable mug. I left it in the golf cart down by the marina. Gone in minutes.

Maybe one of our friendly squirrels was watching you leave your GC & took the mug to their house so they would have something to get their beverages to drink???

I had to work in Jacksonville a few years ago. It had been 10+ years since I had been to Disney and had always wanted to camp there.

I planned to keep things cheep and cheerful with my single person tent and renting a basic car to get me from Jacksonville to Orlando.

It was the off OFF season and the car agency offered a Camaro Convertible for a small upgrade fee. I decided to splurge. Unfortunately, when I got to the car, I discovered the Camaro trunk was so small I couldn’t fit my bags in it.

Also unfortunately, this beauty was parked next to it. I had to ask what it would cost to rent for 2 days. With a bigger trunk, it just made sense... right??? :P

So, here I was at Disney Fort Wilderness with nothing but a coffin sized tent and a rental Porsche Boxter.

It still makes a great story/memory.

View attachment 416009

LOL !! I was just looking for small set ups, but everybody here are so professional campers. I will be going with a small tent also, but not soo small and I want to hang a lot of lights around.

Can anyone say how is the weather in November and what kind of bed set up you use?

I don't know if I take sleeping bag or a more traditional bed sheets/blanket combination to use with air mattress.

Tks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter