***Post your questions and experiences with Coronavirus-related canceling/rescheduling of resort reservations here***

I moved my 3/27 to a 6/23 stay the day after the closure was announced. I got the fun and sun discount added and my room at POFQ upgraded. I also added another ticket. Any idea of whether I will be able to get the free dining offer? I read that an email would be sent to those eligible, but I haven’t received one yet.
I haven't received an email yet either and I know I fall into the eligible category.

From other posts that I've read you can only have 1 offer attached to your reservation

Thanks! I did some calculations and it looks like it would be about $250 more to drop my room discount and pick up the free dining (If wdw will even do that). Still cheaper than food out of pocket for three people for 5 days, I think. Been on hold for 2 1/2 hours already waiting to find out...

Thanks! I did some calculations and it looks like it would be about $250 more to drop my room discount and pick up the free dining (If wdw will even do that). Still cheaper than food out of pocket for three people for 5 days, I think. Been on hold for 2 1/2 hours already waiting to find out...
Keep us posted!! I will be calling at some point today to try to do the same thing.

Trying to book a trip early in 2021 as a backup plan if September falls through. How do I book online? It is only letting me book up until December 31, 2020. Do I have to call to book 2021? Thanks.

You can call and book a room-only reservation now or ask if you can book a "basic package" if you are planning to add dining and tickets later. As PP pointed out, they typically do not release next year's packages until summer, however, a few weeks ago, they released the option to book a basic package, most likely, as a temporary measure to help guests. Either way, you would need to call to book 2021 right now.

We rescheduled our 3/21-3/28 trip to 6/5-6/12 after the first closure announcement a few weeks ago and booked the fun and sun discount for the new dates. We didn’t get a free dining email either but I decided it was worth a call. After 3 hours on hold I talked to very nice CM who explained that you can only have one discount and because we had the sun and fun discount we didn’t get the free dining email. She very easily switched us back to a regular room and ticket package and was then able to add the free dining. It is definitely worth a call even if you didn’t get the email.

We had a split stay scheduled for early May. When I went into MDE to start canceling the first part of the trip, a pop up window came up saying I was eligible for free dining if I called to rebook. This message did not pop up on my other reservation that I used a pin code discount on. Anyway, after 3 hours on the phone I moved the trip to September, one continuous stay this time. I had 4 park magic tix with May dates, the CM said he could refund those since I was buying a 4 day base ticket in my free dining pkg. I really did not think that would be possible. I thought we would be stuck with our 4 park magic tix and no free dining. Granted I still need to wait 7-10 days to ensure those tickets indeed get refunded. However, I think it’s safe to say Disney worked it’s magic, so thankful!

Originally had a 5 day trip booked first week of April. Changed it to a 10 day trip end of June under the Fun n Sun offer. Called about the FD offer and the rep had to switch me to rack rate which only increased my trip by $330. we will spend way more than $330 on food for 10 days. Now we wait and see if the parks reopen by then.

The big issue now for many is their Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets!
Military families who have already purchased their non-refundable Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets for trips through 11 May, who will not be able to reschedule to other dates in 2020 due to military schedules could potentially be stuck with hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of tickets that they cannot use, as the Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets expire on 18 Dec for Disneyland and 19 December for Disney World and they are Non-Refundable.
Unfortunately Disney has decided to leave this issue up to your local Base Ticket Office!
Disney advises you to return tickets that you cannot use due to your military schedule to your Ticket Office. When you are told that the tickets are non-refundable Disney recommends asking again.
I purchased 4 day Armed Forces Salute tickets for a WDW stay before a Disney cruise. I am shocked to see anyone putting out advice to try to get a refund from the base ticket office. They are going to stick to the statement that the tickets are non-refundable (at least from them). It isn't like they have a bucket of cash sitting around that they can pull out of to refund your ticket purchase. They've already forwarded the payment to Disney. The only organization that is able to issue a refund or credit will be Disney. Why would anyone expect the base Information, Ticket and Tours office to stick their neck out over a non-refundable ticket? If Disney ends up willing to refund ITT, they would be willing to directly refund you.
The best case that I'm hoping for is that Disney will give me a credit for future tickets if I can't go the last week in May.

I purchased 4 day Armed Forces Salute tickets for a WDW stay before a Disney cruise. I am shocked to see anyone putting out advice to try to get a refund from the base ticket office. They are going to stick to the statement that the tickets are non-refundable (at least from them). It isn't like they have a bucket of cash sitting around that they can pull out of to refund your ticket purchase. They've already forwarded the payment to Disney. The only organization that is able to issue a refund or credit will be Disney. Why would anyone expect the base Information, Ticket and Tours office to stick their neck out over a non-refundable ticket? If Disney ends up willing to refund ITT, they would be willing to directly refund you.
The best case that I'm hoping for is that Disney will give me a credit for future tickets if I can't go the last week in May.
Question: Have you gone to social media like twitter or FB to see if Disney can help refund or give you credit for future tickets? I would think in this unprecedented situation they could be more flexible, especially with with our military members.

Question: Have you gone to social media like twitter or FB to see if Disney can help refund or give you credit for future tickets? I would think in this unprecedented situation they could be more flexible, especially with with our military members.
No, I haven't reached out to Disney yet. I'm still trying to keep my optimist hat on and hope that my May 26 arrival date will find the parks and resorts open for business. (REALLY hoping that Memorial Day weekend will be a driver for reopening!!) I agree that they should have some flexibility for things like military tickets, especially if people are asking for a future credit instead of just a refund. But I'm not going to start fighting that battle until I find out if I even need to.

I’m assuming no but wondering if we have to reschedule a reservation using rented DVC points are we eligible for free dining?

I’m assuming no but wondering if we have to reschedule a reservation using rented DVC points are we eligible for free dining?
You qualify for the special offer if you had a reservation on points, but your rescheduled trip would need to be booked as a cash reservation, not on points. And you would need to include tickets in the package.

Sorry you are impacted by the closure, enjoy your rescheduled vacation!

Currently have a MDW trip planned (originally was for Easter -_-), and I'm looking to rebook (again) for July.

I have an AP with original exp date of May 16th, so with a June 1st reopen it would put my exp date at July 31st.

Do we think July 1-5th is "safe" or should i do end of July?

Currently have a MDW trip planned (originally was for Easter -_-), and I'm looking to rebook (again) for July.

I have an AP with original exp date of May 16th, so with a June 1st reopen it would put my exp date at July 31st.

Hopefully it is. We have a July 7-13 trip planned (we booked it last summer). Who knows though. Hopefully the more people stay home, the less it spreads

Honestly with the way things have been going, I feel like the later the reservation, the better your chances.

I canceled a one-night stay yesterday--booked through WDW on their website--and got a confirmation number on MDE but they didn't send me an email confirmation. I took a screenshot so I have a record, but I wanted to see if this was everyone's experience.

Even though Disney (and everyone, really) always says it takes 5 to 7 days+ to have a refund show up on your credit card, usually the refund shows up immediately. This hasn't, but I'm expecting to have to wait a while.

(1) Is not getting an email confirmation the way things are right now?
(2) If anyone has received their refund on a cc, how long did it take?

Thank you! And hope to see you all in the World in a few months . . . or sooner.

I canceled a one-night stay yesterday--booked through WDW on their website--and got a confirmation number on MDE but they didn't send me an email confirmation. I took a screenshot so I have a record, but I wanted to see if this was everyone's experience.

Even though Disney (and everyone, really) always says it takes 5 to 7 days+ to have a refund show up on your credit card, usually the refund shows up immediately. This hasn't, but I'm expecting to have to wait a while.

Thank you! And hope to see you all in the World in a few months . . . or sooner.

I never receive an e-mail conformation when cancelling a resort reservation, FWIW. My refunds usually show up 3-5 days, although that can vary by bank/credit card.

Even though Disney (and everyone, really) always says it takes 5 to 7 days+ to have a refund show up on your credit card, usually the refund shows up immediately. This hasn't, but I'm expecting to have to wait a while...

I have cancelled a lot of resort reservations over the years, and rarely, if ever, received a cancellation confirmation email. But the money always gets refunded. They'll refund yours, too, don't worry. It has not been my experience that resort refunds are usually instantaneous. They've taken up to a week for me. And expect more time now, due to current conditions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!