***Post your questions and experiences with Coronavirus-related canceling/rescheduling of resort reservations here***

Getting frustrated with United. Cancelled my flight on 4/7 after our upcoming dates were officially closed and I was told that I would get a credit certificate via email in "3 to 5 business days." After 5 business days, I had not received the email, so I called back and I was told that they were backlogged, and that it was taking "up to 7 business days." So I waited, and still no email. I called back today (after 10 business days, and 14 calendar days), and I was now told "21 business days." 😡
Good luck with United. They still owe me $3235.59 for a trip to Japan that they canceled. That has been since March 15.

Currently I have 2 reservations for May. 9-11 POFQ for DH and me. I have active FL res annual pass, he has a AP voucher. I also have memorial day week res at AKL for us two and also Florida resident discover disney tickets for daughter and grandson (4 of us). I know they'll both be canceled. So, my 2 part question is...if I do a larger trip in July with more people (between 8 and 12 people) would free dining be extended to all of us? Also, I know I'd need at least a 1 day park ticket for my DH and me, right? And does the FL ticket that my daughter and grandson have count in the package? As in, we have some FL residents and some who would be flying in. Also.. is it worth it to pay rack rate on room to get free dining for so many of us? That is, if they allow it. I haven't posted here in a while, but when I do, I see that I am very long winded! Thanks Dis friends!

Currently I have 2 reservations for May. 9-11 POFQ for DH and me. I have active FL res annual pass, he has a AP voucher. I also have memorial day week res at AKL for us two and also Florida resident discover disney tickets for daughter and grandson (4 of us). I know they'll both be canceled. So, my 2 part question is...if I do a larger trip in July with more people (between 8 and 12 people) would free dining be extended to all of us? Also, I know I'd need at least a 1 day park ticket for my DH and me, right? And does the FL ticket that my daughter and grandson have count in the package? As in, we have some FL residents and some who would be flying in. Also.. is it worth it to pay rack rate on room to get free dining for so many of us? That is, if they allow it. I haven't posted here in a while, but when I do, I see that I am very long winded! Thanks Dis friends!

The guest recovery free dining package includes the room, at rack rate, tickets and free dining (QS for value and mod, DDP for deluxe). You would have to purchase new tickets for everyone as part of that package. The FL resident ticket does not count toward the package, however, there are reports of guests getting refunds on previously purchased tickets if they now need to purchase other tickets in conjunction with this package. Whether they allow you to book this package for more guests or more rooms than were on the original reservations is something you would need to ask when you call. If the CM on the phone doesn't have an answer, I would ask if you can speak with someone in guest services. I would also price out any AP or summer promotions currently out to see if they present a better cost savings than this FD offer.

I have reservations for WL for Dec 4-11, Military room only and have not yet bought tickets or made airline reservations... Don't know what to do really... AS a lot of others are also In my BOAT... I can make dining reservations in June and continue to watch the news to see what happens before I buy the Military salute tickets that are not refundable as I hear.. If I have to I can drive, hate too but can just takes longer.. have to take 4 extra days for travel. Maybe things will change and better times will happen....

So confused as to why my May 9-10-11 res at POFQ is showing on MDE (with May 10 fastpasses) as well as my May 25-30 at AKL and fastpasses, and dining reservations.

I'm not sure I feel confident enough to re-book something for after June 1st, but like so many others, it will depend on what "the new world" at Disney looks like, and whether or not I feel comfortable returning. I imagine this is hard for all of us who are "super planners" when it comes to Disney trip planning. Need this world crystal clear and not a big cloud of fog! Missing my kids and grandkids. Hopefully, we'll all get to be with our families soon. Hangin' in there... one day at a time

So confused as to why my May 9-10-11 res at POFQ is showing on MDE (with May 10 fastpasses) as well as my May 25-30 at AKL and fastpasses, and dining reservations.

Did you manually cancel any of these (resort reservation, dining, etc)? If you didn't, they'll stay in MDE until we get to those dates and Disney automatically cancels them.

Disney just removed the park hours on their park calendar for 5/10-5/16 earlier today, so those 5/10 FPs will disappear shortly.

Did you manually cancel any of these (resort reservation, dining, etc)? If you didn't, they'll stay in MDE until we get to those dates and Disney automatically cancels them.

Disney just removed the park hours on their park calendar for 5/10-5/16 earlier today, so those 5/10 FPs will disappear shortly.
Ohhh. I thought they'd cancel the res and send me an email. I haven't canceled anything manually. Maybe I will call tomorrow and cancel

Ohhh. I thought they'd cancel the res and send me an email. I haven't canceled anything manually. Maybe I will call tomorrow and cancel

Yeah, it seems by most reports Disney is doing it on a rolling basis. I’ve had two reservations during this that I left alone and they finally disappeared about half way through the check in day. My credit card posted the deposit credit back several days later. Some have reported emails, but I haven’t received any (pretty normal Disney inconsistency there).

Many/most reservations can be cancelled online vs having to call, so it may just as easy as a few clicks online.

I’m sorry I tried to read through but didn’t see it. Has anyone canceled a July trip that had American Airlines attaches yet? I called in March to see my options and American said I would have to pay the $200 pp fee to cancel. On their site now looks like there is a waiver of the $200 to CHANGE a flight but doesn’t say anything about actually canceling. If we can’t go for the 7/7 trip I don’t know when we would make it so I’d rather have the air
fare back and start fresh (plus what if the airlines go Under?? Would our money just be gone?

I’m sorry I tried to read through but didn’t see it. Has anyone canceled a July trip that had American Airlines attaches yet? I called in March to see my options and American said I would have to pay the $200 pp fee to cancel. On their site now looks like there is a waiver of the $200 to CHANGE a flight but doesn’t say anything about actually canceling. If we can’t go for the 7/7 trip I don’t know when we would make it so I’d rather have the air
fare back and start fresh (plus what if the airlines go Under?? Would our money just be gone?
As I understand it, the airfare part is outside of Disney's control - you are stuck with the airline policies. The best advice I've found is to keep watching your flight and see if AA cancels or changes it. A cancellation or significant change will allow you to request a refund; otherwise if you cancel they may waive a change fee but only offer a voucher. So I wouldn't cancel, just watch-and-wait. Good luck!

As I understand it, the airfare part is outside of Disney's control - you are stuck with the airline policies. The best advice I've found is to keep watching your flight and see if AA cancels or changes it. A cancellation or significant change will allow you to request a refund; otherwise if you cancel they may waive a change fee but only offer a voucher. So I wouldn't cancel, just watch-and-wait. Good luck!
Thank you very much! I will keep a watch on it as so much could change in the next 2 months we will just keep a watch. They did change the times of both flights without letting us know. I just happened to log in to see if they were still creating flights etc and saw ours wasn’t available so I logged in and it shows new times but same flight numbers. Just 1 hr earlier to go to FL and1 he later to return, which isn’t a huge deal but I was shocked we weren’t notified of a flight change? I never had that happen before.

Thank you very much! I will keep a watch on it as so much could change in the next 2 months we will just keep a watch. They did change the times of both flights without letting us know. I just happened to log in to see if they were still creating flights etc and saw ours wasn’t available so I logged in and it shows new times but same flight numbers. Just 1 hr earlier to go to FL and1 he later to return, which isn’t a huge deal but I was shocked we weren’t notified of a flight change? I never had that happen before.
I think any change greater than 2 hours is considered a significant change. So if you see them change your flight again, it's worth a call.

I think any change greater than 2 hours is considered a significant change. So if you see them change your flight again, it's worth a call.
Yes this is what JetBlue told me. If they change our flight by 2 hours or more we will get our money back for the flight. I’ve never hoped that this would happen but I am now 😂

We have my family trip planned for October this year. It was supposed to be my big 30th birthday bash and now we are in this situation. Is anyone considering still going in the fall? I am trying to figure out if I should cancel or just wait it out. But if the parks are at 50-75 percent capacity wouldn't that mean the six feet apart rule for lines would be huge?

We have my family trip planned for October this year. It was supposed to be my big 30th birthday bash and now we are in this situation. Is anyone considering still going in the fall? I am trying to figure out if I should cancel or just wait it out. But if the parks are at 50-75 percent capacity wouldn't that mean the six feet apart rule for lines would be huge?
I don’t think I’d cancel for October yet. Who knows how this would be then. I’d wait and see personally

Sounds like no updates on military salute tickets yet? I really think Disney should at least extend through 2021 at an absolute minimum. Frustrating.

Also if they change the aircraft, you should be able to cancel with a refund. I have done this in the past.

File this under weird things happening today: I got an email from Disney stating that since I have tickets, I will be able to reserve a time to visit a theme park. Thing is, I have neither tickets nor a resort reservation at this time! I did a while back make a room only one for the fall, only to change my mind the next day and cancel it (just double checked, and it is indeed cancelled). I just found it funny! Much as I love Disney, it will likely be at least a year before I go back.

Sorry, I am sure it has been asked before, but just wondering how soon we need to cancel now to get a full refund? Would like to wait as long as possible to see how things go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts