***Post your questions and experiences with Coronavirus-related canceling/rescheduling of resort reservations here***

I just want someone to tell me they think my May 3 - 17 Trip is going to be ok ....

Its going to be ... right ?
Would love to be able to reassure you since we are going during those dates ourselves ;)

I just want someone to tell me they think my May 3 - 17 Trip is going to be ok ....

It might be okay, but start preparing for it to not be okay.

i have a trip planned for April 30-May 4 and we’re waiting until we’re closer to the date to decide.

Those that have moved their dates....did Disney honor the rate that you booked at or did the price of your vacation change? We have an unheard of room rate at the BWI April 15-22. I kinda hedged my bets and made another reservation in May, same room category but of course at the May rate. I'm waiting to see if Disney is closed for our April dates, then will call and see if they will honor that rate for the May trip. Thoughts????

Wondering if anyone is in the same boat and can find out the answer for me..
We rented DVC points and are booked at the Beach Club from April 3-12.
If parks are still closed will they still let us come and check in for a resort vacation?
Will resorts be fully operational with character dining, activities etc?
From what i have read. Resort functions could be limited due to the shutdown. Meaning not all services would be in full force. However, i would keep an eye out for posts pertaining to this week on people staying "resort only" while the parks are closed.

It might be okay, but start preparing for it to not be okay.

i have a trip planned for April 30-May 4 and we’re waiting until we’re closer to the date to decide.

We are the same dates as you, as much as it breaks my heart I do not think it will be open by then, we booked June as a back up in case.

We are the same dates as you, as much as it breaks my heart I do not think it will be open by then, we booked June as a back up in case.
The hard part is that due to lack of testing in the US, we don’t know if we’ve hit our peak yet. We may actually be in the peak and things will turn around. I’m not set on this April 30th trip, but I’m not making any decisions now. We have almost 7 weeks until departure.

I’m the same dates as a lot of you 4/28 to 5/5. I can push it back to June but I booked through Costco. Anyone with luck getting through to them?

I’m the same dates as a lot of you 4/28 to 5/5. I can push it back to June but I booked through Costco. Anyone with luck getting through to them?
People on the cruise forum have had a very difficult time getting through to Costco. I don’t know if there are different numbers to call for resort bookings, though.

Goid luck with your rescheduling!

People on the cruise forum have had a very difficult time getting through to Costco. I don’t know if there are different numbers to call for resort bookings, though.

Goid luck with your rescheduling!
Well I’m not going to reschedule unless I have to. If I do I’m planning on it being a all day hold situation. II May go ahead and book a room in June as a back up.

Has anyone had any luck getting them to give you your fast passes or dinner reservations with the change? We had everything perfect. It was a miracle we scored all we did. I don’t think I’ll ever get that lucky again.

I mean, I wouldn't even be worried if it were Mid - June, I think you are more than fine :)

Agreed! Coming from a public health/global health crises background, my opinion is that here in the states by mid-June things are going to be cooling off. If this virus situation is still going strong by then we will have had to learn to live around it and create a new normal if that makes sense. The big push for closings now is so that we can try and get ahead of it and prevent everyone from getting sick all at once and overwhelming our medical system. Really this is the time that matters. In a few weeks/maybe up to a bit over a month away we'll either have been successful and then it will just be about increased caution without all these closures and restrictions, or we will have been unsuccessful and will be dealing with a new normal. We cannot flatten the curve in a few months, it has to happen now, which is why the closures are happening now. There would be no point in things still being shuttered all over the country 3 months down the line as it will be too late then. I'm not sure if this makes sense at all, it's difficult to explain, but now is the time for action and doing this stuff, and keeping things closed that late will make almost no difference. We cannot live like this forever with these restrictions and closures and at some point things are going to have to continue on as normal. I would be shocked if that hasn't started happening and we're not back on the road to that by June. Thinking logically, I think the latest Disney would reopen would be around Memorial Day time. Again I'm not speaking facts, just how I see the situation.

We are going after July 4th and I’m really hoping it’ll all be ok by then. But I’m getting nervous myself. I hope your May trip is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!