***Post your questions and experiences with Coronavirus-related canceling/rescheduling of resort reservations here***

Does anyone know the refund policy for prepaid dining experiences? We have Spirit of Aloha, CRT, and the HEA dessert party booked for May and want to cancel since we are putting this trip off longer than 6 months (otherwise we would just modify).

Does anyone know the refund policy for prepaid dining experiences? We have Spirit of Aloha, CRT, and the HEA dessert party booked for May and want to cancel since we are putting this trip off longer than 6 months (otherwise we would just modify).

I was told it was a 48 hour cancellation for the prepaid HDD, and when I canceled it I got an immediate email, but no funds returned yet.

My family and I are locals and had planned a staycation at pop century for my nephew's birthday. We are supposed to check in this Tuesday and we are trying to decide whether or not to cancel. The parks are closed, but we figured we could still enjoy the pool, resort hop, and enjoy everything else Disney has to offer besides the theme parks. We even have a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's. My question is, is there anyone else with a trip around this time that are still going? My mom is a little worried that it will be like a ghost town there and we'll be the only ones hanging around. I would love to hear everyone's plans and thoughts about this.

The HEA dessert party is refundable up until 5 days before the date. It's only of the anomalies among various dessert parties - most of the others are 1 day. I'm not sure about the time frame of the others but they're all refundable with 1-2 days notice if I'm not mistaken. The confirmation e-mail (if you received one) should have the details.

The timing of the refund will vary by credit card companies. Mine are usually in 3'ish days or so.

My family and I are locals and had planned a staycation at pop century for my nephew's birthday. We are supposed to check in this Tuesday and we are trying to decide whether or not to cancel. The parks are closed, but we figured we could still enjoy the pool, resort hop, and enjoy everything else Disney has to offer besides the theme parks. We even have a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's. My question is, is there anyone else with a trip around this time that are still going? My mom is a little worried that it will be like a ghost town there and we'll be the only ones hanging around. I would love to hear everyone's plans and thoughts about this.
I’m not trying to shame you, but you really should be practicing social distancing right now. Going out and being with extended family is suggested against.

I’m not trying to shame you, but you really should be practicing social distancing right now. Going out and being with extended family is suggested against.
Are you saying the same to everyone still vacationing at Disney?

I get that, but unless we are told by our state or county that we absolutely need to quarantine we are not going to do willingly do it and stop living our lives and locking ourselves up for two weeks. I feel like if there was a huge risk Disney still wouldn't be keeping their resorts and restaurants open. I was just curious if anyone else has plans to go for when our family goes and if they're keeping their plans.

I get that, but unless we are told by our state or county that we absolutely need to quarantine we are not going to do willingly do it and stop living our lives and locking ourselves up for two weeks. I feel like if there was a huge risk Disney still wouldn't be keeping their resorts and restaurants open. I was just curious if anyone else has plans to go for when our family goes and if they're keeping their plans.

This is a pandemic. The CDC just said hours ago to avoid mass gatherings of 50+ people. I would definitely NOT attend a character meal.

Restaurants in states and cities around the country are being required to close and only offer takeout and delivery as we speak. Others will follow suit.

I would definitely not swim in a communal pool.

Is anyone in your group over age 65? They have a much higher risk of complications if they contract Covid 19.

The only way to slow the spread of this is to socially distance. It actually would be safest if it was a ghost town. You may not care if you get it, but if you get it, you will spread it to others. You can spread it 4-5 days before experiencing any symptoms.

You asked for opinions and you may get some you don’t like. If my visit was anytime soon, I would not go. I just cancelled a spring break trip elsewhere.

Listen to the CDC. Get up to speed on the facts. Look at what happened in Italy and France when people didn’t socially distance themselves. We are not all invincible.

Last edited:
This is a pandemic. The CDC just said hours ago to avoid mass gatherings of 50+ people. I would definitely NOT attend a character meal.

Restaurants in states and cities around the country are being required to close and only offer takeout and delivery as we speak. Others will follow suit.

I would definitely not swim in a communal pool.

Is anyone in your group over age 65? They have a much higher risk of complications if they contract Covid 19.

The only way to slow the spread of this is to socially distance. It actually would be safest if it was a ghost town. You may not care if you get it, but if you get it, you will spread it to others. You can spread it 4-5 days before experiencing any symptoms.

You asked for opinions and you may get some you don’t like. If my visit was anytime soon, I would not go. I just cancelled a spring break trip elsewhere.

Listen to the CDC. Get up to speed on the facts. Look at what happened in Italy and France when people didn’t socially distance themselves. We are not all invincible.
No, no one in our group is over 65. We are going to call Disney tomorrow and hear their thoughts on it and if they will still even be doing character breakfasts. I wouldn't say there are opinions about it that I wouldn't like, I actually figured there would be a lot that would be against going, but I like hearing those and deciding what's best to do. We will most likely cancel, especially since we do live right here and are passholders so it's not a huge deal if we don't get to go. Just a disappointment. But obviously we want to make the best decision here and right now it looks like it's to cancel it.

Does anyone know if Costco is giving full refunds for cancellations? We are booked 3/24-3/31 in WDW and are hoping to just cancel and see how everything plays out instead of gambling with rescheduled dates right now. But, we are within the window of only receiving 30% refund under normal circumstances and I can't seem to find info on if they are granting 100% refunds.

Does anyone know if Costco is giving full refunds for cancellations? We are booked 3/24-3/31 in WDW and are hoping to just cancel and see how everything plays out instead of gambling with rescheduled dates right now. But, we are within the window of only receiving 30% refund under normal circumstances and I can't seem to find info on if they are granting 100% refunds.
Now that Disney is shuttering their resorts starting Friday, I think policies will be relaxed. Or at least I'd hope so.

Now that Disney is shuttering their resorts starting Friday, I think policies will be relaxed. Or at least I'd hope so.
Disney is giving full refunds for their resort hotels and also special arrangements for tickets, so Costco should follow that. If your Costco package includes airfare or other non-Disney components, it will depend on the policies of the companies that provide those components.

FYI, Disney has updated the operations page on their website with additional information about resort/transportation operations during the park closure period. Worth a read to see the latest information as there is a lot more info here than before especially in regards to resort operations: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/
What about guests that have already "checked in" online? This link mentions guests that haven't checked in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter